Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

I don't understand why some online stores refuse to implement PayPal as a payment option. The Android app market (Or Google Play, as of late) is no exception. I would've made dozens and dozens of small purchases there if it weren't impossible for me to do so. I don't have, nor do I have a viable need for, a credit card.

As if they don't want the business or something.
PayPal should always be an option online these days. It's unfortunate.

PayPal should always be an option online these days. It's unfortunate.

I know, right? PayPal is by far the flexible option. It's free to set up, has multi-payment options (bank transfers AND/OR credit card), payments are direct with mere minutes delay (at most), and internationally is usable.

Not having the option on the exact kinds of sites the service for made for is kinda ridicules.

MikeyC

I know, right? PayPal is by far the flexible option. It's free to set up, has multi-payment options (bank transfers AND/OR credit card), payments are direct with mere minutes delay (at most), and internationally is usable.

Not having the option on the exact kinds of sites the service for made for is kinda ridicules.
Agreed with you on all points. PayPal is a great invention (even if we do get a little gypped with currency conversions) so it's best to use it all the time. It's my payment of choice when purchasing overseas, by far.

Agreed with you on all points. PayPal is a great invention (even if we do get a little gypped with currency conversions) so it's best to use it all the time. It's my payment of choice when purchasing overseas, by far.

Mine too. Physical things can be expensive due to shipping, but I've bought tons of games through Steam and various bits of software not available where I live. Not to mention it allowed me rent a server from a overseas provider pain-free for over a year now, that would've been impossible were it not for PayPal.

AsTimeBurns

Paypal is basically a scam. If you read their terms and conditions, they have the right (and frequently use it) to freeze any money in your account and never let you access it again. They've done it to me (albeit with a small amount) and they've done it to others with thousands in their accounts, ruining their businesses. Their customer support is basically non-existent and once they decide to take your money, it's impossible to get a real person to actually explain to you why or do anything about it.

Avoid them like the plague is my advice.

Iluv

Paypal is basically a scam. If you read their terms and conditions, they have the right (and frequently use it) to freeze any money in your account and never let you access it again. They've done it to me (albeit with a small amount) and they've done it to others with thousands in their accounts, ruining their businesses. Their customer support is basically non-existent and once they decide to take your money, it's impossible to get a real person to actually explain to you why or do anything about it.

:eek: !
Do you mean the account as in the credit you add in to the paypal website or the bank account connected to your paypal?

AsTimeBurns

:eek: !
Do you mean the account as in the credit you add in to the paypal website or the bank account connected to your paypal?

The paypal account and any money you have in it. With me they also took money out of my bank account which was associated with it without my permission and wouldn't give it back. And because my account was frozen, there was no way to remove my card/bank details from them either.

Though, avoiding it is rather difficult when it's literally the only option without getting a credit card I'd rarely use. With that said, I wouldn't trust them with bigger amounts (other then a certified bank, I trust no service service).

I personally have never had a problem with it.

Invisibleman

I dont know why I have this stupid way of thinking. Theres times like now where im feeling happier than usual but I dont know why,then my anxiety kicks in and thinks that I cant be happy for no reason and I start to worry and feel sad again. I hate this.

twiggle

I dont know why I have this stupid way of thinking. Theres times like now where im feeling happier than usual but I dont know why,then my anxiety kicks in and thinks that I cant be happy for no reason and I start to worry and feel sad again. I hate this.

It's that voice isn't it. The one that only ever has negative things to say. I get it too. You just have to defy it and enjoy the happy feeling whilst it lasts. Otherwise that voice becomes like some kind of superstition and the longer you listen to it, the harder it will be to ignore it.

Invisibleman

It's that voice isn't it. The one that only ever has negative things to say. I get it too. You just have to defy it and enjoy the happy feeling whilst it lasts. Otherwise that voice becomes like some kind of superstition and the longer you listen to it, the harder it will be to ignore it.

Too late I already feel sad,but then I laugh because im so sad,then im sad again,then I laugh again and its a viscious circle::p:

Phoenixx

Today is my cousin's birthday and St. Patrick's Day, so she and my mom plan on going out later to party at a friend's house and want me to tag along, and also want my brother to be their DD. He's on the fence about it because he's afraid of seeing a certain person there (some guy who managed to screw him over about a year ago and they got in a huge argument I guess over money). I really want the house to myself tonight, but now I'm pretty nervous that I'm going to get dragged along just so I can drive their drunk butts home late tonight.

Bleh, I'm not in the mood for this.

MikeyC

Ah, I know what you mean. Like you don't deserve to be happy? I get that, too. The mind at work trying to sabotage our own happiness. Sorry you feel that way, dude.

Today is my cousin's birthday and St. Patrick's Day, so she and my mom plan on going out later to party at a friend's house and want me to tag along, and also want my brother to be their DD. He's on the fence about it because he's afraid of seeing a certain person there (some guy who managed to screw him over about a year ago and they got in a huge argument I guess over money). I really want the house to myself tonight, but now I'm pretty nervous that I'm going to get dragged along just so I can drive their drunk butts home late tonight.

Bleh, I'm not in the mood for this.
When is anyone in the mood to have a bunch of rowdy, drunk people in their car while you're trying to drive? I've had to drive drunk people home many times in the past, and a few times I've been nervous that they're going to vomit all over the inside of it. If you do get dragged along to it, make specific rules that you're going to drive people home at such-and-such time, no exceptions. If you're the driver, you get to choose when to leave. Good luck.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

When is anyone in the mood to have a bunch of rowdy, drunk people in their car while you're trying to drive? I've had to drive drunk people home many times in the past, and a few times I've been nervous that they're going to vomit all over the inside of it. If you do get dragged along to it, make specific rules that you're going to drive people home at such-and-such time, no exceptions. If you're the driver, you get to choose when to leave. Good luck.
^ Yeah, I don't see how anyone could stand doing that. Good news though, looks like I am home alone tonight. Yess! :D

MikeyC

I've seen that movie so many times it's crazy! One more time can't hurt though. Thanks for your suggestion Mikey :)
Oh, really? I've seen it once and I LOVED it. One of the best movies of 2011. I hope you enjoy your time over there and it's not too awkward for you. I understand how that can be but when there's a gripping movie to keep you both focused on, it gets a little easier.

^ Yeah, I don't see how anyone could stand doing that. Good news though, looks like I am home alone tonight. Yess! :D
That's fantastic! I hope you enjoy your "me" time.

Party at Phoenixx's house!!
Good idea! I'll bring all my friends!

friends-series-01-to-10-box-set-236465885.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

This has chair has NO butt-grip what so ever. I keep sliding forwards milimeters at a time, it freaking me out.

Stop being such a prude, you stupid chair, you're amongst the only household items that is designed to grip those areas.

In all seriousness, it's actually making me extremely uncomfortable. It's ticking me off quite badly.