Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

JuiceB

How does one measure his height accurately?
I have always thought I was 1,69 or 5'6,but two people who dont even talk with each other said that I am wrong and I am around 1,72cm/1,73cm or 5'7 and something, because they themselves are 1,69cm,why you can weight yourself anywhere,but you cant measure your height.........
I wouldn't know how to self-measure myself either. I recently learned that I'm an inch taller than I thought I was - 6'3.

One of my goals and sources of motivation to continue living sometimes is simply to be able to say I'm in the top percentage of healthy individuals for people my age. It's something I can (quietly) be proud of, and it will show without me even saying anything. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it so that when I'm in my 30's, 40's, 50's, I will have years of healthful eating and exercise habits that will have added up. Unlike most of my peers :p

I also want to see my little brother and sister grow up. I want to see what kind of men and women they will be, what they will look like. I want to see them off to college, etc.

I want to see how technology progresses over my lifetime. How the food industry changes as well.

When I'm feeling depressed this stuff reminds me of the things I have to look forward to (and then some, hopefully - I wouldn't think these are going to be the ONLY things I have to look forward to!)

Lea

Banned
One of my goals and sources of motivation to continue living sometimes is simply to be able to say I'm in the top percentage of healthy individuals for people my age. It's something I can (quietly) be proud of, and it will show without me even saying anything. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it so that when I'm in my 30's, 40's, 50's, I will have years of healthful eating and exercise habits that will have added up. Unlike most of my peers :p

I also want to see my little brother and sister grow up. I want to see what kind of men and women they will be, what they will look like. I want to see them off to college, etc.

I want to see how technology progresses over my lifetime. How the food industry changes as well.

When I'm feeling depressed this stuff reminds me of the things I have to look forward to (and then some, hopefully - I wouldn't think these are going to be the ONLY things I have to look forward to!)

Just make sure there is no war or anything. This world is going to hell.

I would rather not see how technology processes.

Koime

It's been a year and a half so why do I still love someone who hurt me, who I haven't even talked to this whole time? I don't get it.

Ithior

Oh well, my dad is pissed at my mum so he's going to stop coming home for dinner and he'll only come in the middle of the afternoon when my mum isn't around, to talk to my grandma.

I thought I was finally going to get more alone time now that my sister is studying abroad for a year, but I guess I'm back to square one.

Edit: I take that back, apparently my mum told my dad that he was forbidden from coming here.
I'll try to do something like eating dinner with my dad some nights or something, it's pretty boring having dinner with just my mum and grandma and at the same time I can keep my alone time.

Last edited:

springk

This day should not turn into a disaster..there are signs of it.
I have to wake up; take control, not let my mood/ faulty thinking take control of me.

Phoenixx

I'm just realizing how much I didn't learn when taking a Job Strategies course in college last year. I still have no idea how to type a resume, not that I have a whole lot to type on it anyway. Google doesn't seem to be helping me right now. Actually my brain is starting to stall because I don't know what to do.

hidwell

^I totally agree! :sad:

attachment.php

Odo

Banned
The fact that the word filter puts ****'s whenever you type the words ****yze or ****ysis makes the words seem a lot less innocuous than they actually are.

Flanscho

So, when I was younger, my SA was bad. It was really bad. When I did an internship at some company, in my early 20s, my boss took me one morning to the side and told me that I shouldn't smoke weed before work. oO I don't smoke weed. I don't smoke anything. I don't drink any alcohol either. But my SA was so bad, that I became more and more apathetic the more nervous I became. And there are more such stories.

But, over time, it got better. Much better. I can now go to parties and barbecues without worrying. I also go to several festivals a year with buddies, and it's great.

But what's not great is job interviews. They make me nervous. Very nervous. Now, I applied at a company some time ago, and they invited me for a job interview. The first interview was ok. It was just about "do we like you, do you fit in", character and social stuff. What made me most nervous was, that a woman from a headhunting company was sitting nearby to watch my every move. But, I know what they like to hear, and I know what to say, so that was ok.
But, I passed that interview, unlike some other people that applied. And they invited me again, for the technical stuff. So, I'm a programmer, so I brought program code along. Again, the headhunter woman was nearby, and I was even more nervous. Because now they were checking my skills, and taking a close look, while I'm there. They'd test me, ask me questions, and so on. And I was very, very nervous. But I passed.

And they invited me for a practice day. I'll be at that company for one day. I won't be able to do that much, because, in this job type, a lot of it is at first to get into the systems they use and find your place there, to see how everything works. And, I'm scared shitless. I'm so scared, that I had nightmares about it in the night from saturday to sunday. I mean, not bad thoughts while I'm awake, but real nightmares. I had, on saturday evening, a silent migraine attack because of the stress of the practice day. A part of myself says "they saw your code, you never lied about anything, you told them what you know and what you don't, you passed already two interviews. Things will be alright."
But in the back of my mind, I dread the next day. The thought of being put in front of a computer, being told to use a certain system, and having a blackout, is... It's just horrible. Having the boss of that company show up to see my progress, and for some reason nothing, plain nothing works... It's an utter nightmare.
I don't even need that job that badly. There are enough possible jobs here in town. This town is big. And even if there wouldn't, I could get back into other programming languages once learned and apply for dozens of other jobs in this city. And I also get unemployment money for more than half a year anyway. But still...

valeriaa

I wasn't sure where to vent my thoughts until I found this one.
To start off I'm not 100% sure I have SA, I think I do bc I feel awkward around people I don't know/am not comfortable around and when they speak to me I turn bright red in the face. Yes I blush excessively. I avoid speaking to people unless I really have to because I don't want to blush. Then when people point out that I'm blushing, I turn even redder. Sometimes I think if I didn't blush that I'd be okay with social situations. I don't like being so see through. Lately I think it's a confidence issue, I never thought that I had a problem w confidence until now. I'm trying to narrow down and reach the root of the problem. Someone help, any advice is welcome. Thanks

Odo

Banned
I wish that there were some way to positively affirm that you've read someone's post and agree or at least show that you have read it without the need to give a considered response.

Like a thumbs up or something.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I wish that there were some way to positively affirm that you've read someone's post and agree or at least show that you have read it without the need to give a considered response.

Like a thumbs up or something.

There used to be. For a while this board had a version of the dot reputation system. Unfortunately, people abused it and used it to send anonymous unpleasant messages--so it went away.