Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

springk

Sun Gazing <3
I find this beautiful and Inspiring. I have really been thinking of changing my sleeping habits just to attempt this....

Sun gazing is wonderful. I love seeing sunrise and sunset ,also gazing at clouds ,sky. It makes me feel the immense space that is beyond me and how I am a small part of it. That I am surrounded with such beautiful earth.

springk

I am certain it has an effect on people, I'm just not sure about the extent. My own observations have led me to think it makes people more anxious, more depressed, less physically fit, and more self-centered when they don't have the dangers/awesomeness of the wild to humble them/remind them there is something greater and more powerful than them, and othee living creatures, and they are not the center of the universe.

Personally I find that when I feel depressed or negative in any way, when I think about the other living creatures we share the world with, it helps me because I realize my life and issues are very small in the grand scheme of things, in a good way. May sound silly, but it helps.

Doesn't sound silly at all opaline.
I also feel that way sometimes. My issues doesn't feel that heavy when I think of this grand scheme of things working and how all this works . My life is just a flicker and I have to make it worthwhile while I live my life that is surely not long if I see the eternal time.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
If i hear one more time that suicide is for the weak,i'm gonna lose my shit..

Whit's the matter - huvin' a bad time, eh, Yella? Sorry yer feelin' that way, it's no' great - as if it would be. Am no' feelin' particular cheery as uh lately, masel'. But ah try no' tae moan aboot it too much coz, well, it's borin'.

Och, ah don't know whit tae do wi' masel', tae be honest. Aw ah know fur a fact is that ah need a haircut.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Apparently, I'm a "homebody." If that's a euphemism for "cowardly, sluggardly schmuck," then I suppose I am. How very depressing.

Naw, it jist ye dinnae gan oot as much. And ye would prefer tae jist stay in the hoose. Well, that's the basic definition an' describe me quite well. :giggle:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I am certain it has an effect on people, I'm just not sure about the extent. My own observations have led me to think it makes people more anxious, more depressed, less physically fit, and more self-centered when they don't have the dangers/awesomeness of the wild to humble them/remind them there is something greater and more powerful than them, and othee living creatures, and they are not the center of the universe.

Personally I find that when I feel depressed or negative in any way, when I think about the other living creatures we share the world with, it helps me because I realize my life and issues are very small in the grand scheme of things, in a good way. May sound silly, but it helps.
Yes.

Kiwong

Sometimes when I watch a sunrise or sunset I get so lost in sounds, colour and detail that I lose the concept of self, I am that distracted from my thoughts. After dark, when the sunset is over, I walk back to my car, and it is like a curtain has just gone down on the most amazing show, and I must re-enter a world more ordinary.

For winter sunrises it is as if I go from cold and the darkness, both in nature and in my mind, and emerge in the light with the wonderful warm sun on my face, alive and out of the darkness.

Maybe people were meant to see things like that as a way of renewal. It is one of the things that keeps me wanting to go on.

A few days ago I had it with my cellphone and decided it was time for an upgrade.

I was reluctant for the longest time, because I desperately wanted one with a physically keyboard. But they just don't make them anymore with the specs in require.

But I got so tired of the sluggishness, incompatibility and questionable functionality that I just searched for the first add-on keyboard peripheral that I could find, and to just buy whatever phone it belonged to (provided the phone in question was less than a year old.)

I don't really keep up with how smart phones progress, but as it turns out this one (Galaxy S5) is highly water resistant, has a built-in heart rate monitor, and some sort of finger print scanner. That was a pleasant surprise.

You gotta love corporate competition sometimes.

Kiwong

You're doing "okay" physically? Mate, you could sweep the floor with most 20 year olds in a running competition. :)

Haha, I wonder how those 20 years old feel being beaten by a shuffler like me. :bigsmile:There are a few 14 years olds beating me now.

MikeyC

If i hear one more time that suicide is for the weak,i'm gonna lose my shit..
I have heard this, too, and I don't like it, either. Who has been saying this to you?

For winter sunrises it is as if I go from cold and the darkness, both in nature and in my mind, and emerge in the light with the wonderful warm sun on my face, alive and out of the darkness.
Awesome. I would love to witness a winter sunrise, however I'm at work six sunrises a week, and the one I can witness I tend to sleep through. :giggle: I should take advantage of living on the east coast and watch one at the beach, though. Is that what you do? Sit on the sand?

A few days ago I had it with my cellphone and decided it was time for an upgrade.

I was reluctant for the longest time, because I desperately wanted one with a physically keyboard. But they just don't make them anymore with the specs in require.

But I got so tired of the sluggishness, incompatibility and questionable functionality that I just searched for the first add-on keyboard peripheral that I could find, and to just buy whatever phone it belonged to (provided the phone in question was less than a year old.)

I don't really keep up with how smart phones progress, but as it turns out this one (Galaxy S5) is highly water resistant, has a built-in heart rate monitor, and some sort of finger print scanner. That was a pleasant surprise.

You gotta love corporate competition sometimes.
You're one of them now. Haha, just kidding. Enjoy all the new features. There might be an app that clips your toenails somewhere, too.

Haha, I wonder how those 20 years old feel being beaten by a shuffler like me. :bigsmile:There are a few 14 years olds beating me now.
You're definitely not an "old shuffler," that's for sure!

Ithior

My mum asked me something about the World Cup, so after I answered I touched her foot with mine and threw myself on the ground, claiming penalty kick.

WeirdyMcGee

^ hehe. Nice answer.

If anyone asks me, though-- I might go on forever about the poverty in the country long before mentioning anything about the actual sport.

I'm not religious (anymore), and I'm not a fan of the negative things religion can do to people. However, it bugs me that my (seemingly nominally only) Muslim friend acts as if she believes in and wants to promote religious tolerance and respect, and yet I caught her mocking Christianity in a Facebook post, stating that the bible has no credibility.

Look, I'm with you on that one, honey, but be consistent. Also, the irony :rolleyes: ...but mostly the hypocrisy is what bothers me.

Awesome. This new phone comes with a great panorama feature. I've been trying to get panoramas to work for some time now. Woo!

euu8.jpg