what do you think of dating sites?

Section_31

I think they definately have value.

Im shy as can be and ive met some very awsome women through them. But, its all in how you lay out your profile and how you present yourself, same as you would in real life. You may need to be prepared to msg some ladies first too, some prefer the guy to make the first move, others not so much.

Another thing, one advantage ive found in sites that you pay to be on vs free, and im talking sites that BOTH parties pay to be on, is typically on those sites i found alot less time wasters. If theyre paying to be on there theyre typically more serious than most, which leads to less games being played, more upfrontness, and less guesswork. All good things for SA'ers i think :).

If your considering it, i say give it a shot!

Last edited:

Marc7

idk about dating websites but i had a bad experience of online relationship and im still hurt by it

InvisaLady

I think I met my soul mate on one, he then proceeded to dump me after seeing me shirtless for the first time.

JohnnAY

^ I really hope you're exaggerating. Otherwise... Wow, what a grade A douche. He doesn't deserve your time.

PGT

I signed up to a couple of sites a few months ago. finding things hard at the minute. The main problem with me is if I don't get a response after I send a message i feel rejected and that I am not good enough. I don't think I have the mental strength to use these sites properly.
They work for some people but not for others. I am happy that I gave it a go, but I don't think they are for me.

Flanscho

Okcupid is nice. Over the years I met a couple of nice people from there. Heck, some of the best weeks of my life I spent in foreign countries with people I met through that website. The other dating websites I tried were pretty crappy.

davidburke

i have signed up for many before but got nothing out of it. I tried a different site recently and i messaged a girl who is into alot of stuff i am and doesn't live that far away from me. We have being messaging over and back for about a week then she asked me if i want to exchange numbers so i'm kind of panicking now

Silatuyok

i have signed up for many before but got nothing out of it. I tried a different site recently and i messaged a girl who is into alot of stuff i am and doesn't live that far away from me. We have being messaging over and back for about a week then she asked me if i want to exchange numbers so i'm kind of panicking now

I typically skip the phone calling stage and jump right into meeting up. I'd say do whatever you feel most comfortable with, in terms of moving forward with it. These days there's no reason why you can't ask her out via email or text, it doesn't have to be over the phone.

onehandclapping

idk about dating websites but i had a bad experience of online relationship and im still hurt by it

same.

I am starting to feel less positive about meeting people from online, although the positive sides of it are that people can immediately understand your personality from reading your words, thoughts,opinions and likes which in real life I'd have more trouble verbalizing. the negative side is that people can hide a lot of sides of themselves online and in real life you can suss people out a lot better.

sites that are setup for dating are a bit of a tricky thing. most regular ones make me feel that I am in some way less of a good catch because of my mental health or because I am not at the same standard of good looking as some of the guys on there. and ones aimed specifically at mental health dating are just dry, no-one really on there.

Marc7

same.

I am starting to feel less positive about meeting people from online, although the positive sides of it are that people can immediately understand your personality from reading your words, thoughts,opinions and likes which in real life I'd have more trouble verbalizing. the negative side is that people can hide a lot of sides of themselves online and in real life you can suss people out a lot better.

sites that are setup for dating are a bit of a tricky thing. most regular ones make me feel that I am in some way less of a good catch because of my mental health or because I am not at the same standard of good looking as some of the guys on there. and ones aimed specifically at mental health dating are just dry, no-one really on there.

i know you didn't know but i didn't meet this person on a online dating website.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

Dave I met my now boyfriend on plenty of fish last October, couldn't be happier.

Same here, met my fiance on match. Though I did have to kiss a lot of frogs, so to speak, so don't let a few (or twenty) bad experiences discourage you.

coyote

i keep toying with the idea of putting a profile on some dating sites simply to share my experiences here - sort of a social experiment

i keep toying with the idea of putting a profile on some dating sites simply to share my experiences here - sort of a social experiment

Interesting idea, you could keep a journal! I hope it's not all in the name of Science though... wouldn't want you breaking any hearts

thegunners21

Meh. They're for good-looking people, which makes sense when a picture is all you have to by. Have had profile up for about a year and I have not received a single message lol.

Ithior

I don't know, it feels weird to me. Never tried one but I think there aren't a lot of people who use dating sites in my city/country so it would be a waste of time to me.