Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

I really dislike the idea that the man has to be the one to approach the woman. Well, today the girl I fancy said hi to me for the first time (we've been in many common classes this year and the one before) and after that she sat next to me during class (though that might have been for other reasons that I will not elaborate on here).
I know it isn't much of a first step but I think it's enough for me to be able to take some initiative from now on.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
^ Does this have anything to do with The Hunger Games?

I almost always try my best to resist the urge to even look at anything on the internet pertaining to a series I'm beginning or not finished with yet, whether they're books or shows or even movies. There are so many spoilers out there and it's so easy to come across them. Tumblr is the worst, even if you do have Savior enabled to blacklist tags.

Yes, indeedly it did have to do with the hunger games. I'm usually better about not looking at things before I finish a series but I wasn't so much this time. I was actually searching the name of the 3rd book (to see if it was at my library) and a youtube video for the first book/movie came up, and couldn't resist clicking it :crying:

Phoenixx

Yes, indeedly it did have to do with the hunger games. I'm usually better about not looking at things before I finish a series but I wasn't so much this time. I was actually searching the name of the 3rd book (to see if it was at my library) and a youtube video for the first book/movie came up, and couldn't resist clicking it :crying:
^ Oh noes! Man, being spoiled sucks. :sad: By the way, the third book is Mockingjay, but you probably already know that now. I will let you know that if you are easily moved by books and/or get emotional fairly easily, Mockingjay is going to send you on an emotional rollercoaster. You will want to chuck the book (or your laptop if you're reading it online) across the room, you will feel like your heart is being ripped out of your chest, you will feel so engaged and stimulated and anxious, and you will eventually start smiling like an idiot at some parts. Or maybe that's just me. Books tend to really suck me in.

Ithior

My dad has been lecturing me about not having applied for any master's degree. It's sort of useless now considering the applications ended 1 month ago.
Now that the results of the master's applications are coming out, all my friends got where they wanted. My sister is going to the Netherlands.

I didn't apply for any master's. With my average I could get into anything, at least in my faculty. But I didn't want to apply. I don't know which course I would like. To be honest, ever since I had to choose what subjects to study it was always a bit random.
I chose economics because at 14 I thought I would only do boring lab research if I went with sciences and technologies, and I didn't know anything about economics. I thought it was half maths half "my own interpretation", and that was what I was looking for.
I'm not sure I'm in the right area sometimes, since I never tried the other areas. Maybe it's just the teachers that make it boring. Maybe I dislike it. Maybe the subjects I seem to enjoy are only enjoyable because of the teachers.
So I decided to take a year off. I'm tired of this thing of being forced to study a determined number of subjects every single year. I've been doing it for 15 years. I want to stop, I want to be rid of all these constraints and see what my mind really wants to learn. And I can't do that while I'm constantly thinking about which test do I study for next.

At this point it feels like I'm falling a year behind everyone else since they're all continuing their studies and I'm not. But I believe this is the best course of action for me. I'm not choosing what I'll study for the next two years solely based on the name of the subjects.

Phoenixx

I'm tired, but I don't feel like sleeping. I feel like painting actually, but it's too cold and wet to paint the bookshelf I've been wanting to work on. I even got free paint today at Lowe's for the occasion, in this color:

MPC00088734-1.jpg

Another project for another day, I suppose.

squidgee

I didn't apply for any master's. With my average I could get into anything, at least in my faculty. But I didn't want to apply. I don't know which course I would like. To be honest, ever since I had to choose what subjects to study it was always a bit random.
I chose economics because at 14 I thought I would only do boring lab research if I went with sciences and technologies, and I didn't know anything about economics. I thought it was half maths half "my own interpretation", and that was what I was looking for.
I'm not sure I'm in the right area sometimes, since I never tried the other areas. Maybe it's just the teachers that make it boring. Maybe I dislike it. Maybe the subjects I seem to enjoy are only enjoyable because of the teachers.
So I decided to take a year off. I'm tired of this thing of being forced to study a determined number of subjects every single year. I've been doing it for 15 years. I want to stop, I want to be rid of all these constraints and see what my mind really wants to learn. And I can't do that while I'm constantly thinking about which test do I study for next.

