Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

theoutsider

I used to simply say, "I don't like people" and be done with it as far as describing why I was a loner, mostly. It meant I didn't like people in general but it didn't mean I disliked everyone. I've since come to realize it's not people I dislike, I actually like people in general (many, preferably from a distance). What I dislike is the way many people treat each other. That might be a small difference but I think it's a more positive way to look at it.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the generic blonde girl and most people feel the same as you about the awkward teenager, because they can relate. I could be wrong, but I would be shocked.

I think your right that most people probably don't care about the generic blonde girl, but I think the scenes do scare people. The thrill for some movie goers, I imagine, is imaging themselves getting chased by an ax murderer and feeling that fear. The more immersive the movie going experience, the more scared they will feel.

And I think you're also probably right that most people do feel uncomfortable watching the awkward teenager. It's likely the intent of the movie directors, so if they succeed the audience will feel that way. This may just be a quintessential example of me "unique-ing" myself, you know looking at an experience and thinking it's dramatically different for me than it is for most people (which is usually isn't). I may have a more acute sensitivity to some of those scenes, or a sensitivity to some scenes that aren't supposed to be scary or uncomfortable which was more of what I was trying to get at. I see a party in a movie, and react as if someone is chasing me with an ax.

But I think my post was very exaggerated. I'm mostly like everyone else most of the time :p

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
And I think you're also probably right that most people do feel uncomfortable watching the awkward teenager. It's likely the intent of the movie directors, so if they succeed the audience will feel that way. This may just be a quintessential example of me "unique-ing" myself, you know looking at an experience and thinking it's dramatically different for me than it is for most people (which is usually isn't). I may have a more acute sensitivity to some of those scenes, or a sensitivity to some scenes that aren't supposed to be scary or uncomfortable which was more of what I was trying to get at. I see a party in a movie, and react as if someone is chasing me with an ax.

But I think my post was very exaggerated. I'm mostly like everyone else most of the time :p

I think I understand. I didn't intend to make you feel ordinary though. Sorry :LOL:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I think I understand. I didn't intend to make you feel ordinary though. Sorry :LOL:

Haha, no if anything I need to be grounded more often. I have my moments and my quirks, but with most things I am likely within the margin of error for ordinary. SA and depression doesn't make me an alien or something, and keeping that in mind the best I can is a good thing I think.

Phoenixx

I've pretty much decided I'm not returning back to my workplace after this layoff and that I'll be pursuing a somewhat different career path and looking into working at a local pet store for the time being. Now I'm trying to write a notice (resignation?) letter to send. I think I'm expected to be back on the 18th, but I've received no official word. (I honestly haven't talked to my boss or the office manager in 2 months. Not since they called to tell me that it was a good idea to start collecting unemployment.) So writing a letter basically saying "I quit" after a 2-month layoff is a dick move right?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I've pretty much decided I'm not returning back to my workplace after this layoff and that I'll be pursuing a somewhat different career path and looking into working at a local pet store for the time being. Now I'm trying to write a notice (resignation?) letter to send. I think I'm expected to be back on the 18th, but I've received no official word. (I honestly haven't talked to my boss or the office manager in 2 months. Not since they called to tell me that it was a good idea to start collecting unemployment.) So writing a letter basically saying "I quit" after a 2-month layoff is a dick move right?
No it's not a dick move. You are letting them know officially not to bother calling you back and you're making choices based on what you want. Good for you :)