Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MMGiru

Oh hey: storm took out the power. I suppose a 'thank you' to the cellphone network is in order is in order, for allowing me to retain the ability to post as much.

On a more social phobic note: I was just on Omegle for the first time. Seems to primarily be cam folk and bots, or some combination thereof. I did text-only, despite having a cam myself. Found two conversations out of about 50 attempts.

Ithior

Why the hell are so many family members (close and distant) liking some random photo on facebook of my class (and my sister's since we were on the same class) when I was 8 years old?

It feels very weird and suspicious.

Srijita52

Why the hell are so many family members (close and distant) liking some random photo on facebook of my class (and my sister's since we were on the same class) when I was 8 years old?

It feels very weird and suspicious.

Not sure if it happens with everyone but I've noticed if one or two people like some random photo, suddenly everyone starts liking it. Weird, its probably because of the notifications.

GhastlyCC

It's stupid how despite your best efforts to change yourself as a person,some people just refuse to let you change.
They have this idea of you and it will never change no matter what you do.
You're a certain way for a small portion of the time that they know you and no matter how obviously you've changed in front of them,they will have that original opinion of you till the day they die.

I don't know why I'm letting this bother me so much..
I'm not particularly fond of these people in the first place,so their opinions shouldn't mean much to me.
But being constantly beaten over the head with this negative piece of my past is tiresome.

The only person who was affected negatively in that time of my life was me
so It's not like I did something terrible to these people and I'm just expecting them to forget it.

Last edited:

Ithior

I'm not exactly sure what qualities to put on my résumé. Most if not all of the examples usually given are not exactly applicable to people with social anxiety.

Flanscho

I got two "VIP personal invitation only" tickets for an exhibition of modern art by young artists. I first asked my closest friend, but she is not in this city on those days. I then asked the person I have a crush on, and she was very excited and will join. So that's nice.

Scandic123

I just joined a Facebook group supporting the unification of the Nordic Countries, so now I actually debate with strangers about the subject with my real name. I was slightly nervous while doing it, but I think it will help me become more open.

Last edited:

Quirk87

Banned
I'm not exactly sure what qualities to put on my résumé. Most if not all of the examples usually given are not exactly applicable to people with social anxiety.

Write your resume under the presumption that you do not have social anxiety, even if you do.

Quirk87

Banned
Are people really selfish in general or is it just my experience with them recently?

Most people seem to be motivated by self interest, I think probably because in order to survive (for whatever that might entail) people need to mostly put themselves first. There are many fine examples of non selfish behaviour, but most of us - to some extent, generally behave in varying degrees of making it a priority to looking after themselves first.

Of course, it's always beneficial to consider the feelings and needs of others also.