Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

Back to working in the public after a really long time doing work with no public and I kinda forgot how I don't like people BUT I survived (week 2) and I am so happy to come home to a peaceful home with my dog and to relax and forget it all. I am not looking forward to this summer with hoards of tourists. However I am soooo glad I got out of being in a damn parade on Sat. Wtf man I didn't sign up for parade duty, that's where I draw the line! Also people complaining about sales tax really makes me want to beat them.

MollyBeGood

Why do women have to be so creepy? Granted it is rarely heard of but surely it is true in some situations.

Not all men are degrading.

Eh sorry...But I feel for her as I have been in many a situation that made me cringe to do w/ the opposite sex being down right horrible.

MollyBeGood

No worries.
Generalizing is never a good thing though.

I generally agree but I don't like the way a majority men treat women, and it is why I avoid things like jogging in public. One time I was sexually assaulted walking down the street so this happening to her really makes me upset-that man was close to hurting her.

Kiwong

I was walking home tonight and some guy pulled up next to me in a car and said, "Nice ass," and some other things I couldn't hear because I had one headphone in. I just frowned at him - I wasn't exactly sure what he said and I didn't want to antagonize him, I was nervous - and he drove away after saying some more things I couldn't hear.

Two minutes later he came back down the other side of the street and said, "Come on, 50 bucks for that ass." I just ignored him while making a phone call and he drove off, but I was pretty damn scared and I felt degraded :sad:

Sorry you had to endure that Opaline. It is a real fear for women joggers.

Kiwong

I generally agree but I don't like the way a majority men treat women, and it is why I avoid things like jogging in public. One time I was sexually assaulted walking down the street so this happening to her really makes me upset-that man was close to hurting her.

That's horrible you were assaulted, April Snow.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I was walking home tonight and some guy pulled up next to me in a car and said, "Nice ass," and some other things I couldn't hear because I had one headphone in. I just frowned at him - I wasn't exactly sure what he said and I didn't want to antagonize him, I was nervous - and he drove away after saying some more things I couldn't hear.

Two minutes later he came back down the other side of the street and said, "Come on, 50 bucks for that ass." I just ignored him while making a phone call and he drove off, but I was pretty damn scared and I felt degraded :sad:
I'm sorry, Opal.

Ithior

I was going to make a plan for the next weeks until my exams are over.
I went to this website and the first thing I had to do was write down how much time I spent on the usual categories (classes, eating, transportation, sleep, etc). After filling up every space except studying and relaxing, I noticed I had, during the week, about 6.5 to 7 hours of free time a week. Considering I don't study much, I would say that most days those 7 hours are spent on relaxing. I always thought I procrastinated a lot but seeing how much it actually amounts to felt like a shock. Even more when I know that most of those 7 hours are uninterrupted.
I should really find a place outside where I can study and only come to my room when all the studying is done.

hoddesdon

Have you considered calling the police.

GraybeardGhost

Waiting for the bug man. Can't eat until he's come and gone. Can't do anything. I understand the necessity, but I still resent these quarterly intrusions. Sweeping, vacuuming, tidying. Trying to make my place (and myself) presentable. Take down the curtain from the mirror. Wash a few dishes, hide the rest in the oven. Wipe away the crud from the stovetop.

Nice fellow, Bug Man. Friendly, efficient. He's in, he's out: two minutes, tops. Much ado about nothing, really. Why do I care what this guy thinks? Why do I care what anyone thinks?

I'm a flea market guy: I want to buy, I want to sell. I want to be out there in the sunlight and dust, but I cower at home in the dark. People. Out there. Why do I care what they think?

A pretty girl with auburn hair and a Boston Terrier appears below my balcony in the morning as I sit there watching birds. She doesn't seem to know I'm there. What would she think if she happened to glance up my way?

The shabby Goodwill clothes: He looks like a hobo!
The scruffy crazy-old-man beard: He looks like a terrorist!
The Spots: He looks like . . . My God, what is that horrible thing?!

Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe she's as sweet as she appears. Maybe not.

People. Out there. In my head.

Why do I care what they think?
Why must I care what they think?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
So while watching something about the first book of a series, I glanced down at the comments slightly and the top comment was a spoiler for the last book in the series.

I'm not very happy about it.

Ithior

So while watching something about the first book of a series, I glanced down at the comments slightly and the top comment was a spoiler for the last book in the series.

I know how you feel. There's this show that started airing some weeks ago. I was going through some threads at a forum that usually discusses episodes of several other shows as they air. In the threads about the show I was watching people started telling spoilers from the source material, eventually it spread and those spoilers could be found in unrelated threads, as the first comment on a thread about that show, etc.
It really ruins the element of surprise. Well, now I'm going through the source material myself to avoid further spoilers, though I prefer the TV adaptation.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I know how you feel. There's this show that started airing some weeks ago. I was going through some threads at a forum that usually discusses episodes of several other shows as they air. In the threads about the show I was watching people started telling spoilers from the source material, eventually it spread and those spoilers could be found in unrelated threads, as the first comment on a thread about that show, etc.
It really ruins the element of surprise. Well, now I'm going through the source material myself to avoid further spoilers, though I prefer the TV adaptation.

Yeah, it really does ruin that element of surprise, a lot of times when I get spoilers it ruins the whole experience and makes me not want to even read/watch a story. People should know by now to make spoilers more abundantly clear! (also I supposed I should be more wary of the internet knowing spoilers are everywhere)

Phoenixx

^ Does this have anything to do with The Hunger Games?

I almost always try my best to resist the urge to even look at anything on the internet pertaining to a series I'm beginning or not finished with yet, whether they're books or shows or even movies. There are so many spoilers out there and it's so easy to come across them. Tumblr is the worst, even if you do have Savior enabled to blacklist tags.

I just realized today that the course I'm taking soon for my upcoming summer semester at college is only 4 days a week and not 5 like I originally thought. I made this schedule months ago and I'm just realizing this. :eek:h:

MikeyC

I almost always try my best to resist the urge to even look at anything on the internet pertaining to a series I'm beginning or not finished with yet, whether they're books or shows or even movies.
I am the same, and I'm sure both of us are not the only two that do this. I even go so far as to tune out half-way through a movie preview, since they reveal too much of the movie to me.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
First thing that came out of the mouth of the new girl at work when she's been introduced to me this morning: AAAh! the quiet one!

I want to like you but you don't make it easy.....

The shabby Goodwill clothes: He looks like a hobo!
The scruffy crazy-old-man beard: He looks like a terrorist!
The Spots: He looks like . . . My God, what is that horrible thing?!

Do you really think that about yourself? Do you really have a curtain covering your mirror?
Because I remember seeing a picture of you here and thinking I wish I looked as cool as you.

MikeyC

First thing that came out of the mouth of the new girl at work when she's been introduced to me this morning: AAAh! the quiet one!

I want to like you but you don't make it easy.....
First impressions last. I hope not in this case, and she's actually a good person.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
First impressions last. I hope not in this case, and she's actually a good person.

Oh I'm sure she's not a bad person. But there is a certain kind of people in the work market that really don't know what to say to introverts but they feel like they have to do small talks, so all they say is "you're so quiet!" everytime they see you alone at your desk. Which is harmless but incredibly annoying :p

MikeyC

Oh I'm sure she's not a bad person. But there is a certain kind of people in the work market that really don't know what to say to introverts but they feel like they have to do small talks, so all they say is "you're so quiet!" everytime they see you alone at your desk. Which is harmless but incredibly annoying :p
I understand that. Hope it all works out well!

jaim38

I used to live in a bad neighborhood. When I attended middle school, there were girls who say things like "she got attitude" as if having an attitude is bad. My childhood friend, who was one of the nicest people I've met, got called out for having an "attitude". What's so bad about having an attitude? Everyone has one. Some have a positive attitude while others negative.