How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm pretty angry and wish to confront two people for how they are and what they are doing. I'm nice to everyone and I don't understand wtf is wrong with them when I did nothing wrong to them.

Nicole, ah can relate there, darlin'. That's how ah actually feel about confrontin' ma oldest sister. But ma mum thinks there's nae point huvin' the verbal confrontation after the fact of what's been said, ie the repeatition of a racist joke at the expense of ma appearance more than once. Oh, well... guess ah just huv tae accept it. :sad:

But then am also too nice tae folk, even when people treat me like shite.

nicole1

Nicole, ah can relate there, darlin'. That's how ah actually feel about confrontin' ma oldest sister. But ma mum thinks there's nae point huvin' the verbal confrontation after the fact of what's been said, ie the repeatition of a racist joke at the expense of ma appearance more than once. Oh, well... guess ah just huv tae accept it. :sad:

But then am also too nice tae folk, even when people treat me like shite.

From experience, it's not worth it. If people try to rile you up, showing you're angry only fuels their fire, it seems. And the racist jokes...those do suck and Idk how to express that to people.

My bit is with my older sister as well and with an in law who will treat me bad to relate to my older sister. Siblings ruin holidays! I was in a positive mood but she was mad for some reason. And I try oh so hard to be kind, welcoming, and helpful. I've tried for years to have a positive relationship with her.

I recently got good news and this was such a blow. I'm still happy, but this sits on my shoulders. How can I let it go?

Graeme1988

From experience, it's not worth it. If people try to rile you up, showing you're angry only fuels their fire, it seems. And the racist jokes...those do suck and Idk how to express that to people.

Really? So better showin' no reaction - not laugh once, just Resting Bitch Face the whole time. Face firmly in "screen saver mode" - even when ah get a wee nudge on ma elbow, turn ma head and the same racist joke - same setup, different stereotype - said at ma expense. Ma sister laughin' in ma face, like it's the funniest joke ever to be utter.

Even though, it makes me feel more really uncomfortable on account of of mixed race ethnicity - ma muther's Scottish & ma dad was a two litre of Coca Cola. Naw, just kiddin - he was African, actually...

Ah guess am just gettin' fed up with havin' to fake laugh with her, even she says the joke. All the while knowin' that it's just not funny when she says it.

Believe am biting ma tongue when she says it because ma comedy brain kicks in & starts thinkin' up hundreds of funnier comeback lines ah could use, but choose not to. Because that be going too far, better let hear think she's funny, rather than to contradict that her belief by upstagin' her.

Or better yet, just would an explaination as to why and in what comedic context comparin' ma appearance to that of racist stereotype is funny when said by a white person (my sister) in a deadpan tone of voice, like snide remark?

Ah mean, when ma other sister comes to visit. Aye, then they'll intentionally try to rile ma angry, ma mum included. Just hear me make off-the-cuff insults or tell them tae "F**k off! Away 'n' bile yer heid!" in a tone that denote indifference. Or hear me come out wi' some amusing off-the-cuff insult that's never been said before. But ah just calmly walk away to ma room and crank ma stereo up to 11, to reference the comedy film Spinal Tap.

Ye see ma point, right?

MikeyC

Went out to Sydney to see a live band. Now it's 3am and my ears are ringing, but it was really fun to get out and dance a little bit. :)

I do believe it's time for bed now, though.

Graeme1988

Feel like diving into the abyss.

Been watchin' that James Cameron movie again, haven't ya? :giggle:

Well in case, don't forget divin' equipment. Scuba mask, an oxygen tank n' aw that other stuff. Jokin', nae offense intended. :bigsmile:[/I]

Hope ye feel better soon, hidewell? :thumbup: (And if ah just offended ya with what ah just said, there. My apologies, mate. Sorry)

dottie

As far as my job goes: relieved Christmas is over. :cool:

How do my caps look? OK...? idk caps feel wrong... they aren't me...

SilentBird

Really? Or better yet, just would an explaination as to why and in what comedic context comparin' ma appearance to that of racist stereotype is funny when said by a white person (my sister) in a deadpan tone of voice, like snide remark?

What a nasty piece of work your half-sister is. You are even kind enough to refer to her as your sister without the half when she behaves like this. And I like the idea of you doing your own thread. You definitely are talented, the way you write about your experiences, not at all dull. I could imagine you doing your own music and comedy show.

Graeme1988

What a nasty piece of work your half-sister is. You are even kind enough to refer to her as your sister without the half when she behaves like this.

Aw, f**k, am sorry. Would clueless egg c*nt, c*nt-features or Tweedledumbf**k. Or f**kin' mingemope, be more appropriate? Eh?

