what do you think of dating sites?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Excuse my ignorance.

Why would you create a profile on a dating site if you aren't going to talk when you get a message?

megalon

Excuse my ignorance.

Why would you create a profile on a dating site if you aren't going to talk when you get a message?

That obviously wasn't my intention in the beginning. Perhaps my dating profile has devolved into some kind of... social experiment?:question:

AGR

That obviously wasn't my intention in the beginning. Perhaps my dating profile has devolved into some kind of... social experiment?:question:

it wasnt my intention either,I am just bad at talking with people that I dont know,specially girls that are interested in me,I actually fare much better in real life than online.

Bree1989

I swear by dating sites. My boyfriend of two and a half years and I met on plentyoffish. It's funny, because we both just wanted casual sex but we fell for each other really hard.

I like dating sites because other users can see what you're all about before they even talk to you. In regular dating scenarios, you might waste three months with a guy before finding out that you have completely different core values. But on dating sites, everything is upfront so you can contact only the people you think would work for you. I encourage everyone to give it a shot!

cooandtwo

pfft, you're a girl its different for you, I'm on pof and can go weeks or months without a single reply, from dozens and dozens of messages sent. I've given up on dating sites now.

JohnnAY

I actually just created a profile on zoosk. Going to give online dating another go... Wish me luck! :D

megalon

Huh? What for? :idontknow:
I like to keep track of what kind of girls show interest in my profile, either by visiting or sending a message. Though when I do get a message, I always talk myself out of replying. I think it's because of some subconscious belief that I don't deserve to have anyone care about me. The same reason I push everyone in my life away.

theoutsider

opinions?? who here has tried them and did it work for anyone?

I considered them when I was single, even browsed thru some of them. What I found is that there are too many phonies out there. I mean, people creating false profiles using fake pictures, etc. Dating sites (and the internet as a whole) would be much better if there weren't so many people out there who just want to waste others' time. I think you could find somebody but the search to find someone good would be much more difficult than it should be.

I signed up to a few, had random folk message me rude and disgusting messages that I didn't even bother to reply too. I started talking to a guy and met him from one of the websites and we became friends nothing more, I was too shy and he was looking for someone different but he was a nice guy. I decided to delete all my accounts and gave up hope until one day I was on youtube and a advert came up saying to sign up to this dating site I thought why not? and signed up, I started talking to a guy (who is now my boyfriend) and we met up and things have been great since then and that was back in the start of 2011. So yes most stories are bad but you just got to find that one person....like I did :)

AsTimeBurns

I've never got anywhere with them.

I've had a few conversations with women, but in the end they all just stop responding.

Last few months I haven't even had a single response.

Waste of time really.

Kiwong

Why do people get so obsessed with dating when there is a big wonderful world out their to explore.

AGR

does being male means that you have to pay?
I was getting a lot of views,likes and smiles,but when I actually put contact information,created an e-mail just for this,seems like they dont want to make the first move,some people wont even look at my profile if I only send a smile or like,they must be getting a lot of those so maybe they wont even bother if you dont message them,so do males have to pay to be sucessful?

HHDisturbed

Again, my wife and I (now happily married 11+ years) met though a dating website. We are both educated, have professional careers & kids, had lots in common and were very attracted to one another. We had a perfect first date and both knew it was meant to be. We dated nearly 2 years before getting married.

Prior to meeting my wife, I had met probably a dozen (or more) different women in person via the same dating site. Most were not the match I had hoped for. A few were just a lot of fun but had little substance beyond the bedroom. But none of them had the "complete package" that I was looking for until I met my wife to be. She just shined brighter than all the rest in every way.

Now I never had a problem meeting or talking to women. The internet just made it easier to weed out the bad ones and narrow it down to those who had real possibility. It is a numbers game and I had no intention of settling for less than everything I wanted.