what do you think of dating sites?

Ithior

o_O seriously? That would be like saying women aren't aware about how men feel about the size of their privates, but... well, that statement would just be absurd. Unless you live in a cave in the Rockies, of course.

I'm from America though, I notice you're from Portugal so maybe it's different there.

It's just an opinion, the guys I know are aware of that but it's quite possible that there are many men out there that aren't. Maybe I just don't expect much from people in general.

Maybe the guy was aware and was just being a jerk, I'm not denying that.

Guys like that are the reason women are sensitive about the size of their breasts.

True, but at some point you'll have to accept and learn to appreciate yourself, just like with all the things we don't like about ourselves (ok, there are some personality traits that can and should be changed but I'm talking about the body), and then those comments won't really affect your self-esteem.

But yes, I agree that's not a nice thing to say at all, not even as a joke.

InvisaLady

I don't get it? :idontknow:

It was his way of saying I have no cleavage, just 2 lumps with the grand canyon between them

As far as the implants go, I would be happy just looking average, not huge and fake. Being a plus sizer and an a cup sucks big time, clothing never looks right.

And to have 2 in a row make a big deal out of it, well that is 100% for me so by that conclusion all will find me lacking in that department.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
And to have 2 in a row make a big deal out of it, well that is 100% for me so by that conclusion all will find me lacking in that department.

I know it's easy to say but I swear to you, there are guys out there who doesn't care much about it.

And concerning dating sites, I subscribed to it once, had a couple of interesting msg, some nice conversations, then after 2 weeks I realized I would never ever gather enough courage to meet anyone with the poor amount of self-esteem that I have in my possession so I deleted my account. :p

Silatuyok

Once it was just about wanting to be desirable to a possible partner. Now it is a whole beauty industry behind this. It's not about guys or women, it's about making money.

I think there are a lot of factors. Mass media is definitely a huge part of it.

onehandclapping

to be frank, breast size is not that important to me. if a lady has a great pair its an added bonus I suppose. I wouldn't think less of someone with smaller jugs, nor would I chose someone based on the size of the boobs.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Coyote--yep. I'm just as likely to date a girl with tiny boobs as huge ones. I've dated both sorts in fact. It's not that I don't love boobs, mind. I just don't require them to be any particular size.

:idontknow:

HHDisturbed

So long as you are careful about who you are willing to meet in person I feel that dating sites can be a great way to meet new people. Let's face it, finding the time or opportunity to meet someone outside of a bar or church (I know, a major contrast) can be a challenge to many. Dating sites allow you to browse several potential matches based on your criteria and narrow it down to a chosen few. It is easy to weed out the ones that do not share the same interests and likes.

I have never had a problem meeting people but 14 years ago after going hrough a divorce I thought I would try internet dating. (Mind you that this was several years before it was so common and widely accepted.) In 2 years I met several great women in person (usually for dinner and drinks). Some lasted only one or two dates because they were not what I was seeking while several lasted longer. However, I grew tired of just dating. So not wanting to settle I focused on finding that needle in the haystack, you know, that puzzle piece that fit perfectly in my life...and I found her.

She has all of the qualities I always hoped to find in a potential mate and more. She is beautiful, sexy, smart, career oriented, loving and caring. She makes me feel special each and every day. She is my wonderful wife Beth. Last year we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and I have never been happier in my life. I am a very lucky guy.

So I certainly cannot say anything bad about internet dating sites. I would have never met the love of my life if I had not given internet dating a shot. The key to success is reading between the lines both in their profile and in conversations. Insist on a current photo. Be choosey. Look for the red flags that go against what you are looking for and don't hesitate to move on if they are not what you hoped for. Never settle!

For women seeking men, BE CAREFUL! Always meet the first time in a public place and don't ignore your feelings if you get a bad vibe. Never give out personal information (address, where you work, etc.) until you know the person a little better.

Last edited:

Lamb

Never tried them, but I have met potential mates thanks to the internet. So it isn't necessarily a bad thing..

Remus

Staff member
I know a few who have tried theuglybugball to meet other misfits.

I've never bothered myself. I'm somewhat schitzotypal and don't yearn for relationships (no touchy feely!)

Last edited:
I know a few who have tried theuglybugball to meet other misfits.

I've never bothered myself. I'm somewhat schitzotypal and don't yearn for relationships (no touchy feely!)

I thought I read you'd met somebody special on-line several years ago? And they'd moved across the world to be with you:idontknow:....was that a dream....could have been a dream....

Remus

Staff member
I thought I read you'd met somebody special on-line several years ago? And they'd moved across the world to be with you:idontknow:....was that a dream....could have been a dream....

That happened yes, I found someone who would put up with my ways. I did spend almost 10 years before that not being interested in a relationship.

That happened yes, I found someone who would put up with my ways. I did spend almost 10 years before that not being interested in a relationship.

Phew, last month a friend visited me from London and stayed with me a couple days. During that time, she asked me if there were any good chippers around here. I told her yea, that there was actually one in the city centre were the guys working there wore tuxedos and they had one of those VIP red chords and a doorman to let people in and out and pictures of all famous people up on the wall who got their chips there. I suggested we went there, she agreed. My housemate overheard this conversation and broke his heart laughing. It took 7 google searches for him to prove to me that no such places exists and it was in fact a dream that I had had several years ago and ever since had believed to be real. :giggle: So now I double check things.

Remus

Staff member
Hang on I'll just check....

forever-alone_o_417165.png

drganon

I've thought about online dating, but I'm way too nervous to try. I'm paranoid that someone I knew from high school or just some random person trying to be a jerk sees my profile and play some practical joke on me. That and since I can't drive and live at home with my mom, I figure there is no way in hell any women would be interested in me anyway.

akala

I think it works, if you're very intuitive and can pick up on different things of the other person, Because if you just take things for face value it'll be a shock when you meet in real life.