what do you think of dating sites?

aNOTfox

I've been thinking of this a lot lately, cause I think the chances of meeting someone like me in reality are pretty low. If only I had the guts to put up a profile pic though...

TableFor1

I think dating sites are perfect for us. It gives you a bit of time to get to know someone. I had some very nice dates in the past and one year long relationship. I agree with The Lone Gunman, your profile is key and to pay for the service is really great advice. Just keep is simple and real. Less is more. Give just enough to peak their interest. Good luck in your search!

Dreamseller

I wish that POF would add some features though. It would be great if it let you know if/when someone read a message you sent them, so you know if they aren't replying because they aren't online or because they aren't interested.

I contacted a few girls, and had some conversations but never lasted more than a few days. Not sure if it's because not many people here use it or just girls around 20 don't use online dating much. (It's pretty easy for girls to get a guy at that age in a university town)

Maybe that, or just that I'm too fussy.

TableFor1

I wish that POF would add some features though. It would be great if it let you know if/when someone read a message you sent them, so you know if they aren't replying because they aren't online or because they aren't interested.

I contacted a few girls, and had some conversations but never lasted more than a few days. Not sure if it's because not many people here use it or just girls around 20 don't use online dating much. (It's pretty easy for girls to get a guy at that age in a university town)

Maybe that, or just that I'm too fussy.

You're not fussy... It does take patience for sure. I think they don't have the "read" feature for the users privacy. On the bright side, if the messaging ended after a few days, then is no time wasted on your part. Hey, there could be someone better around the corner :)

Dennis1980

I've been part of a few dating web sites (OKC, PoF) over the years, and never even been on a date.
I rarely get anyone who writes to me back, much less anybody who shows interest in me. Sigh. I guess I am hideous and uninteresting. Whatever. I knew that before signing up to those sites.

ImNotMyIllness

Hang on I'll just check....

forever-alone_o_417165.png

That's everyday for me. lol

I've tried it.

A few months ago, a guy I was talking to had met me in person. We hit it off, spent a lot of time together, two days later he decided he had no interest in me. Why, I don't know, but I shrugged it off after of course having an awesome self esteem hit.

My point is though, maybe he had an idea about me before we met, and that was broken upon spending two days with me? It's a suggestion.

Fact is, when we SEE and HEAR and talk to or type to people online, we create impressions of them, whether or not that impression is accurate only gets found out after you meet a person.

If you do ever try a dating website, be as real as possible. Don't hide being weird angled photos that hide 200 pounds or use photoshop to cover up a scar of pimple. Don't avoid being you, being goofy, or weird, whatever you may be. Stay you, and 9 times out of 10, yeah, you wont be liked. **** happens, move on.

It's a gamble, just like real life. GG

ImNotMyIllness

It was his way of saying I have no cleavage, just 2 lumps with the grand canyon between them

As far as the implants go, I would be happy just looking average, not huge and fake. Being a plus sizer and an a cup sucks big time, clothing never looks right.

And to have 2 in a row make a big deal out of it, well that is 100% for me so by that conclusion all will find me lacking in that department.

OMG! You've met some real jacka**es! ...where do these guys come from?! Seriously, most men aren't like that. You can also put it on your profile to weed out the man-childs who are still looking to be breast feed.

Also, being on the thinner side will give you a more athletic appearance, which many guys like. That being said, a lot of guys like plus size girls regardless of breast size.

InvisaLady

OMG! You've met some real jacka**es! ...where do these guys come from?! Seriously, most men aren't like that. You can also put it on your profile to weed out the man-childs who are still looking to be breast feed.

Also, being on the thinner side will give you a more athletic appearance, which many guys like. That being said, a lot of guys like plus size girls regardless of breast size.

To answer your question , Madison WI.
My photos show that I have none so I'm not sure how they would think that they would magically appear.
I have been trying to lose weight but I'm up to working out 2 hours a day 7 days a week, still 40 pounds overweight and not dropping any. The only thing I have found that works for me to lose weight is starvation and I just don't have the willpower to keep that up.
Real problem is the only men who show any interest in me are morbidly obese and bearded and that makes me want to vomit, or worse yet they want or have kids.

I found my perfect match but it ends up he is an ass hole too.

ImNotMyIllness

To answer your question , Madison WI.
My photos show that I have none so I'm not sure how they would think that they would magically appear.
I have been trying to lose weight but I'm up to working out 2 hours a day 7 days a week, still 40 pounds overweight and not dropping any. The only thing I have found that works for me to lose weight is starvation and I just don't have the willpower to keep that up.
Real problem is the only men who show any interest in me are morbidly obese and bearded and that makes me want to vomit, or worse yet they want or have kids.

I found my perfect match but it ends up he is an ass hole too.

Well. Don't lose hope. I'm a good 30lbs overweight. My biggest problem is calorie consumption. I find going to the gym makes me eat even more. Food has become my crutch. Don't starve yourself but lowering your calorie intake is key.

You've had some bad experience. There are men who will accept you as you are. Hang in there and keep trying.

Dennis1980

Well. Don't lose hope. I'm a good 30lbs overweight. My biggest problem is calorie consumption. I find going to the gym makes me eat even more. Food has become my crutch. Don't starve yourself but lowering your calorie intake is key.

You've had some bad experience. There are men who will accept you as you are. Hang in there and keep trying.

I started working out in the summer of 2011, lost some weight, but then I went on vacation in December of that year. Ever since coming back, I was working out less and less.
I then moved to a condo in November, and it has a small gym; I've been there 3 times. I feel so lame for not using it.

InvisaLady

I can't lower it any further. I'm already down to only 1,300 per day. Still no loss in over 6 months of this crap.

Yes and the few who find me attractive, I find to be hideous and worse yet boring as a bucket of rocks.

Flanscho

Most are crap, a few ones are good. I like okcupid. Had many interesting conversations there, met a couple of great people from there in person, and a few friendships with people from there are already lasting several years.

AGR

uh I cant deal when someone shows interest in me :idontknow:,I just go away from the site and keep thinking about a lot of stuff,just today I had someone do it and I keep thinking weird stuff,didnt login since,she looks like a nice person,attractive and etc,I wouldnt like her to think that I didnt like her.

One positive point is that I actually got through the barrir and showed someone that I was interested,she has not been on the site for 9 months,but I hoped if she saw the email notification she would come back,but still nothing....:sad:

megalon

uh I cant deal when someone shows interest in me :idontknow:,I just go away from the site and keep thinking about a lot of stuff,just today I had someone do it and I keep thinking weird stuff,didnt login since,she looks like a nice person,attractive and etc,I wouldnt like her to think that I didnt like her.

I think I know what you mean. On the very rare occasions when I get a message, I get really anxious about replying. In my head I go back and forth between "I'm going to respond" and "She deserves better than I can provide, so I won't waste any of her time." I just keep putting off writing my response until it's too late.