Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I finally have people to hang out with, but I realized that it means very little to me because I'm not close with any of them and often feel uncomfortable; I'd rather just stay home, where I am comfortable.

Acquaintances/"friends" are easy to make... close friends are a mystery to me now. I used to have at least one but I seem unable to make them in person now. I'd rather just be with my family than some people who don't care if I'm there or not. But when my family seems impossible to deal with and I want to get away, I have no one else to turn to. I have this horrible feeling I will eventually end up all alone and depressed. I hope I can manage to not let that happen.

Last edited:
How to Like Yourself

1. Cultivate self-acceptance. That means you accept yourself for who you are right now. It means you don’t say things like “I would accept myself if … or … I’ll accept myself when.”
2. Stop going over all things you’ve done wrong, the mistakes you’ve made, and your (perceived) inadequacies.
3. Where there’s something in your past that you feel bad about say: “This is what I learned from that situation … And that was THEN and this is NOW.”
4. Don’t compare yourself to others . Instead notice the areas where you’ve grown and changed. Deliberately praise and focus on those positive changes.
5. Don’t fall into the trap of judging others – as that will often lead to being self-critical.

How to Like Yourself
^ Great advice there, kihira. Do you know of any articles that help to erase the hate that a person may feel for themselves because they have failed at efforts to change?:idontknow:

^ Great advice there, kihira. Do you know of any articles that help to erase the hate that a person may feel for themselves because they have failed at efforts to change?:idontknow:

Change can happen so gradually that you may not realise that it is happening, so don't give up!

This link is from the same blog with posts tagged "self-hatred" - it repeats some so ignore the duplicates
COUNSELLING BLOG

Didn't sleep again, and now my body seems to be Hell bent on dying. Not so fast, body-buddy. That's a bad body. I'm not being killed by nobody, body.

No excuse me while I get all the coffee..

When I was chasing her through the house, my cat frantically stuffed herself into an open shoebox in a desperate attempt to seek shelter :giggle:

(we were playing, just in case anyone was concerned I was terrorizing my cat :p )

jimmy75

Looking forward to drinking beer tomorrow after almost two weeks without it. I've recently had a short stay in a psychiatric hospital and god, I missed alcohol.