Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Odo

Banned
I just realized that whenever we finally do get uber realistic robots that are practically human in every single way and are interested in relationships, they'll probably also eventually get to the point where they know they can do a lot better than someone like me... even if they are sort of engineered to serve.

Oh god, they'll probably just start dating other robots... and all of the rejected humans will have to go back to dating other humans. But then they still won't want to date me.

Still, at least in that brief time period a lot of other people will know how it feels to be me.

Therefore, I am happy.

MollyBeGood

I just realized that whenever we finally do get uber realistic robots that are practically human in every single way and are interested in relationships, they'll probably also eventually get to the point where they know they can do a lot better than someone like me... even if they are sort of engineered to serve.

Oh god, they'll probably just start dating other robots... and all of the rejected humans will have to go back to dating other humans. But then they still won't want to date me.

Still, at least in that brief time period a lot of other people will know how it feels to be me.

Therefore, I am happy.

LOL :thumbup:

8awx.jpg

Got some string the other day. Celebrated by posing Iron Man in a suspended pose. :)

Kiwong

According to the anthropologist Robert Sussman, humans evolved not as hunters – as we like to imagine – but as prey, easy meat for wild dogs, *crocodiles and hyenas. We became "social animals", as biologists describe us, not to catch dinner, but to avoid *becoming it – out of fear, in other words. Perhaps that fear still marks us, and perhaps that's why we still feel uneasy when there's no one around to watch our backs.

The joys of solitude | Life and style | The Guardian

I found this interesting. Perhaps those seeking and enjoying solitude are those who realise that this fear is no longer real, and that being "social animals" is not necessary for our survival.

Last edited:

Ithior

Ordered volumes 2 to 4 of a novel I've been reading. Hopefully they'll be able to deliver everything, I don't want to wait 15 days to find out I'm only getting volume 3 and/or 4.

Last time I ordered the first volume of this novel and two other books and they weren't able to get the last two.

Looks like I'll be receiving all them, nice.

Flanscho

Today it's my birthday. Normally I visit my family on my birthday, but I have no time this year. So I will go to a restaurant with three friends of mine. On the one hand I'm in a very good mood. My job is fine, I will spend time with friends this evening, I'm healthy. And yet... Somewhere deep down, I feel sad. Not sure why.

coyote

According to the anthropologist Robert Sussman, humans evolved not as hunters – as we like to imagine – but as prey, easy meat for wild dogs, *crocodiles and hyenas. We became "social animals", as biologists describe us, not to catch dinner, but to avoid *becoming it – out of fear, in other words. Perhaps that fear still marks us, and perhaps that's why we still feel uneasy when there's no one around to watch our backs.

I found this interesting. Perhaps those seeking and enjoying solitude are those who realise that this fear is no longer real, and that being "social animals" is not necessary for our survival.

love this :thumbup:

jaim38

That's true. I would also like to add that this fear till persists. Being social animals is still necessary for survival: think about playground bullies, workplace bullies, politics, wars, etc. People still form groups because they realize there is strength in numbers. It's true we are no longer hunted by wild animals like hyenas and crocs. Now, humans have come to "hunt" each other, and by this I don't just mean cannibalism (which still exists in some parts of the world).

I enjoy solitude at home, but as soon as I step in public, I feel vulnerable. It's a bit scary going out by myself. I feel better if I am accompanied by 1 or more people.

Flanscho

The iranian restaurant we went to was awesome. The food was sooooooooooooo tasty. As drinks one of us had some vinegar-cucumber drink with sugar. I couldn't believe that something like that would taste good, but it did. I had some yoghourt peppermint drink, and some black tea afterwards. The waiter was also very nice and polite. When we asked what certain spices were (it turned out to be tanner's sumach) he first tried to explain it, and then handed us some printed out Wikipedia sheets they had ready for such questions. ^^

We chose two appetizer plates that had a little bit of each appetizer they offer, and the waiter was like "we recommend trying that sauce there with the grilled eggplant, the other sauce here with the wild garlic vegetables there, that one with the spinach-omelette", etcetc. Or at the main menu, he was like "it's custom to remove the peel of the tomato, then mix it into the saffron rice with some butter, add these spices as you like and if you want, we also have onions as well". Damn that was sooo tasty... The prices were fine too, but with four people all that added up to about 150$. Since none of us has much money, I paid half of it.
As birthday presents I got chocolates, japanese mountain grass and some red somethingsomething grass, both for my balcony.

Phoenixx

Today it's my birthday.
^ Happy (belated?) birthday!

My laptop is running a little too warm again. It's due for another physical cleaning. Firefox is also being cruddy tonight and has froze on me three times so far within the last 20 mins. I could go back to Chrome, but I haven't tried that in a while. The last time I was using it, it never got along with Tumblr and a couple other sites which is why I switched to begin with. Firefox always seems to run good for me for a little while and then out of no where starts acting buggy and I get tired of having to reinstall. I even went out of my way and downloaded the NoScript add-on a couple months ago because it kept freezing with Tumblr and other sites running scripts. It was doing fairly good so far, but still froze every now and then. Plus it's annoying having to choose which sites to block scripts and allow. Ugh... It's such a hassle, I don't even know what else to do other than look into a brand new browser. :thumbdown:

Kiwong

That's true. I would also like to add that this fear till persists. Being social animals is still necessary for survival: think about playground bullies, workplace bullies, politics, wars, etc. People still form groups because they realize there is strength in numbers. It's true we are no longer hunted by wild animals like hyenas and crocs. Now, humans have come to "hunt" each other, and by this I don't just mean cannibalism (which still exists in some parts of the world).

I enjoy solitude at home, but as soon as I step in public, I feel vulnerable. It's a bit scary going out by myself. I feel better if I am accompanied by 1 or more people.

I agree Jaim. It can also be a reason that humans are now the main animal to be feared, and those seeking solitude recognise the dysfunction of human interaction and choose to withdraw from that.

I like to go to places where are there no people, a deserted beach, a walking trail, when there are people are around it spoils the experience for me.

Trishanku

Feels like my senses(including the mind) have become dull staying indoors for most of the time. Today early morning I had been for a walk, I hit this scenic trail around the hill that's near our city. I felt so alive and the mood in particular was so light and energetic. as soon as I got home and had a bath and everythinng I feel dull, It could also be for the reason that i have nothing to look forward to for the day expect for calling my therapist for an appointment later in the afternoon may be.

I've been wanting to take a road trip. eve discussed it with my therapist. A change in environment, out of comfort zone. The reality of being in a unfamiliar place kicks up the senses and puts them on such high alert feels like you are alive and in a survival mode. I so want to feel such exhilaration and liveliness. I want to feel alive. another Important thing that's buzzing in my head is the practice of simple truth! what could be called assertiveness, I am always stuck between being polite and standing up for myself. The middle ground between being polite and respecting my own self seems to be this near magical place which I only hear of other people being there and even see people be there but I never find my way there.