Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

^ Thursday and Friday were pretty good for me. Then yesterday I kinda felt how I was on Tuesday, really nauseous, tired, my neck hurt so bad I could hardly move it, and kept getting awful headaches. Feeling much better again today though. :)
I'm glad you're feeling better now. :)

Just having everything about post secondary education forced down my throat constantly along with having heaps of work I have to do is whats stressing me out.
Hmm, yeah, that'll do it. School can be a stressful time for more than one reason, and it's exacerbated if you're already anxious. It will all be over before you know it (seriously, I've been out of school for 9 years and it dragged when I was there, so time does fly), so you've got plenty of rest time coming up.

God, I could use a hug right about now. I feel so internally stressed and overwhelmed, and the worst part is that I don't really have anyone to turn to in these times.
*hug*

What's stressing you?

Last edited:

Sartana

I got more compliments in a club last night than I ever have in my whole life, and for once it wasn't sleazy come-ons. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I had a hard time turning down free drinks though. Is it rude to turn down a drink if a stranger offers you one? I told them they didn't have to do that and thanked them anyway, but I wonder if that was still rude?

I always get caught offguard when complimented and don't quite know how to react.

DeadmanWalking

I got more compliments in a club last night than I ever have in my whole life, and for once it wasn't sleazy come-ons. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I had a hard time turning down free drinks though. Is it rude to turn down a drink if a stranger offers you one? I told them they didn't have to do that and thanked them anyway, but I wonder if that was still rude?

I always get caught offguard when complimented and don't quite know how to react.

Congrats:)! And I wouldn't say it's rude. Turning down a drink is like turning down anything else: if you don't want it, then you don't have to accept it.

Shyangel

Have fun both of you & Be safe! Don't talk to creepy strangers! I'm jealous I need to travel somewhere ::p:

There were alot of creepy strangers to talk to, I promise you. I had to be on my guard. I had fun, though. I met alot of cool people I might be hanging out with in the future. The trip was a success. I think I might have spoken to more people at this con then I had my whole life.

@Drummer.

Thanks, man! I had a great time. I hope your trip is going/ went awesomely as well.

Iluv

There were alot of creepy strangers to talk to, I promise you. I had to be on my guard. I had fun, though. I met alot of cool people I might be hanging out with in the future. The trip was a success. I think I might have spoken to more people at this con then I had my whole life.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Sounds super awesome. :)

For what I know, nowadays I'm not inspiring a single feeling to anyone (no I don't count my mom because, well, she pretty much does it instinctively), and that is a very, very saddening thought.

MsBuzzkillington

I met this guy awhile back from online and we sort of kept in touch here and there over the past few months. His sister and I used to go hiking all the time but we haven't in awhile. They asked if I would watch their dog when they went out of town. I said yes, but only because after my lease is up they are going to let me sleep on their couch for a couple weeks until school is out. They are doing me a huge favor by letting me stay there, because I have no where else.

But I really, really, really times 10000000 don't want to watch their dog. I have watched him before and it sucked. I don't want to do it. Blaaah.

this_portrait

I really need to find a hair product that protects against humidity, because then I wouldn't become slightly annoyed every time I go outside, particularly in the spring/summer.

Phoenixx

I really need to find a hair product that protects against humidity, because then I wouldn't become slightly annoyed every time I go outside, particularly in the spring/summer.
^ Let me know if you find anything. So far the best I've found for my hair is Tresemee Climate Control mousse. It's nice, but it's not perfect. I'd still like something better. My hair is curly so it poofs like crazy on those humid days.

MrJones

Happy birthday, mom!
Enjoy your flowers and cakes!

I'll try to be a better daughter/unicorn.
Is it bad that I still smile everytime I hear the unicorn metaphor? :)

Hope your mother is enjoying the day!

Btw as far as I know, you're a great daughter, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

MollyBeGood

God my life sux.

my brother just emailed me from a Caribbean cruise ship where he and his wife are key note speakers and everyone wants to get their photo taken with them.

I feel like a looser.

Last edited:

this_portrait

^ Let me know if you find anything. So far the best I've found for my hair is Tresemee Climate Control mousse. It's nice, but it's not perfect. I'd still like something better. My hair is curly so it poofs like crazy on those humid days.

Just got John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier spray. I've been using the heat protecting serum from the same brand (I flat-iron my hair) for a while now, and I'm pretty satisfied with that, so it's possible this stuff might work. My hair is naturally fine and straight, but I think I'm still growing out a perm I had over 2 years ago, because the ends still get all frizzy and wavy-ish.

Just impulse bought a laptop.

The money I saved the last 2-3 months or so was originally meant for Oxford dictionaries, that was until I found out this morning they only accept credit card payments. :C

No matter, when I think about it, I actually wanted to get a laptop for some time now, and the dictionaries will still be there in 5 years or so.

MrJones

狼;586890 said:
God my life sux.

my brother just emailed me from a Caribbean cruise ship where he and his wife are key note speakers and everyone wants to get their photo taken with them.

I feel like a looser.
You are not a loser. You are trying to live the life you want. Believe me, comparing yourself to others never helps, I do that too.

*hug*

I hope you feel better soon, you deserve it.