Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

coyote

Social phobia World is now available on the Tap-A-Talk app on iPad - trying to get used to the navigation....

jaim38

13256_570552812988003_1874266373_n.jpg

Just found out today they named the royal baby George. Anybody remember George III back in the old revolutionary days? Deja vu!

I'm becoming more and more impatient with people that are so self destructive (on a physical/medical level) that they end up becoming intoxicating to others as well.

Survival is a accomplishment, not a natural right. It relies on effort, self exploration and making the best of what you got at any given time to the best of your ability. When someone is literally wasting away, and just sits around complaining about it and hoping someone will fix the problem for them, frustrates me to no end. Life in the modern world is drastically more convenient and easier than it was in the past.. and what it seems to do (amongst other assorted positive and negative things) is make us more delicate and less willing to do anything that is hard.

It's one of those things that makes me doubt the human race as a species, to the point where I barely want to associate myself with it.

LoyalXenite

Life in the modern world is drastically more convenient and easier than it was in the past.. and what it seems to do (amongst other assorted positive and negative things) is make us more delicate and less willing to do anything that is hard.

I agree there, i think that the technological advances have made people too lazy and used to having things done for them effortlessly. I am guilty of such things, i am overweight and unfit, but im currently making lifestyle changes to fix that.

Ithior

With my sister going to Holland today for a year to do her master's, I'll be staying at home with my mum and grandma.

My mum is a very stressed person and I also think she feels very lonely. As such, I feel that with my sister away I have to stay here with her. I decided not to do my master's this year because I wanted to figure out what I actually wanted to do, but now I feel tied down because of my mum. I feel like I won't be able to take the most out of this gap year, since unemployment is really high in this country (thus it'll be hard to find temporary jobs/paid internships) and I can't just change between many jobs until I find what I like. If I found something outside my city I wouldn't be able to take it since that would mean my mum would be alone most of the time.

I guess it's normal for the sons to take care of their parents when they're older, but while my mum only had to take care of my grandma at 50 (and so she has already had plenty of time to live her own life), I'm only 20, and with SA I haven't been able to live my own life yet. I don't want to spend the rest of my life not doing what I want because of SA and because I have to take care of my mum.

If I could choose, I'd live alone in some apartment. But it looks like I don't really have a choice.

Ithior

It really bothers me that my dad can only think of things in terms of money or how they contribute to your curriculum.

For example, he knows a friend of mine went abroad for a week (1000€ just for the flights) to learn more about a school of economics you don't really hear about in this country, and all my dad asks is if there are employers looking for people with that sort of knowledge.

In my case, he knows I don't know what I want to do yet, I'm still trying to figure out what career I'd like to pursue. So he just mentions jobs that would get me money. He knows I don't like politics, yet he suggested that I should become a political consultant because they earn a lot of money.

Flanscho

Had a nice day today. At noon I met up with a friend. I know her since years from movie evenings, board game evenings, festivals, birthday parties and whatnot, but we never met up to do something together. Today we did. We spent most of the day crafting book planters:

design-happens-book-planter-bloom600x350.jpg

After that, I met with some people in front of a pub to play the cardgame Doppelkopf. Did so until 11 pm. Made second place of five people, so, not too bad.

AGR

How does one measure his height accurately?
I have always thought I was 1,69 or 5'6,but two people who dont even talk with each other said that I am wrong and I am around 1,72cm/1,73cm or 5'7 and something, because they themselves are 1,69cm,why you can weight yourself anywhere,but you cant measure your height.........