Votes: 17 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeirdyMcGee

My parents were very supportive with everything I've done in my life. I'm very lucky to have two separate caring people-- even if they don't quite understand why I am the way I am.

Sprunk

I think one of my parents is largely responsible for the way i am,though don't really blame them cause this far on whats the point?

thewiz

I can't say I had terrible parents for they have given me anything I have ever wanted but it always fell short beyond the materialistic nature. /spoiled

My father, or lack of a father, was definitely a contributing factor.
How can a father not think of the damage it would do to not have contact with his own child?::(:

Nanita

I blame them for several things.... Even if I want to forgive, forget, move on - I keep feeling bitter

Phoenixx

No, not really. I definitely don't blame them solely, but I will admit my mom certainly had her good share of making me feel like crap and only contributing a bit to my issues. Thankfully, my dad has never done or said anything that has made me feel horrible. Dealing with my mother was enough. :rolleyes:

Apotheosis

I think my parents were definitely an important part, but I've made plenty of bad decisions on my own that have likely done a number on my psyche.

MaryA

I would say my dad contributed a bit when I was growing up, but I have forgiven and realized that I am an adult now, and it is up to me to change my life. Also, it helped to forgive when I found out that he was treated pretty badly by his dad and siblings, and he did the best he could with the hurt he was carrying around for yrs. He was able to forgive and let go of those monkeys on his back as well just before his dad passed and everything is good. Sometimes its good to forgive just to get those monkeys off your back and to create peace within yourself.

Steppen-Wolf

I think that my parents really didn't help in many ways... But the problem begins, and will end, with me.

Blaming other people for something like this is just nonsense, I know what I need to change, it depends on me, noone else.

EnigmatiConduit

yes, for alot of things... but we shouldn't "blame" ... it has all already happened, analysie what you do blame them for, then the roots are pin pointed and you can work toward resolving issues rather than holding onto blame - in the long run it does you no good

Hero

I do blame them, but it's not there fault- they had no idea I'd end up this way. They just thought what they were doing was best.

If my Mum had really listened to my difficulties and tried to help to be less shy and fearful of other kids, I wouldn't have spent my childhood inside the house playing Lemmings. Plus she did nothing to lessen the attached bond I used to have with her, meaning I grew up completely dependent on her. And my estranged Dad who made little effort, showing no emotion yet anger.

EscapeArtist

I don't blame them at all. Even if some things were to be caused by situations developed by their actions, it's the past, it doesn't exist, and as with other past-based things like regret I try not give it an existence. I have 100% of the power for myself now, the past is the present.

Honda

They are not perfect and they never understood me but were very supportive and open minded..

It doesnt matter, im all grown up now and now im free to be self reliant completely..

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yeah, to a point. I'm the age now that they were when they were raising me, and I would never behave the way they did in front of a sensitive kid. Never.

I'd love to pop-in on them in 1985 and point to myself and say "this is where this is heading." Not that it would've done a bit of good.