Something GOOD That Happened Today!

Me and my Dad went to a local burger joint and had lunch there, some nice bonding time :) Was meaning to hang out with my buddies also today but that got cancelled, oh well maybe tomorrow :p

MikeyC

Me and my Dad went to a local burger joint and had lunch there, some nice bonding time
That's awesome! I'm glad you guys did that. Your dad will be very happy.

Honestly, I've been wanting to do that with my dad, but I know it will be awkward so I don't. He'd probably still appreciate the gesture, though.

Phoenixx

You two just reminded me, tomorrow (well, now today) is my dad's birthday. Wish I could see him. I never did get him anything. Kinda makes me feel crappy, but I never know what to get him anymore. He is a hard man to shop for. He's one of those people that are simple, yet picky. ::p: I don't know how my mom does it every year with Christmas and his birthday. She always thinks of something.

Anyway, that being said, I'm hoping he has off from work this week when I'm back home. Maybe we'll finally get to go on our much needed Christmas shopping trip. Just spending the day together is a good enough belated birthday gift I think.

MikeyC

^ Happy birthday, Phoenixx's dad!

I'm at work this afternoon, and one of the ladies there asked me how I was, then asked, "are you sure you're okay?" I have told her about my depression. I said I was fine.

Not long later, I thanked her for always asking me if I'm alright. We don't cross paths too much these days, as I don't work in her area as often, but when we do she always asks how I am. We had a short discussion about my emotions which is great because she seems to genuinely care about it - and she's the kind of person I would never pick for sympathy (she's a firm person with a venomous tongue occasionally).

It's nice to know there's caring people wedged between all the haters.

A good conversation with my aunt and looking forward to visit her soon :)

really means a lot to me that someone invites me, i would love to have fun with my aunt too, she's such a funny person XD

and also it's great that I'm feeling more at ease tonight for tomorrow... thinking that t'll be fine

mostly cuz I will sleep early,, i will now.. so I will feel calm and good tomorrow and not anxious and stressed in the dawn/morning light

I will just take it easy

balance !

and I feel happy about my new avatar, it's a picture taken when I felt good , and it makes me feel positive, and also that it is showing who i really am, the exact hair length that i like and my favourite colour green.... and a relaxing space there i was hanging in.. yes makes me feel good

Last edited:

Silatuyok

^Saskia, your new avatar really is so bright and cheerful!

My good thing for today: well, I just got up from a nap, and I love naps, so that was a good thing. :)

MsBuzzkillington

It was super cloudy and rainy today! I love the rain so much. It oddly always puts me in a good mood. You think it would be the opposite.

MikeyC

I got my writing table spray painted and it looks pretty. :) I'm using it now!
Write those words!

It was super cloudy and rainy today! I love the rain so much. It oddly always puts me in a good mood. You think it would be the opposite.
Rain is great, but it can sometimes affect my mood. But yeah, the rain is very cool. I sometimes wish our roof was tin so I could really hear the pitter-patter of raindrops crashing. :)

I feel pretty relaxed even though I didn't sleep well :) Slept around 2 am
I tried sleeping though, but it took a while, but i feel really well today as it comes to awakened :)

and i'm in class now, preparing for the next test..... exciting

Phoenixx

Yesterday morning I received my acceptance letter to the school I wanted to transfer to. That means now I have to go apartment hunting and hopefully will be moving into a brand new place with a friend of mine next month. :)

Also managed to get some much needed holiday stuff done yesterday and today. This will continue probably for the next two weeks, and I'm not complaining at all about that. :) I'm finally in the festive mood!

MikeyC

Yesterday morning I received my acceptance letter to the school I wanted to transfer to. That means now I have to go apartment hunting and hopefully will be moving into a brand new place with a friend of mine next month. :)
Fantastic news! So happy for you, Phoenixx. :)

found a loonie behind my desk today.
Put it in my change jar.
...now I have $1.76 to my name!

XD
Hey, rich girl! What are you going to spend it all on? ;)

MollyBeGood

I met someone who I have wanted to meet for some time now but have been putting it off and it went great and he was a very neat person :) Makes me miss social interactions which isn't like me at all. Ha! I feel suddenly normal. :p