At this point it feels like I'm falling a year behind everyone else since they're all continuing their studies and I'm not. But I believe this is the best course of action for me. I'm not choosing what I'll study for the next two years solely based on the name of the subjects.

This is just like me, except I'm still only in year 11. Everyone at my school seems to know exactly what they're gonna do after they graduate, mostly going to uni to study biomed or law or something. None of that stuff sounds appealing to me though. I've attended so many open days and nothing piques my interest. Well, there are some slightly interesting courses but they don't seem to be very valuable, as in the skills you learn in those courses aren't sought by potential employers.

Oddities of nature are a simplistic conjugation of effects, experiences, actions and thoughts.One not without the other. However simplistic it is rarely made aware to the consciousness of any living form that nature is odd. Therefore our misuse of time conjuring and confusing our ideas of our nature would be better spent falsifying the idea of time itself.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Does anyone else get judged and/or compared by other people because of their sibling? I've gotten this before, but lately I've been getting it even more, in both bad ways and good ways. Today when talking to a guy, my friend goes, "Yeah this is xxxxxx's sister." and the look in his eyes just changed entirely and he goes "Ohhh..." I instantly say, "Oh you must know him." "Yeah, I know him alright." I have no idea what my brother ever did around him or to him or what, I didn't dare ask, but I had to reassure him that I act nothing like him. He then proceeded to tell me that, "You know, you two really don't look anything alike. I never would've guessed." "Yeah I get that alot." :rolleyes: Thankfully he was friendly to me the rest of the night and didn't judge me further, but damn it I hate it when people do that. Just because I'm related doesn't mean I'm the same person.

hoddesdon

Oddities of nature are a simplistic conjugation of effects, experiences, actions and thoughts.One not without the other. However simplistic it is rarely made aware to the consciousness of any living form that nature is odd. Therefore our misuse of time conjuring and confusing our ideas of our nature would be better spent falsifying the idea of time itself.

I haven't read this yet, so I can't reply - or is it that I read it so long ago that I have forgotten what I was going to say?

MikeyC

Does anyone else get judged and/or compared by other people because of their sibling? I've gotten this before, but lately I've been getting it even more, in both bad ways and good ways. Today when talking to a guy, my friend goes, "Yeah this is xxxxxx's sister." and the look in his eyes just changed entirely and he goes "Ohhh..." I instantly say, "Oh you must know him." "Yeah, I know him alright." I have no idea what my brother ever did around him or to him or what, I didn't dare ask, but I had to reassure him that I act nothing like him. He then proceeded to tell me that, "You know, you two really don't look anything alike. I never would've guessed." "Yeah I get that alot." :rolleyes: Thankfully he was friendly to me the rest of the night and didn't judge me further, but damn it I hate it when people do that. Just because I'm related doesn't mean I'm the same person.
I have to say that I haven't been compared too much to my brother, which is a good thing because I am a disappointment in comparison.

At least that guy was nice to you for the rest of the night.

MikeyC

I went to a place down south from me called Ulladulla. It's quite a drive but I liked it. I didn't go for any reason - well, that's not entirely true. I wanted to do something different. I liked it and I plan to go back and visit other places around the area I didn't get to do today.

Here's a photo I took for no reason.

IMG_0623_zpsa925aaa5.jpg

I went to a place down south from me called Ulladulla. It's quite a drive but I liked it. I didn't go for any reason - well, that's not entirely true. I wanted to do something different. I liked it and I plan to go back and visit other places around the area I didn't get to do today.

IMG_0623_zpsa925aaa5.jpg

Oh, that's great. <3

That water looks so inviting too. Did you walk around the shore barefoot? I always find that relaxing.

MikeyC

Oh, that's great. <3

That water looks so inviting too. Did you walk around the shore barefoot? I always find that relaxing.
I was considering it but I didn't want to get sand in my car. I just looked on from afar. I want to go back some time soon, though. I need to do more things.

Ithior

Yes, I get told I'm completely different from my twin sister both physically (facial traits and stuff like that) and mentally. She's really outgoing and I spend most of my time at home.

Doesn't really bother me, it's a normal reaction from people to do those comparisons, specially since we're twins.

Phoenixx

^ It's nice to have a change of pace once in a while. That place looks really nice!