Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

springk

Thanks loyal. The mail came into my yahoo id ..and i cant find the block option. I can delete it straightaway.

Can i receive email from my own email address?
worried! I saw email in spam that has come from my own email address!! strange how can this happen?

"A common tactic used by spammers to bypass spam filters is to set the From email address in a spam message to be the same as the To email address. Since most spam filters will automatically allow email from known good addresses (i.e. yourself), it's one way they can get through to your INBOX. If you are receiving these types of message, this does not mean that your account has been hacked. It's very easy for spammers to forge email addresses and they do not need to know your password to do it."
https://support.serverlogistics.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=232
If you look at the email header info it should show the actual sender

laure15

BBC News - 'Talking at mealtimes boosts children's confidence'

I came across this article saying children who talked during mealtimes with their families develop more confidence and better communication skills than children who don't. Growing up, I was raised to think that speaking while eating at dinner is rude. I also feared choking if I spoke too much while eating. Sometimes when I chew on food and speak I accidentally spit out particles of food which is embarrassing. Now that I am practicing mindfulness, I try not to multitask too much because it can mess me up. I'm sure there are better ways to improve communication skills and confidence besides speaking and eating at dinner time.

anomicdeer

I feel really proud of myself today.
I am doing great in training.
I got a 100% on the test
and did amazing on my first live call.

anomicdeer

Thanks loyal. The mail came into my yahoo id ..and i cant find the block option. I can delete it straightaway.

Some people are even saying not to use yahoo for important stuff because it will send them spam.

I think people should be able to notice spam. If they don't that is horrible.

Now that I think about it, I made a bad decision giving someone my yahoo email and they aren't very experienced with the computer so I'm ****ed. Unless they are smart enough to know that it could be fake if they get spam from me some how.

Ithior

I'm being forced to do stuff outside almost everyday. My mum always said she didn't want us (my sister and I) having to take care of grandma, that that was something she and her sisters should do.
But with my sister studying abroad, I'm the only one home during the day so I have to watch over my grandma, and when I have to go out I always have to tell my mum beforehand. I feel like I'm being controlled (this way my mum always knows where I am and when, with whom, doing what, etc) and used.

They went to the doctor today and she suggested that she should go for a 5 minute walk outside everyday, and now my mum and aunt are trying to push that onto me. I don't like my grandma (for reasons already mentioned some time ago in this thread) and my pace is pretty high, I can't really walk as slow as her. I would really hate having to do it once, let alone everyday.

I think the best solution is to actually go outside more often and do stuff that I always postpone because I'm procrastinating at home, and at the same time it would tell my mum and aunt that I'm not a freaking nurse.

springk

"A common tactic used by spammers to bypass spam filters is to set the From email address in a spam message to be the same as the To email address. Since most spam filters will automatically allow email from known good addresses (i.e. yourself), it's one way they can get through to your INBOX. If you are receiving these types of message, this does not mean that your account has been hacked. It's very easy for spammers to forge email addresses and they do not need to know your password to do it."
https://support.serverlogistics.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=232
If you look at the email header info it should show the actual sender

Thanks. I have put one filter in my mail though not exactly how the article says as i can't find those options:idontknow: Hope this works.

Comedy Central has been looping literally the same two episodes of Married with Children and Frazier all night yesterday and this entire morning. Spend a lot of time on that lineup there, CC? L.m.a.o.

AGR

So this really,really beautiful girl sends me a message on a dating site,she is a paid member,She asks my e-mail right away, to tell the truth I was surprised someone like her would be Interested in me,smells like a scam,I didn't give her my e-mail,but I gave her my messenger id,could I get in trouble if I gave her my e-mail if she was indeed a scammer?

Ithior

So this really,really beautiful girl sends me a message on a dating site,she is a paid member,She asks my e-mail right away, to tell the truth I was surprised someone like her would be Interested in me,smells like a scam,I didn't give her my e-mail,but I gave her my messenger id,could I get in trouble if I gave her my e-mail if she was indeed a scammer?

I'm not sure, maybe you'd just receive a lot of spam.

Anyway, went to get my degree certificate today (I could have had it sent home by mail but I didn't choose that option to force myself out of the house). After that, I went to the mall to get my sunglasses (finally found ones that sort of fit my face, but had to pay like 40€) and I bought some materials to start a new hobby, papercrafting.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hate the fact that I'm so sensitive. Even the slightest things get to me. Ugh!

Aye, it's no great, is it? Ach! Anyway, ah can relate, Srijita, darlin'. So yer not alone with the slightest thing get tae ya!

Eh, right, random... Ah got sunburned on the back o' ma neck quite badly when ah was out for a wee stroll on Saturday, but me being me... ah didnae notice it until 2 days ago. :eek: :eek:h: Either that or ah've got a high threshold of pain. :sarcastic:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Thank you to my oh great self-proclaimed bilingual country for sending me important official documents to fill-in in english only when this is clearly not my first language. I love you.