What does your username mean?

Section_31

me, because ive felt so alone for most of my life.

Growing up, i pretty much raised myself. Mom was gone, dads job took him away alot, i foudn myself making my own dinner at 7, i was a latch-key kid. He did the best he could for me though, and i love him for that.

I also had no friends at all, and whenever i got scared being home alone id watch clint eastwood movies, and somehow i always felt safe while doing so. Its silly, but seeing the "man with no name" and what he'd face alot of the time made me feel braver. I wanted to be like that. Not emotionless, but in emotional control.

So, i decided i also didnt want to steal that name, "man with no name" so i created mine :).

I chose the name Angel13 because:

I find angels fascinating in every form: fallen angel, guard angel, angels of God etc. I find them beautiful and pure.
The number 13 is my favorite number. Friday the 13th is always a lucky day for me.

Last edited:

doubtmyself

Banned
In pre Prussian folklore, "doubt" was the son of the God"myself" who wanted to get married to "unsure", daughter of the Godess "of herself"
It was a marriage maid in heaven..:)

Shyangel

My name doesn't have much meaning.
but....

The word "Angel" in my name represents what I like to think my personality is without anxiety. I think I might have a lot to offer someone and could maybe be some what of an "Angel" If it weren't for my anxiety, depression.

she1slander

My username comes from my 3 various associations with the word "island":

1) I was born in one of the most populated islands in the southern region of my country.
2) a line from that movie with Hugh Grant, About a Boy, where he says: "Every man is an island."
3) a painting of mine done many years ago called "The Flower Island" inspired me to replace the i with 1 based on the concept I developed behind the painting, which is: that whatever is grown in an isolated place and is partly surrounded by water, despite its physical attachment is emotionally detached. Thus it is called an "island"... in a figurative sense. lol I was deeply troubled at that time but it's the painting I'm most proud of. :)

cowboyup

I think I was smoking something when I created mine.

seriously, it was an influence of the guy I was working for - a talent agent and also a "real" cowboy. He wrote the book Gold Buckle Dreams. He used the saying, "cowboy up" whenever someone had a problem.

gustavofring

It's a character from the series "Breaking Bad" which I really like.

I think people here assume I'm a Spanish guy judging from my name because they don't know the show haha. I'm 100 % Dutch.

xDreamseller

Dreamseller - aka "Brandon Novak", recovering heroin addict and close friend of Bam Margera. (Guy from CKY and Jackass videos)

I don't know why, but I like the guy. I think it's just his voice and his image. (No homo...) I wish I could look like that, minus the whole heroin thing. Plus, I freaking love American accents. I could date a much less physically attractive girl, if she had an American accent. (As long as she isn't a redneck or something of course!)

Hoppy

"Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes, sir, yes, sir,
Three bags full;
One for the master,
And one for the dame,
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane."

Flanscho

Nothing.

I got a dozen usernames on the web. I don't like to be tracked easily. When, at my job, my boss found out about those search engines that collect information about people online, and he found it being very accurate when searching stuff about him or my coworkers, I was pleased to see that it yielded about no results about me.

So for the names, I normally just pick what I can think about at random at this very moment.

xDreamseller

Nothing.

I got a dozen usernames on the web. I don't like to be tracked easily. When, at my job, my boss found out about those search engines that collect information about people online, and he found it being very accurate when searching stuff about him or my coworkers, I was pleased to see that it yielded about no results about me.

So for the names, I normally just pick what I can think about at random at this very moment.

That's a good idea. I might start doing that. Once I'm done with university I will be looking for a career relating to computer science. (Fingers crossed google or microsoft will be hiring still by then) Those big companies like to do odd checks like that, or so I've been told.

I put it in another thread, but...

My username is pronounced "opahlynn" and is a synonym for "opalescent", which means something that displays radiant colors, like an opal. Opal is my birthstone, so I thought it was fitting.

opal.jpg

Last edited:

chibiXphantom

chibi - short, cute, adorable anime character
phantom - ghost, spirit. i like ghosts

phantom sounded better than ghost though so i went with chibixphantom

It is an abbreviation of my actual name...I lack imagination ha. Originally my username was need_to_get_out_more but everybody complained it was too long.