Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Flanscho

Feels like my senses(including the mind) have become dull staying indoors for most of the time.

I agree. During the time I was looking for work, I spent most time indoors. Well, or in my flat. Now I spend most time indoors too, but sometimes at the work place, sometimes at my home, sometimes at friends. It's true that spending all the time in the same house/flat will make you apathetic and lethargic, in my opinion. When I left my flat after a longer time, I always wondered about the vividness of everything.

Staying at home all the time is like being wrapped in a blanked from head to toe. It might be warm and cuddly, but all your senses get dulled and dampened and you can barely do anything.

It's weird how we describe something useless as ''pointless''. Is that a faded reference to a weapon without edge or 'point'?

If so, the word is a bit morbid.

''That's pointless - I can't stab anything with that!''

Flanscho

Yesterday on my birthday I got three plants from friends, who know that I want to have more stuff on my balcony. With those, I got now five different types of grass on my balcony, and two different types of fern (most of those plants as pairs). :D

greenbalcony.png

jaim38

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I had a light-bulb moment yesterday. Finally figured out the exact reason why my brain developed the bad habit of automatically thinking that everyone that I meet are always better, and more worthy then me. Any progress, however small, is worth celebrating.:thumbup:
I feel like a plumber who has just pinpointed exactly where one of the many blockages in the pipe is. :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
BBC News - Syria chemical weapons monitors win Nobel Peace Prize

^The Russians were so close to winning! Not that they'll ever win because they're communist?

To be fair it would be crazy to give Putin a peace prize the guy is a psycho haha, I think they should have give it to the Pakistani girl although I think it has lost a lot of credibility anyway they gave it to Obama last year, they gave it to Henry Kissinger one year also.

That Pakistani lassie that got shot by the Taliban? Oh, definitely agree wi' ye there. Though, givin' Obama the Nobel Peace Prize durin' war is ironic more than anythin' else.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Just got back fae seein' Russell Brand doin' live stand-up comedy. Best experience I've had a comedy gig in long time. So underrated, quick-witted and so articulate. He's like the British comedy equivalent of Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce or George Carlin, mainly because Brand's comedic style is very similar. And the audience interaction was great, too. Because so many stand-up comedians nowadays huv such as passive, indifferent relationship with their audience.

Kiwong

There is pleasure in the pathless woods
There is rapture in the lonely shore
There is society where no one intrudes
By the deep sea and music in its roar
I love man not the less, but nature more

George Gordon Byron

A_Void_Ant

It's hard not to absorb her warmth, but I'm very, very confused as to her intentions. What is it she wants from me? I know what I want from her, but it can't happen. I made up my mind a long time ago that I love her. Then again, I just listen to my heart. She's the one who needs to make the choice, not me. I mean, I'm flattered and all, but facts are facts, and she has someone. Does she think I'm going to let her make a huge mistake by giving in without giving it all? I just don't trust it. Plain and simple. She'll drop me again like she has numerous times. My heart has built up it's defenses now and they're stronger than ever. Until she's completely free I won't budge. I won't budge. I can only watch the beauty (and the pain) from a distance, as I have for some time now.

Trishanku

Yesterday on my birthday I got three plants from friends, who know that I want to have more stuff on my balcony. With those, I got now five different types of grass on my balcony, and two different types of fern (most of those plants as pairs). :D

greenbalcony.png

Belated Happy Birthday! cheers :)

“When someone else accepts you, that’s when you begin to see yourself through their eyes. And you begin to realize that there may actually be many qualities to like about yourself.” ~ Natsuki Takaya