Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

Hard to believe I'll be 27 next week. Which also reminds me that I've been on (and off) here nearly 10 years. :oops:

I'm not where I thought I'd be in 10 years, but I guess I can't complain too much. Currently sitting around in sweatpants eating pretzels is very fulfilling right now. I'm saving the world, damn it.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Hard to believe I'll be 27 next week. Which also reminds me that I've been on (and off) here nearly 10 years. :oops:

I'm not where I thought I'd be in 10 years, but I guess I can't complain too much. Currently sitting around in sweatpants eating pretzels is very fulfilling right now. I'm saving the world, damn it.

LOL

Twenty-seven... good Lord. :confused:

That makes me feel old.

bull.jpg

Phoenixx

I see colors with sound, especially when I'm listening to music, playing the drums. I also feel texture in my fingers and tongue when I look at things, even from a distance.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/synesthesia
That's so cool. I mean, I'm seriously having a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept though. Numbers are numbers, colors are colors, feelings are feelings, all in their own separate ways to me and I find it sad. Even as a person who's very intuitive, who can never describe why I know things or why I feel certain things, I just do, I feel like this is something that should also belong with me and it doesn't lol.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
That's so cool. I mean, I'm seriously having a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept though. Numbers are numbers, colors are colors, feelings are feelings, all in their own separate ways to me and I find it sad. Even as a person who's very intuitive, who can never describe why I know things or why I feel certain things, I just do, I feel like this is something that should also belong with me and it doesn't lol.
Yea the brain is an amazing thing isn't it. The way the brain - through genetics, DNA and external influences can end up wired in countless ways.

In regards to your experiences with feelings, knowing things etc, perhaps it does come under the "umbrella' of synesthesia? I mean, there a lot of generally defined 'crossovers' such as sound and colour but there is also many other things crossed over too, depending how your brain has evolved.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wonder if normal ("normal") people feel the same way watching horror movie chase scenes as I do watching high school party scenes in movies.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to horror movies (what's the worst that'll happen, you'll die?) but I imagine most people watching an ax murderer chasing someone down is like this "AHHH OMG RUN GENERIC BLONDE ACTRESS RUN OR THE AX MAN WILL GET YOU! RUUUUUUUN OR ELSE AAAAHHHH". Take that next to how I am when I am watching a party scene. While most people are like "oh cool, it's a party" I'm like "AHHH OMG WATCH OUT GENERIC AWKWARD TEENAGER, YOUR CLASSMATES MIGHT TALK TO YOU. YOU MAY THEN DO OR SAY SOMETHING AWKWARD OR EMBARESSING, AND FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE FOR...FOREVER! AHHHH!"

Or like, if the feared event actually happens. While Generic Blonde actress is being cut up by the ax murdered, normal ("normal") people are like "NOO, WHY *sobs* WHY! *Averts eyes from tv* SHE STILL HAD SO MUCH LIFE TO LIVE! SHE WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FOR...SOMETHING! *sobs* gone too soon :(". Again, compared to a party scene where the Generic Awkward Teenager goes up to the popular girl in school, awkwardly asks her out and gets rejected publicly and everyone in the party laughs as he runs out of the room crying - "Oh...oh god. *averts eyes from screen* What a sick mind this director must have to put such a terrible and horrid scene in a movie! *shivers* This is nightmare fuel. DISGUSTING, HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE FUEL. I will never sleep again."

Like, that seems comparable I think.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I wonder if normal ("normal") people feel the same way watching horror movie chase scenes as I do watching high school party scenes in movies.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to horror movies (what's the worst that'll happen, you'll die?) but I imagine most people watching an ax murderer chasing someone down is like this "AHHH OMG RUN GENERIC BLONDE ACTRESS RUN OR THE AX MAN WILL GET YOU! RUUUUUUUN OR ELSE AAAAHHHH". Take that next to how I am when I am watching a party scene. While most people are like "oh cool, it's a party" I'm like "AHHH OMG WATCH OUT GENERIC AWKWARD TEENAGER, YOUR CLASSMATES MIGHT TALK TO YOU. YOU MAY THEN DO OR SAY SOMETHING AWKWARD OR EMBARESSING, AND FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE FOR...FOREVER! AHHHH!"

Or like, if the feared event actually happens. While Generic Blonde actress is being cut up by the ax murdered, normal ("normal") people are like "NOO, WHY *sobs* WHY! *Averts eyes from tv* SHE STILL HAD SO MUCH LIFE TO LIVE! SHE WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FOR...SOMETHING! *sobs* gone too soon :(". Again, compared to a party scene where the Generic Awkward Teenager goes up to the popular girl in school, awkwardly asks her out and gets rejected publicly and everyone in the party laughs as he runs out of the room crying - "Oh...oh god. *averts eyes from screen* What a sick mind this director must have to put such a terrible and horrid scene in a movie! *shivers* This is nightmare fuel. DISGUSTING, HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE FUEL. I will never sleep again."

Like, that seems comparable I think.

I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the generic blonde girl and most people feel the same as you about the awkward teenager, because they can relate. I could be wrong, but I would be shocked.