Something GOOD That Happened Today!

I went to lunch with a friend I haven't seen for a while and it was fun. We spent almost 3 hours talking and we've made plans to meet up next week sometime with another friend that I haven't seen in a longer time.

Silatuyok

The aforementioned mega box of brownie mix. And, my new phone magically activated itself today. And, as grumpy as I was when I woke up this morning, it turned out to be a pretty decent day.
Now, I get to go to bed and try it all again tomorrow.

MikeyC

I went to my band mate's place to pick up some of my drums. When I walked in his 18-month-old boy was there, doing what babies do. I haven't seen him in a little while, so he's certainly grown up a little. As soon as he saw me, he wanted me to hold him so I picked him up. As soon as I put him down he wanted me to pick him up again and he hugged me. ::eek::

It was a sweet moment, more so because I freeze up when it comes to kids.

No, this does not make me want to have kids of my own!

Aletheia

^Awww, that's so sweet.

Whenever I see my nephews, they come running up, yelling, "Auntie Kate, Auntie Kate!" before leaping on me for a big hug. They're so enthusiastically demonstrative about it. Makes me feel loved. I wish it were that easy to be with everyone.

Last edited:

MikeyC

^Awww, that's so sweet.

Whenever I see my nephews, they come running up, yelling, "Auntie Kate, Auntie Kate!" before leaping on me for a big hug. They're so enthusiastically demonstrative about it. Makes me feel loved. I wish it were that easy to be with everyone.
That's awesome. :)

It's funny because my band mate's 18-month-old wanted to hug me, yet his 16-year-old daughter barely gives me the time of day.

Today I had a huge panic attack in the morning, I wanted to stay home from school. After two hours of being panicky I said to myself ''NO, I will not drain here at home, It is so important for me to be there, i'll just go now later on the day'''. So I went to school later on, and I wanted to talk to my teacher apart. He said ''We know about your panic attacks, so don't worry. We're happy you're here now, that's a good thing'. I told him I'll eventually will not have panic attacks anymore cuz i'm fighting really hard and I also find school so important for me. He smiled and said ''it's fine, we know about that''. So I'm really happy I decided to go to school after this moment of failure.

I really wish I will cure my panic attacks someday.... It would change my whole life to something better. I can get so mad at myself like losing my whole control when i avoid something. just because i want the other side around. it's the most important thing for me in the world to show that i can face a situation.

Phoenixx

I went to my band mate's place to pick up some of my drums. When I walked in his 18-month-old boy was there, doing what babies do. I haven't seen him in a little while, so he's certainly grown up a little. As soon as he saw me, he wanted me to hold him so I picked him up. As soon as I put him down he wanted me to pick him up again and he hugged me. ::eek::

It was a sweet moment, more so because I freeze up when it comes to kids.

No, this does not make me want to have kids of my own!
^ Yeah kids can be so adorable. :) I usually freeze up around kids too because I usually don't even know what to do. I never grew up around younger siblings or a lot of younger relatives because I don't really have any. So yeah, as adorable as they can be, I still don't want kids of my own either.

coyote

good chat with the boss this morning

everything seems to be in order

now i can relax and enjoy the holiday

MikeyC

^ Yeah kids can be so adorable. :) I usually freeze up around kids too because I usually don't even know what to do. I never grew up around younger siblings or a lot of younger relatives because I don't really have any. So yeah, as adorable as they can be, I still don't want kids of my own either.
Yeah, I have the exact same thoughts. Never grew up around any young people so I don't have the experience. And yeah, I don't know what to do or say around children so I try to avoid that situation altogether.

You took the thoughts straight from my brain!

Silatuyok

I walked up to a kitten and she was so excited to see me that she took a flying leap onto my chest and wouldn't let me put her down. :) Gotta love my job.

KiaKaha

Banned
^^ Super adorable... Visualizing now....arghh cuteness overload..

I got a letter in the mail today informing me that I have been accepted into a social work degree starting next year. 4 years of study to come.

Last edited:

Flyingheart

I felt really low but was able to pick myself up and get chatting randomly to people. It isn't much, but I feel good about it and that's what's important I guess!

Aletheia

At my writing class last night there was a woman new to the group, new to Wellington, she'd been here five days. And her work was good, it was... amazing, I can't think but she'll publish.

In the past, I had to blinker myself to anyone else's work in order to hear my voice at all, and not lose it in comparison.

But last night, I found her not intimidating but inspiring, and I wrote better than I've done in a long long time.

I hope she comes back, I want to hear more!

Kiwong

At my writing class last night there was a woman new to the group, new to Wellington, she'd been here five days. And her work was good, it was... amazing, I can't think but she'll publish.

In the past, I had to blinker myself to anyone else's work in order to hear my voice at all, and not lose it in comparison.

But last night, I found her not intimidating but inspiring, and I wrote better than I've done in a long long time.

I hope she comes back, I want to hear more!

Glad to hear it inspired to write well. Good writing is something everyone can learn from, be influenced by and be inspired. I think all writers draw on their own voice, but also the writing that influences them.