Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I wonder if normal ("normal") people feel the same way watching horror movie chase scenes as I do watching high school party scenes in movies.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to horror movies (what's the worst that'll happen, you'll die?) but I imagine most people watching an ax murderer chasing someone down is like this "AHHH OMG RUN GENERIC BLONDE ACTRESS RUN OR THE AX MAN WILL GET YOU! RUUUUUUUN OR ELSE AAAAHHHH". Take that next to how I am when I am watching a party scene. While most people are like "oh cool, it's a party" I'm like "AHHH OMG WATCH OUT GENERIC AWKWARD TEENAGER, YOUR CLASSMATES MIGHT TALK TO YOU. YOU MAY THEN DO OR SAY SOMETHING AWKWARD OR EMBARESSING, AND FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE FOR...FOREVER! AHHHH!"

Or like, if the feared event actually happens. While Generic Blonde actress is being cut up by the ax murdered, normal ("normal") people are like "NOO, WHY *sobs* WHY! *Averts eyes from tv* SHE STILL HAD SO MUCH LIFE TO LIVE! SHE WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FOR...SOMETHING! *sobs* gone too soon :(". Again, compared to a party scene where the Generic Awkward Teenager goes up to the popular girl in school, awkwardly asks her out and gets rejected publicly and everyone in the party laughs as he runs out of the room crying - "Oh...oh god. *averts eyes from screen* What a sick mind this director must have to put such a terrible and horrid scene in a movie! *shivers* This is nightmare fuel. DISGUSTING, HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE FUEL. I will never sleep again."

Like, that seems comparable I think.

I wonder if normal ("normal") people feel the same way watching horror movie chase scenes as I do watching high school party scenes in movies.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to horror movies (what's the worst that'll happen, you'll die?) but I imagine most people watching an ax murderer chasing someone down is like this "AHHH OMG RUN GENERIC BLONDE ACTRESS RUN OR THE AX MAN WILL GET YOU! RUUUUUUUN OR ELSE AAAAHHHH". Take that next to how I am when I am watching a party scene. While most people are like "oh cool, it's a party" I'm like "AHHH OMG WATCH OUT GENERIC AWKWARD TEENAGER, YOUR CLASSMATES MIGHT TALK TO YOU. YOU MAY THEN DO OR SAY SOMETHING AWKWARD OR EMBARESSING, AND FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE FOR...FOREVER! AHHHH!"

Or like, if the feared event actually happens. While Generic Blonde actress is being cut up by the ax murdered, normal ("normal") people are like "NOO, WHY *sobs* WHY! *Averts eyes from tv* SHE STILL HAD SO MUCH LIFE TO LIVE! SHE WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FOR...SOMETHING! *sobs* gone too soon :(". Again, compared to a party scene where the Generic Awkward Teenager goes up to the popular girl in school, awkwardly asks her out and gets rejected publicly and everyone in the party laughs as he runs out of the room crying - "Oh...oh god. *averts eyes from screen* What a sick mind this director must have to put such a terrible and horrid scene in a movie! *shivers* This is nightmare fuel. DISGUSTING, HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE FUEL. I will never sleep again."

Like, that seems comparable I think.
I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the generic blonde girl and most people feel the same as you about the awkward teenager, because they can relate. I could be wrong, but I would be shocked.

theoutsider

I used to simply say, "I don't like people" and be done with it as far as describing why I was a loner, mostly. It meant I didn't like people in general but it didn't mean I disliked everyone. I've since come to realize it's not people I dislike, I actually like people in general (many, preferably from a distance). What I dislike is the way many people treat each other. That might be a small difference but I think it's a more positive way to look at it.

I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the generic blonde girl and most people feel the same as you about the awkward teenager, because they can relate. I could be wrong, but I would be shocked.
I think your right that most people probably don't care about the generic blonde girl, but I think the scenes do scare people. The thrill for some movie goers, I imagine, is imaging themselves getting chased by an ax murderer and feeling that fear. The more immersive the movie going experience, the more scared they will feel.

And I think you're also probably right that most people do feel uncomfortable watching the awkward teenager. It's likely the intent of the movie directors, so if they succeed the audience will feel that way. This may just be a quintessential example of me "unique-ing" myself, you know looking at an experience and thinking it's dramatically different for me than it is for most people (which is usually isn't). I may have a more acute sensitivity to some of those scenes, or a sensitivity to some scenes that aren't supposed to be scary or uncomfortable which was more of what I was trying to get at. I see a party in a movie, and react as if someone is chasing me with an ax.

But I think my post was very exaggerated. I'm mostly like everyone else most of the time :p

And I think you're also probably right that most people do feel uncomfortable watching the awkward teenager. It's likely the intent of the movie directors, so if they succeed the audience will feel that way. This may just be a quintessential example of me "unique-ing" myself, you know looking at an experience and thinking it's dramatically different for me than it is for most people (which is usually isn't). I may have a more acute sensitivity to some of those scenes, or a sensitivity to some scenes that aren't supposed to be scary or uncomfortable which was more of what I was trying to get at. I see a party in a movie, and react as if someone is chasing me with an ax.

But I think my post was very exaggerated. I'm mostly like everyone else most of the time :p
I think I understand. I didn't intend to make you feel ordinary though. Sorry :LOL: