Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Last night slept from 11pm to midnight, then just laid awake in bed until 5am. After that I had a light sleep until 7am.
Still not feeling tired though, will probably fall asleep after I eat lunch.

Phoenixx

889454-rest-in-peace-tumblr.jpg

Tumblr users threaten mutiny after Yahoo! acquisition announcement | News.com.au

I wonder what will happen with it now :sad:

I hope it doesn't turn into chaos.
^ After reading various info posts on Tumblr about it, I'm actually not as worried as I was at first. Sure I have a great dislike for Yahoo!, but they did claim they were still leaving the site pretty independent -- and yes, I do think they will stick to their word. There might be a few changes to come in the future, but I really don't think they're going to revamp everything. Apparently Tumblr has been on the verge of seriously needing money for a while too, something I did not know until yesterday. If the deal didn't go through, I'm afraid to think what else would've happened with it.

laure15

On Saturday we got a heavy package delivered to our house. The postman left it on our doorstep and left. We later found out it was misdelivered to our house. I told my parents to take the package to its rightful owner. To my surprise, my father was against this idea, his reasoning being: 1) what if that buyer accused us of stealing her package? 2) what if there were broken stuff in the package and the buyer accuses us of tampering with the contents inside? 3) what if the buyer tries to rip off the company by saying she never received a package from the postman? Thinking about it, these reasons seem highly unlikely, but I have to agree it's safer (and more professional) to just take the package to the post office and have them redeliver it rather than personally deliver the package to the buyer.

Ithior

On Saturday we got a heavy package delivered to our house. The postman left it on our doorstep and left. We later found out it was misdelivered to our house. I told my parents to take the package to its rightful owner. To my surprise, my father was against this idea, his reasoning being: 1) what if that buyer accused us of stealing her package? 2) what if there were broken stuff in the package and the buyer accuses us of tampering with the contents inside? 3) what if the buyer tries to rip off the company by saying she never received a package from the postman? Thinking about it, these reasons seem highly unlikely, but I have to agree it's safer (and more professional) to just take the package to the post office and have them redeliver it rather than personally deliver the package to the buyer.

For a second there I thought your dad was against the idea of giving it back.

But yeah he's right. I remember on this birthday of mine my sister and I were going out for lunch. When she parked the car she didn't see the car parked behind her (no idea why she didn't notice it) and she hit it on the side. Our car was perfectly fine, no scratches. But the other car had a thing torn off. It wasn't us though, because that thing couldn't have gotten stuck onto anything in our car to get torn off like that. Still, my parents wanted to keep the insurance out of it so we directly contacted the owners afterwards. They were nice enough to not have us pay for that but I'm sure they asked for more money than required to fix whatever we did to their car.

^ After reading various info posts on Tumblr about it, I'm actually not as worried as I was at first. Sure I have a great dislike for Yahoo!, but they did claim they were still leaving the site pretty independent -- and yes, I do think they will stick to their word. There might be a few changes to come in the future, but I really don't think they're going to revamp everything. Apparently Tumblr has been on the verge of seriously needing money for a while too, something I did not know until yesterday. If the deal didn't go through, I'm afraid to think what else would've happened with it.

I was super pissed about this yesterday. Yahoo has a special way of ruining things. But Marissa Mayer is saying that David Karp will remain the CEO and that they don't plan to change Tumblr (much). If they frak it up, I think Karp will be the first to throw a fit (it is his genius baby, after all) and the tumblrers will be right behind him. No one throws a bitch fit quite like Gen X, teenagers, and fangirls and fanboys. I can guarantee you that. :thumbup::) And let's all face it - Tumblr was getting too big to not be making very much money. The deal had to happen at some point.

There are far too many things to get done before heading to NC. Will I complete them all?
LOLNO.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aw, F**kbob Sh*tpant! Why does customising a Fender electric guitar huv tae be so f**kin' difficult? :kickingmyself:
Wait...? Does the width of the replacement guitar neck huv to be the same width as the neck ah huv attached, currently? :confused:

Aw... bollocks! Ah hope tae f**k ah huv'nae messed this up? But then, am no the one customisin' ma own guitar. It'd be truly f**ked by now, if ah was! Ah only play guitar, ah don't built 'em! Thank f**k! Spare a thought for the at the musical instrument store who's doing it for me. Poor bastard! That said, he's no daein' it fur free. :bigsmile:
^ Ah know... It doesnae make any sense tae me either. :idontknow:

Ithior

Managed to get a decent night of sleep. Changed my pillow before going to bed because I thought the other was too hard and could be contributing to the pain in two of my teeth.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
After reading The Hunger Games, I am surprising not unhappy with the differences between it and the movie. Actually, by telling them from different points of view (1st vs 3rd) I think it actually adds to the story and makes it even better. I think this should be the goals of all book-to-movie transfers, to make the story better as opposed to giving people a visual (and telling the story to those lazy non-readers) and making the story the directors "own." Somethings are told better in a book, and others by a movie, having them work together can make a good story even better.