Aye, well, ma mum doesnae like when we aw argue. Yellin' at each other, slammin' doors. Aggressively swearing. Bawlin' n' cryin' our eyes with temper.

It's make The Simpsons look wholesome by comparison. So there's no alot ah can do, really. Just awkwardly, avoid eye contact when she attempts* to be funny. (*Attempts... F**k! That implies she got potential to be funny) Ah just do this, mentally: :eek:mg: And think up funnier jokes - that are y'know: FUNNY! Or harsh, brutal putdowns ah don't huv the ghoulies to articulate, or say aloud.

Just go to ma happy place.

But ah mean, if those are the kinda jokes she finds funny, then fine. Who um ah, tae complain? Do what you think is funny, right? She's from a different generation. It's obviously still early 1970s Britain in her mind. Since I'm roughly 20 years younger than her...

And comedy in the UK durin' the early part of the 1970s, that wuz when ye could make still jokes about "My mother-in-law..."; and be more openly racist and make awful jokes about "Pakis" *, African, Asian & Carribbean people (especially Jamicans) - all without consequence. Because, it was just a joke.

* I merely givin' an example here. No' bein' racist.

Y'know, before the whole alternative comedy & satire boom of the late 70s and much of the 80s. Anyway... f**k knows why am geein' youse lot a short f**kin' history lesson on British comedy? Oh, that right, am makin' point aboot jokes. So, as ah wuz sayin'...

Ma oldest step-sibling also still thinks quite highly of me, y'know. Still think we're friends - we've still got a good relationship. So me gettin' mad at her over a racist joke. She'd probably stop talkin' to me. Even though, it's hur who cannae seem tae understand or comprehend - whatever the buck that means? - that just because ah laughed at the joke once. That doesnae mean it'll get the same response a 2nd time or 4th time or 5th...

An believe me, had it been ma other half-sister - who's also mixed race like me - on the receiving end of the oldest yin's racist jokes. She'd be huvin' none of it. Ye see, ma other step-sister is very a tempramental person. In so much, as she's got a temper and she's f**kin' mental. We're alike in that sense. :sarcastic: And prone to confrontation if summit unacceptable has be said.

"What ye say that for? No, what'd ya say it? C'mon, explain" Or if she doesnae think or "get" what you've just said and laughed. She demands to know why you think it's funny. And ye better huv a good argument and/or reason. In comedy terms, she's a heckler's heckler, if you will. Because she doesnae take any shit from naebody. Is very outspoken and she knows karate.

Confrontation's somethin' that's outta character for a quiet, reserved, introverted lad like me.

Mibbe next time she say a racist joke at ma expense, ah should say summit like: "Your comedy IQ huz'nae quite surpassed yer shoe size yet, has it?"

And I like the idea of you doing your own thread. You definitely are talented, the way you write about your experiences, not at all dull. I could imagine you doing your own music and comedy show.

Ah, music 'n' comedy. Above medicore at one (the guitar), and unintentionally hilarious at the other (comedy)
. Ah mean, ah can play the guitar reasonable well. Though, am pure shite, if am honest, at guitar solos.

And comedy... Ach! Well, squeeze ma co(c)k & call me Nancy! That's nae bother tae likes ah me. Well, the laughs just come naturally, anyway. Especially when you've got a unique, whimsical, sweary native language & dialect. And an accent like Shrek... and yer talkin' to Americans*. Though, in fairness, we Scots can and do talk at a helluva speed withoot, seemingly, takin' a single breath to pause.

(*If ye didnae take umbrage - offense - at that... ye didnae get implication o' the joke) ;)

Got any ideas for ma own thread? Because ah need help wi' that. Like, eh... a title, perhaps? Also, am no' sure youse want tae hear ma life story - as ah said, it's no' exactly a happy story and the laughs. Well, some incidents are only laugh-out-loud funny, retro-spec-tively.*

*Nae idea why ah broken word up tae 3 syllables? Comic affect? :idontknow: What a f**kin' knob!

springk

I realize i don't have anything to offer to this world..neither this place can offer me anything..so what do i do?
Tired of talking meaninglessly when i want to call spade a spade..tired of being misunderstood.
Why on earth was i born this way..i wonder if there is anyone who is like me..who can feel what i feel. My life is nothing but a joke..i bet a cruel one.

Graeme1988

Like a gay midget at a lesbian funeral. Naw, just jokin'. :ironicsmile: Uh, actually and in all seriousness. Am stumbled fur ideas, in terms of startin' ma own thread on here. :idontknow: