Something GOOD That Happened Today!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

There's a positive side to every situation, surely as there's two sides to a coin and an inside and outside that form a cup.

So, for all the bad we may focus on, there MUST be at least ONE good or nice thing, even a little bit we can think of and say.

Even if for 1 fleeting second of the day we must find those moments and latch onto them, and drop the bad ones like a bad habit (or bad cliche =D No matter how simple or silly. THINK hard =D

Today for me, not going to do something allowed me to collect my thoughts actually and made my mood good. And I am playing a great satisfying albeit time chugging game, Mass Effect.

simpsons2007

My daughter made me laugh today. She said "daddy I want to count worms" I didn't real know what she was talking about as we were inside. She then grabbed my hand and said "look worms" and she started to count. What she thought was worms was the veins on the back of my hand sticking out.

MollyBeGood

There's a place where I live that you bring your garbage to, I don't live in a city so we don't have trash collection...there's a man who works there and I am quoting him, he is very positive and friendly and says "Everyday you're upright is a good day!" So that's all i got for good today. :) I am upright.

MsBuzzkillington

This is very true, I completely agree with you. Sometimes it's difficult to see the silver lining in things. But they are always there. It's terrible because something like this recently happened to me where I was having a really awful day but then something small happened and I thought to my self "oh silver lining?" But now I can't really remember what it was.

I don't even remember what bad thing was going on, so I guess that's good too.

Phoenixx

Hm, basically the only good thing for me today is that I am so incredibly close to being completely done with all my school work for the year.

Quelqu'un

My daughter made me laugh today. She said "daddy I want to count worms" I didn't real know what she was talking about as we were inside. She then grabbed my hand and said "look worms" and she started to count. What she thought was worms was the veins on the back of my hand sticking out.

Aw, that's so cute! Kids are so funny and can really make your day better. I love how they get excited by the littlest things.

Tripolar

1. I woke up.
2. I got to hug my perfectly healthy son.
3. I made it to work with out having a complete melt down so that I can support said son.

As long as I do these things everyday I can be proud of myself... no matter my other failures.

Tiercel

Hasn't happened yet, but I'll post it anyway. Tonight my gaming group is splurging on pizza for dinner. We're getting it from a tiny place that has pretty tasty pizza, so it'll beat the snacks we usually pick at through the course of the night.

And maybe some pizza grease and crumbs will help me roll a bit better than I normally do, too. :D

Although I'm pretty fanatical about keeping my dice clean, maybe it's time for a change.

Quelqu'un

Got a gym membership yesterday, and started going today. It wasn't so bad. There was barely anyone there, mostly older people, and at least this gym doesn't have stupid mirrors all over like some. I hate looking at myself while working out. And the weather was beautiful, until it started raining...

Deus, great thread btw.

simpsons2007

I managed to get out of bed before lunch today. I was up and out of bed at 9am, normally I don't get up till 12pm