Ithior

Oh no, the exams are coming...

3 weeks for mine, although I have a test this friday. I've been freaking out for the past weeks because there's so much material to cover in 3 subjects that I barely looked at so far, and I usually can't get anything done in the afternoon after classes (bare in mind that in those 3 weeks until the 6 exams start, I only have one week without classes, and that's not set in stone yet).

Next week I'll probably start staying at uni during the afternoon, maybe I can get more studying done there than at home. I don't think there's any place where I can be completely alone though, there will always be people around and that distracts me a lot. If I go to the library it triggers my anxiety because there are many people there and it's a very quiet place, that sort of environment is really bad for my anxiety.

Ithior

Every morning my mum takes me to uni. It's sort of on her way to work, so I can get up a bit later than if I had to take the bus.
I usually get up at 7am ~ 7.10 and leave at 8.15~8.20. A bit after 7.50 (my mum was taking a bath) I found my grandma lying on the floor. Now, this sort of thing happened before, so I knew more or less how things were going to develop from there. I immediately called my mum (though I think she had already noticed it) and she started taking care of her. She called my sister who was already awake at that time and they were taking care of it.
When I saw her lying on the floor I knew that there was nothing that I could do but just stare through the whole thing, so I started speeding up to get ready to leave and take the bus. I managed to arrive at uni only 10 minutes later than usual.

Now, what I'm wondering is: does it make me a bad person for leaving for my classes?
And second, does it make me a bad person that I wasn't really concerned?

Like I said, this sort of thing happened before. I also never really liked my grandma (can't really find a particular reason for it), I only find her annoying and that she sort of restricts my freedom by always being at home (sometimes you just need some alone time and with her here it can take months for that to happen). She also barely eats, what she eats is crap (lots of sweets and stuff bad for health), she doesn't take her meds (only if my mum is around to watch her) and she lies to the doctors as well. I just can't feel sorry for someone who's in a bad condition only thanks to herself.

Lea

Banned
Every morning my mum takes me to uni. It's sort of on her way to work, so I can get up a bit later than if I had to take the bus.
I usually get up at 7am ~ 7.10 and leave at 8.15~8.20. A bit after 7.50 (my mum was taking a bath) I found my grandma lying on the floor. Now, this sort of thing happened before, so I knew more or less how things were going to develop from there. I immediately called my mum (though I think she had already noticed it) and she started taking care of her. She called my sister who was already awake at that time and they were taking care of it.
When I saw her lying on the floor I knew that there was nothing that I could do but just stare through the whole thing, so I started speeding up to get ready to leave and take the bus. I managed to arrive at uni only 10 minutes later than usual.

Now, what I'm wondering is: does it make me a bad person for leaving for my classes?
And second, does it make me a bad person that I wasn't really concerned?

Like I said, this sort of thing happened before. I also never really liked my grandma (can't really find a particular reason for it), I only find her annoying and that she sort of restricts my freedom by always being at home (sometimes you just need some alone time and with her here it can take months for that to happen). She also barely eats, what she eats is crap (lots of sweets and stuff bad for health), she doesn't take her meds (only if my mum is around to watch her) and she lies to the doctors as well. I just can't feel sorry for someone who's in a bad condition only thanks to herself.

I used to be very intolerant to ill people when I was around 20, as I thought they caused it themselves by bad diet. Especially to my granddad who had gout and recurring painful attacks, yet didn´t want to stop eating junk and forbidden things. Now I quite regret it when I look back, I would be more tolerant and sympathetic now. I think I got somehow more understanding to people´s faults.. knowing that I am far from perfect myself.

I guess it would be wrong to leave her if you were alone with her obviously, but if they were taking care of her and you would be useless, why not to leave. If that happened to me and I was alone with her, I´d call ambulance.

I was walking home tonight and some guy pulled up next to me in a car and said, "Nice ass," and some other things I couldn't hear because I had one headphone in. I just frowned at him - I wasn't exactly sure what he said and I didn't want to antagonize him, I was nervous - and he drove away after saying some more things I couldn't hear.

Two minutes later he came back down the other side of the street and said, "Come on, 50 bucks for that ass." I just ignored him while making a phone call and he drove off, but I was pretty damn scared and I felt degraded :sad:

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

I was walking home tonight and some guy pulled up next to me in a car and said, "Nice ass," and some other things I couldn't hear because I had one headphone in. I just frowned at him - I wasn't exactly sure what he said and I didn't want to antagonize him, I was nervous - and he drove away after saying some more things I couldn't hear.

Two minutes later he came back down the other side of the street and said, "Come on, 50 bucks for that ass." I just ignored him while making a phone call and he drove off, but I was pretty damn scared and I felt degraded :sad:

Omg.. please carry some mace with you!

Why do men have to be so creepy...