Things you're scared of or dread?

MrJones

Losing new friends, even on here. This sounds pathetic as I don't really know any of you properly but I panic if I people don't talk to me for a while. I automaticaly think I have done something to offend and it plays on my mind till the next time we talk and it's like a relief. And although I now feel embarassed (see last fear) as hell typing this I am not removing it bc I have to face my fears. ::(:
I don't know if it sounds pathetic or not, but I am the same. I may be too sensitive, or just paranoid. It happens to me a lot since I started to talk to people here. And now that I'm closer to some people (something that maybe shouldn't happen) it's much worse.

Phoenixx

Why is everyone so afraid of spiders? Surely you could take one or two or a hundred in a fight...
^ One or two. A hundred? Heck with that, I'm running! Or I'll probably just burn my house down (assuming that's if they are in the house). ::p:

this is what i use....

NEW-TURBO-PROPANE-TORCH-ROOFING-MELT-ICE-BURN-WEEDS-NIB.JPG.jpg
^ I should invest in one of these...

bsebring

college
moving out
not getting a good job, living in poverty, living alone and unable to pay my bills...becoming homeless.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Abandonment
Trusting people
Being alone
The thought I won't amount to anything in life
Failing at nearly everything creative I do or attempt to to do
Death
Being the centre of attention
Rejection
Being embarrassed, made of fun of, or looking stupid
People judging me negatively
Family gatherings

I'm scared of lots of everything, basically.

Agent_Violet

Things not having order,
Other people messing up my order of life,
Losing new friends, even on here. This sounds pathetic as I don't really know any of you properly but I panic if I people don't talk to me for a while. I automaticaly think I have done something to offend and it plays on my mind till the next time we talk and it's like a relief. And although I now feel embarassed (see last fear) as hell typing this I am not removing it bc I have to face my fears. ::(:

OH i can't stand it when other people mess up the organized things in my life! It's the hardest thing for me to cope with...haven't figured out how to roll with it without having a meltdown.

*hugs* about the friends thing. I understand how you feel.

Dead_on_Arrival

OH i can't stand it when other people mess up the organized things in my life! It's the hardest thing for me to cope with...haven't figured out how to roll with it without having a meltdown.

*hugs* about the friends thing. I understand how you feel.

Thanks. The organizing thing is a difficult one to evercome. I have been working through it in CBT using mindfulness and it is getting slightly easier week by week.

Niteowl

Nothing pathetic about that Dead_on_Arrival, I think it's great that you can feel that way. Individual friends mean very little to some people, and I think that's sad. I don't really know anyone here that well, but if I did, it would be such a shame to lose them as a friend, because everyone here is so lovely. I think internet friends aren't too different from real-life friends. :)

In addition to the few things I mentioned last night, I'm (and this is an obvious one) terrified of going out where there are people! I mean really - each time I think, "I'll do it - this will be good for me", and it never is. It doesn't get any easier. It just reminds me how scared I am and how it's going to take far more than a little getting out to make any sort of difference. I've been out today, and it was hard enough without entering any shops. It didn't help that someone (a part-time bully) from school and college pointed me out to her friend, probably telling her how and why everyone at school hated me.

I don't very much like being asked to talk on Skype either; I'm conflicted by a) not being able to say no to people, and b) being terrified of talking. I'm also very bad at making up excuses, so I don't do it.

upndwn

Giving a speech, family gatherings, group meetings at work, doctor's appointments, doing something embarrassing in public, be proven wrong in front of my peers, moving, getting an embarrassing disease or condition, that my SA shall come back full time, going insane, being rejected by a girl I like, confrontations, something embarrassing from my past coming to the surface, probably lots of other stuff I can't think of right now.

DeadmanWalking

Getting into groups for class, Presentations, Failure, Life after death, (some) bugs, (some) enemies from the Legend of Zelda series (looking at you Wallmaster and Floormaster) and other series, Opening my heart to someone, and Girls.

I've got to work on some of these because some of them are unavoidable in life.

Section_31

the direction and possible future of my current home situation, though thats being worked on by me.

whats happening with my relationship with my father.

Going to court on the 27th to pay a fine.

clowns.

that ill die of old age, alone.

Being alone in life.

my tax return this coming feb

ill think of more later.

I missed that one from my list.....
Thats the only reason I'm still here...

I think my absolute biggest fear is that I wont get to live before I die. I cant imagine going through life without seeing all the things I want to see and visiting all the places I want to visit. All that travelling I need to do. Never getting married and having kids-I try convince myself I dont want these things but I do. Im afraid of missing out.

Dead_on_Arrival

I think my absolute biggest fear is that I wont get to live before I die. I cant imagine going through life without seeing all the things I want to see and visiting all the places I want to visit. All that travelling I need to do. Never getting married and having kids-I try convince myself I dont want these things but I do. Im afraid of missing out.

You still have time on your side. Don't dwell on what you would like to do but never will, go out and take it while you have that time. I have been places I never thought I would ever see but they are all in my memories now. That said I struggle to remember them anyway. All the nice things I have seen I can't remember. It takes photo's to prove I have been there and still I don't remember what it is like. The bad things are so etched in my mind that they cloud all the good things. I still feel I am missing out on lots of things life has to offer and my daughter is missing out on the things I never had as a child because of my situation. Showing her the world is my next priority in life.

You still have time on your side. Don't dwell on what you would like to do but never will, go out and take it while you have that time. I have been places I never thought I would ever see but they are all in my memories now. That said I struggle to remember them anyway. All the nice things I have seen I can't remember. It takes photo's to prove I have been there and still I don't remember what it is like. The bad things are so etched in my mind that they cloud all the good things. I still feel I am missing out on lots of things life has to offer and my daughter is missing out on the things I never had as a child because of my situation. Showing her the world is my next priority in life.

I can't do a whole lot at the mo unfortunately. As soon as I get out and get better Im going to take every opportunity that presents itself. I cant go my whole life without travelling through India, I just can't! :)

Im sorry bout what you went through. I read your posts. I cant imagine how terrible it has been.

Dead_on_Arrival

I can't do a whole lot at the mo unfortunately. As soon as I get out and get better Im going to take every opportunity that presents itself. I cant go my whole life without travelling through India, I just can't! :)

Im sorry bout what you went through. I read your posts. I cant imagine how terrible it has been.

I hope you do get better very soon. When you do just grab the bull by the horns and don't ever let go. Life can be amazing......:)

As with me, things are sent to try us, and whats doesn't kill us can only serve to make us stronger