Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Digging a splinter out of a kids foot, they squirm and cry when they see me get a needle but calm down and be still when i use my knife blade.... what's up with that?

Digging a splinter out of a kids foot, they squirm and cry when they see me get a needle but calm down and be still when i use my knife blade.... what's up with that?

Maybe it's the subconscious association with injection shots. Even though a knife is far more dangerous, unless they've been shanked, they wouldn't really see that as an pain inducing object. To them that's probably just ''Dad's radical knife blade™.''

Maybe they are afraid to get stabbed? haha!

Evidently so. I wish they had more trust in me. :sad:

Maybe it's the subconscious association with injection shots. Even though a knife is far more dangerous, unless they've been shanked, they wouldn't really see that as an pain inducing object. To them that's probably just ''Dad's radical knife blade™.''

Maybe so. I didn't think of the association with shots. Maybe it's just my adult mind being the way that it is, but they see me sharpen my knife on a stone every Sunday afternoon until it shaves hair on my arm but the needle stays put up until it's time to dig out splinters or pop blisters. Even still, a 3 inch blade vs a needle???

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
1656408_10152289742375350_583700303_n.jpg

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Wow I really have chaos following me around. I went for a bike ride to try and get rid of the bad vibes, one jogger threw herself in front of my bike (she really did - she was running straight then made a sudden 90 degree turn to nowhere just when I was passing her), and 10 mins later this other guy on roller blade just... fell on the ground when I passed him. I'm doomed.

On a totally unrelated subject, I wonder if coffee can get bad in a thermos. I have this habit of putting coffee in a thermos in the morning and sometimes it takes me all day to drink it. I don't think it tastes bad though... like microwaved coffee

Lavinialuna

Wow I really have chaos following me around. I went for a bike ride to try and get rid of the bad vibes, one jogger threw herself in front of my bike (she really did - she was running straight then made a sudden 90 degree turn to nowhere just when I was passing her), and 10 mins later this other guy on roller blade just... fell on the ground when I passed him. I'm doomed.

On a totally unrelated subject, I wonder if coffee can get bad in a thermos. I have this habit of putting coffee in a thermos in the morning and sometimes it takes me all day to drink it. I don't think it tastes bad though... like microwaved coffee

The coffee is probably okay.
About the bad juju, maybe it's out of your system (and your path) now. Hope so!

jaim38

I went to the second funeral this year. I was really anxious when I had to go up in front of so many people and do stuff. I was shaking a bit when standing, so when we finally sit down, I was relieved. It was scary alright.

One of the things I planned to do was confront some of my cousins and ask them why they don't like me, but then I thought about the purpose of the funeral and just didn't do it. I wasn't sure if I should be discussing the topic of "why you don't like me" at someone else's funeral. So, I was wishy washy throughout, wanted to find the right time to do it but then couldn't. At one time, smoke from the incense was so intense that it made my eyes tear up. There was one time when my aunt asked me to ride with the cousins, but I declined the offer because I don't want to look like I'm getting a free ride from them. I already rode with them once and that didn't work out. Plus, there were like 5 people in the van, and if I get in, I would have to squeeze in or something.

All in all, I am glad I came to the funeral and was brave enough to walk in front of a whole group of people without fainting. But, one thing I regret is not approaching my cousins. Maybe next time, at a more appropriate time.

Lavinialuna

I went to the second funeral this year. I was really anxious when I had to go up in front of so many people and do stuff. I was shaking a bit when standing, so when we finally sit down, I was relieved. It was scary alright.

One of the things I planned to do was confront some of my cousins and ask them why they don't like me, but then I thought about the purpose of the funeral and just didn't do it. I wasn't sure if I should be discussing the topic of "why you don't like me" at someone else's funeral. So, I was wishy washy throughout, wanted to find the right time to do it but then couldn't. At one time, smoke from the incense was so intense that it made my eyes tear up. There was one time when my aunt asked me to ride with the cousins, but I declined the offer because I don't want to look like I'm getting a free ride from them. I already rode with them once and that didn't work out. Plus, there were like 5 people in the van, and if I get in, I would have to squeeze in or something.

All in all, I am glad I came to the funeral and was brave enough to walk in front of a whole group of people without fainting. But, one thing I regret is not approaching my cousins. Maybe next time, at a more appropriate time.
I don't know what your family dynamic is or how close you are to them, but from the experience at the last funeral if it were me I wouldn't bother trying to figure them out. It was shameful the way they sent you and your mom to the wrong restaurant. Who cares why they don't like you. You have every right to attend family functions, but don't give them the time of day. Seek to spend time with people who deserve your attention.

Lavinialuna

I seriously hate to complain, but my back still isn't any better. It's been like 5 days since it has been acting up and it hasn't really improved. I am wondering if I blew a disc or something? Dr's don't usually seem to know anything about this stuff and will probably want to do a bunch of expensive tests. Should I wait, or go to the chiropractor or something, or just buck up and go to the Dr? (I have white coat syndrome- aka fear of Dr.s)

planemo

couldn't agree more

I seriously hate to complain, but my back still isn't any better. It's been like 5 days since it has been acting up and it hasn't really improved. I am wondering if I blew a disc or something? Dr's don't usually seem to know anything about this stuff and will probably want to do a bunch of expensive tests. Should I wait, or go to the chiropractor or something, or just buck up and go to the Dr? (I have white coat syndrome- aka fear of Dr.s)

It could be a slipped disc or perhaps even a problem with a nerve. when i picked up something really heavy i think i did some damage to a disc, but after a few days it went away. i found applying heat to it worked the best. occasionally doing more heavy lifting brings a bit of pain but nothing serious. i know when the pain was at it's worst, it was terrible.

the problem with back pain is that you don't want it to become chronic, so perhaps you should see a doc, even though i understand it's a difficult thing. i hope you find a solution soon.

MollyBeGood

I am the same. I hurt myself at work a few yrs ago and the pain was so bad in my back I passed out. I couldn't go to the doc if I wanted too- I couldn't move! That was so scary, the worst pain of my life! I lifted this box that was waaay to heavy for me(it was full of chains and other construction crap) which is how I did it. It was on a counter top so I didn't realize I couldn't hold it till it was too late, and was carrying it. It was maybe 2 days later till the thing had me laying on the floor unconscious though, which was weird, the delay...I was so thankful my neighbor was a doctor and she was super cool and got me some pain meds without seeing me(it was a Saturday of course, she gave me a prescription over the phone which they never do) then when I felt a bit better I went in and she said I just ripped a muscle in my lower back. Gave me a prescription of steroids and some more pain meds. I was so happy it wasn't a disc! My dad had that happen to him and it looked brutal. Please get into the doctor is my point with this. You really can't mess with your back. You will feel better afterwards, and I bet it's nothing but a pulled muscle like mine. Heat and ice help too like Planemo says and Epson salt baths. A little wine gets me relaxed and helps the pain too :) Keep us posted!

Here's a Yoga lady instructor from Ireland that has a lot of great stretches for back pain, I also recommend doing these.She has them for all areas of the back-not sure if your pain is upper or lower.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06WYKCfdAn4&list=PL83pNJow7EoOsHDoCxfpaKt13NRzrlxON

Last edited:
People who complain about the same things over and over and over again really get on my nerves. Why ask for advice when you only want to argue with the people you ask for it or ignore them completely after you ask for advice? Why ask for advice when you don't take it and next week or next month you complain about the same stuff all over again? :kickingmyself:

Last edited:

Whoopdeedoo

This will be here forever
Cybermark
This will be her forever
In Cyberspace
What a strange thought
Virtual linsomniac sleepwalker life