what do you think of dating sites?

Odo

Banned
That's a shame, because I was secretly hoping for a relationship with you. I say the things that no other guy will say, because apparently "the hard truth" is extremely unpopular. (Guess that explains my lack of popularity, then.)

I don't think it's that the hard truth is extremely unpopular so much as it's never a good idea to be that ridiculously forward without being at least 60% sure of how you're going to be received.

Yes, you need to take risks to get what you want... but you also need to be realistic about who you are and how much you know about the other person. If you're just blurting out everything that's on your mind without taking anything else into consideration, it's going to be embarrassing and awkward for everyone involved. That's the difference between Prince Charming and Travis Bickle.

It's not a good idea to paint yourself as a virtuous man in a less than virtuous world before asking yourself if there may in fact be a very good reason for your being received like you are.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
But what to do if you have very few interests, and the ones you do have are things like drawing, watching movies, video games, etc, nothing exciting? I also like to take walks, but that is not much help here.

How is that not exciting? :question:

Silatuyok

Hmmm, good advice. But what to do if you have very few interests, and the ones you do have are things like drawing, watching movies, video games, etc, nothing exciting? I also like to take walks, but that is not much help here.

You could list some quotes from your favorite movies, to see if anyone recognizes them. And you could take pictures on your walks and talk about any interesting things you see or experience. Also, you could always try out a few new interests to see how they suit you. If nothing else it will make for interesting conversation.

Bronson99

I don't think it's that the hard truth is extremely unpopular so much as it's never a good idea to be that ridiculously forward without being at least 60% sure of how you're going to be received.

Yes, you need to take risks to get what you want... but you also need to be realistic about who you are and how much you know about the other person. If you're just blurting out everything that's on your mind without taking anything else into consideration, it's going to be embarrassing and awkward for everyone involved. That's the difference between Prince Charming and Travis Bickle.

It's not a good idea to paint yourself as a virtuous man in a less than virtuous world before asking yourself if there may in fact be a very good reason for your being received like you are.

Well, in a sense, my comment was based on, what guy would not want a relationship with ASM? :applause:

I just kinda felt ballsy when I said that, and knew of course I would not be well received, but said it anyway.

I suppose "the hard truth" that I'm mentioning is that lonely guys want relationships, that's all.

(Or just discount everything I said if it makes no sense. It seems like 50% of the time people can't make heads nor tails of my comments.)

Bronson99

How is that not exciting? :question:

Girls tend to like the multi-faceted guy, the jacks of all trade, the man with goals and ambitions, etc. If you're not that, then you need to be a guy who gets around and does stuff like kayaking, playing in the recreational deck hockey league, goes to the bar or the club, goes to concerts, is (or was) a volunteer fireman, and so on.

In short, girls want someone with energy and someone who goes out and about.

I'm the opposite. Ain't no girl who likes that!

Silatuyok

I'm the opposite. Ain't no girl who likes that!

There are girls who like that. It's just harder to find them, because neither of you are out and about. The only suggestion I can think of to find people who are out of the mainstream is to post an ad on craigslist.

GreyhoundLassie

After a long time of dating ar$eh0les I decided that when I was ready I would try online dating, spoke to a few but nobody really stood out so after a while I thought I'd give it a miss. But then I received an email from someone and after reading it I was in stitches :) He was so funny and different I thought I'd reconsider and start chatting. We spoke online for a month and over that time he confessed he suffered from social anxiety and found certain things really difficult and stressful and also that he'd never been in a relationship before and was still a virgin at the age of 27. This didn't bother me in the slightest and we met up for our first date. I had such a wonderful time! We met up for a few more and became an item :) That was a long time ago now and we are still together. I won't make out that everything is easy, he still has a lot of anxiety issues (thus why I have joined this site to learn more to support him day to day) but we work through them together and I love him to bits.

So my advice who be go for it and keep looking, there is someone for everyone and not all women want the over confident, macho big head that seem to be ever common now!

Last edited:

MikeyC

After a long time of dating ar$eh0les I decided that when I was ready I would try online dating, spoke to a few but nobody really stood out so after a while I thought I'd give it a miss. But then I received an email from someone and after reading it I was in stitches :) He was so funny and different I thought I'd reconsider and start chatting. We spoke online for a month and over that time he confessed he suffered from social anxiety and found certain things really difficult and stressful and also that he'd never been in a relationship before and was still a virgin at the age of 27. This didn't bother me in the slightest and we met up for our first date. I had such a wonderful time! We met up for a few more and became an item :) That was a long time ago now and we are still together. I won't make out that everything is easy, he still has a lot of anxiety issues (thus why I have joined this site to learn more to support him day to day) but we work through them together and I love him to bits.

So my advice who be go for it and keep looking, there is someone for everyone and not all women want the over confident, macho big head that seem to be ever common now!
That's a heart-warming and hopeful story. :thumbup:

AGR

Finally I found a way to pay without a credit card or bank account,maybe my luck will change and I can meet a nice introverted girl.