Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hidwell

I went to a place down south from me called Ulladulla. It's quite a drive but I liked it. I didn't go for any reason - well, that's not entirely true. I wanted to do something different. I liked it and I plan to go back and visit other places around the area I didn't get to do today.

Here's a photo I took for no reason.

IMG_0623_zpsa925aaa5.jpg

I remember going to Ulladulla it is a beautiful little town with pigeon house mountain behind and the sea in front. :thumbup:

Phoenixx

Today I saw a baby sparrow outside my window on the ground underneath the bird feeder, and it looked like it was all alone so I started to watch it wondering where its parent was. It wasn't long until the mommy sparrow came around, picked up a seed off the ground, and put it in its mouth and oh my god it was just the cutest freaking thing I've seen in a long time. ^_^ :3

The whole day I was feeling crappy and doing everything to distract myself from my thoughts and trying to make myself feel better and nothing was working. And then I saw that and it instantly brought my spirits up because it was so darn freaking cute.

Yeah, I just had to share that.

MikeyC

^ It's nice to have a change of pace once in a while. That place looks really nice!
From the small part I saw of it, yes, it's very nice. Tranquil, especially closer to the water.

I'm home! :greeting:
:greeting:

I remember going to Ulladulla it is a beautiful little town with pigeon house mountain behind and the sea in front. :thumbup:
When did you go to Ulladulla? It's driving distance and that's the first time I've ever been there. I plan to visit more places around that area (Batemans Bay is one of them).

hidwell

From the small part I saw of it, yes, it's very nice. Tranquil, especially closer to the water.

:greeting:

When did you go to Ulladulla? It's driving distance and that's the first time I've ever been there. I plan to visit more places around that area (Batemans Bay is one of them).

Last time I went to Ulladulla was in spring 2002 when I lived at Nowra.

jaim38

Kindness does not equal crush, infatuation, or love. Today I tried to be nice to someone by thanking him for doing something for me. But he must have mistook my gesture as a crush. He thinks I like him in a romantic sense, but I have no romantic feelings for him. This has happened in the past. I was nice to several guys who then tried to ask me out. How do I stop this? Rejecting people isn't fun. I don't want to resort to putting on a poker face, or being mean, just to repel guys.

Kindness does not equal crush, infatuation, or love. Today I tried to be nice to someone by thanking him for doing something for me. But he must have mistook my gesture as a crush. He thinks I like him in a romantic sense, but I have no romantic feelings for him. This has happened in the past. I was nice to several guys who then tried to ask me out. How do I stop this? Rejecting people isn't fun. I don't want to resort to putting on a poker face, or being mean, just to repel guys.

I don't think you're alone with these occurrences. Often I am hearing and reading about women complaining about men taking their signals, expressions wrongly.

We men have troubles reading the signals from women. So we guess. Well, most men anyway. I don't act on signals or potential flirtations too often if at all. I can't read'em, I don't pretend to. There are a few men like this out there.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Evolution programs men to a tendency to err in the direction of optimism when it comes to interpreting signals from women. Basically that way fewer potential opportunities for mating will be lost--whereas women would not benefit from extra mating opportunities, and potentially the opposite. on the whole, of course.

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/home...iles/The Misperception of Sexual Interest.pdf

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/comm/haselton/webdocs/HaseltonNettle.pdf

I've seen the evidence of this personally, as well. I know of 2 cases where the woman was not flirting with the guy at all, or even attracted--but they ended up ultimately making babies because the guy thought she was, and conversation got started from there.

Count me in on the group that tends to miss signals and/or have absolutely no idea what to make of them. :confused:

Kiwong

Ah, okay. I stopped at Nowra on my way down, actually. Nice little town very similar to Shellharbour, just smaller.

I don't think I've been down the south coast since 1987. I went on holiday and drove all the way to Victoria, and had a look at Jervis Bay, Mimosa Rocks, Ben Boyd. The south coast is really spectacular.

MikeyC

I don't think I've been down the south coast since 1987. I went on holiday and drove all the way to Victoria, and had a look at Jervis Bay, Mimosa Rocks, Ben Boyd. The south coast is really spectacular.
Jervis Bay is another place I want to check out. I've never heard of Ben Boyd, to be honest. You should come back down, mate - it may have changed a bit since 1987 (I was 1 year old).

Kiwong

Jervis Bay is another place I want to check out. I've never heard of Ben Boyd, to be honest. You should come back down, mate - it may have changed a bit since 1987 (I was 1 year old).

Jervis Bay is fantastic, secluded beaches, bushland, marine life. Ben Boyd is near Eden, it is a coastal park, and has amazing red and white coloured clay cliffs, and a wild stretch of coastline.

I reckon it has changed, it would be good to revisit on a holiday sometime. The north coast where isn't all that shabby either.

MikeyC

Jervis Bay is fantastic, secluded beaches, bushland, marine life. Ben Boyd is near Eden, it is a coastal park, and has amazing red and white coloured clay cliffs, and a wild stretch of coastline.

I reckon it has changed, it would be good to revisit on a holiday sometime. The north coast where isn't all that shabby either.
That does sound nice indeed. When I have more time I will visit there, and some other places. I think I will enjoy it. I can't wait. Eden is a little too far for me to drive, unfortunately.

I would like to visit the north coast, too. I can imagine it would be lovely there, as well. I did drive through some nice places when I drove to Brisbane a couple of years ago. Coffs Harbour is a place I would like to see more of.

Kiwong

Coffs is a pretty interesting town. I like some of the nearby coastal towns best, like Woolgoolga, Sawtell, Emerald Beach, Repton. I know the coast very well now.

MikeyC

Coffs is a pretty interesting town. I like some of the nearby coastal towns best, like Woolgoolga, Sawtell, Emerald Beach, Repton. I know the coast very well now.
If I'm ever out that way, I'll have to draw on your knowledge of the area.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wonder why there's a framed painting of a muskrat on the wall in the employee bathroom at my work.