Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

My sister has offered to come over and help me renovate my unit. New carpets, a stove, a clean out. It seems both a way out of the mess I have created for myself, and something scary, because I ashamed to open up my world to anyone. I helped my Sister out financially and now she is going to help as a way of thanks.

I've also got a photo of a frog framed to give to my niece, she has been very kind to me, and helped bring my fathers ashes home. I want to go and see her and give her my present.

GraybeardGhost

My sister has offered to come over and help me renovate my unit. New carpets, a stove, a clean out. It seems both a way out of the mess I have created for myself, and something scary, because I ashamed to open up my world to anyone. I helped my Sister out financially and now she is going to help as a way of thanks.

I can't tell you how much I relate to this. My apartment is in a dreadful state, the outer tumult echoing that within. I need help to get it all in order. I have thought to hire someone or ask a friend, but the shame that she might see me as I am, sans facade, in all this squalor, stops me cold. I wish I had a sister.

Kiwong

I can't tell you how much I relate to this. My apartment is in a dreadful state, the outer tumult echoing that within. I need help to get it all in order. I have thought to hire someone or ask a friend, but the shame that she might see me as I am, sans facade, in all this squalor, stops me cold. I wish I had a sister.

I know what that is like GreybeardGhost, I lived a Spartan/Squalid existence for over a decade. Although it is my sister I am afraid of opening up my world to her, it isn't pretty. I guess it is like running a marathon, I've got to push through the pain to see what is on the other side.

MollyBeGood

^ that will be a great thing for you to do with your sis Kiwong. I am sure she will not be judging you as harshly as you fear. Reconnecting with a sibling is a powerful thing.

Just completed refinishing the deck and it looks so good. Now it's time to drink cocktails and enjoy sunsets in style. The sunsets have been incredible due to the unfortunate effects of wildfire smoke in the air lately. Glad there are none close by. They are mostly in Idaho right now. They do make the light so diffused and magical looking, a lot like fog.

Ithior

I worked out and now everything hurts!!!!!!!!!!

It's normal the first times. I remember this one time when I played football (soccer) for one hour, the day after I was hurting everywhere and it lasted like 5 days. I could barely move the first day (at least at home, small movements/steps were actually harder than walking outside).

Nowadays I just get a bit of muscle soreness when I get a new workout plan.

I feel bad for them people on that jet liner that got shot down there between Russia and Ukraine today. All them innocent people dead and for what? Terrible.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Ermahgerd.jpg

This still cracks me up.

MikeyC

I feel bad for them people on that jet liner that got shot down there between Russia and Ukraine today. All them innocent people dead and for what? Terrible.
Of course, our news only goes on about the 27 Australians on board, because who cares about the others. :eek:mg: But you're right, it's a tragedy.

This still cracks me up.
Goosebumps was awesome when I was a younger lad. I used to love reading them. I had a small collection of them, too. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah really wish ma family would stop makin' assumptions an' judgements aboot me, based purely on ma tastes in music and comedy. Actin' aw surprised that ah listen tae a certain genre of music or dinnae like a certain overrated, overhyped comedy series. Shows how well they know me doesn't it?

Mini-rant ower!