How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

I spent a bit of time trying to talk myself out of my phone interview, seeing as I have been so ridiculously unproductive for the last few yrs and I am awful about talking myself up to anyone. I even said to myself, Yes well i am basically catatonic haa I love to put myself down, will you please give me a job-no.

But low and behold, I had done my homework and I knew how to speak to this particular person, as I had read up about him and how he likes to operate so I had enough ability to say all the right things and quickly even with out any long pauses or stuttering sounding like an idiot...like I usually do in these sort of situations of fear..

I got him to like me in the first 5 mins and I didn't have to think, he's just being nice b/c he wants to sleep with me etc.. b/c it was a phone thing and he has no idea what I look like.

So I have a job doing something exciting with potential for growth. I am going to enjoy this victory damn it!!!

Happy Holidays everyone.
^ Yay that's awesome! Congrats to you!! :D

I'm just having a hard time reintegrating into the forum after being away for so long. I feel like I'm back where I started when I first joined: alone in a crowd, afraid to reach out. Of course, I know a lot of people here now, but it seems as if some of them don't know me anymore or don't want to. It's probably just the SA talking, filling my spongy head with crap. It'll pass. Maybe.
^ I understand how that is. After taking a few hiatuses myself earlier this year and last when I was busy with college, I had a bit of a hard time reintegrating myself back into the forum too. No matter how long you're away though, you're always welcome back here and we're glad you're back. :)

I'm feeling really good this morning. I had a great day yesterday, and I love this time of year anyway. I hope each and every one of you has an amazing holiday because you all deserve it! :thumbup:

GraybeardGhost

glad you're back, jack :thumbup:
Thanks, Dotz! I'm glad you're still here, too. :)
ugh. comparison. feeling inadequate. tis the season.
If you stand your shortcomings up against other peoples strengths, as many of us tend to do, you're bound to come up short. It's like comparing a lion to a slug. If you match strength to strength—lion to lion—you may find that you get a very different result. Inadequate? Not the Dottie I know. You're anything but.

So I have a job doing something exciting with potential for growth. I am going to enjoy this victory damn it!!!
:applause: Well done, April!

Is it just me, or does that clappy guy look stoned?

GraybeardGhost

I understand how that is. After taking a few hiatuses myself earlier this year and last when I was busy with college, I had a bit of a hard time reintegrating myself back into the forum too. No matter how long you're away though, you're always welcome back here and we're glad you're back. :):

Thank you, Phoenixx. :)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Is it just me, or does that clappy guy look stoned?

Naw, ah thought the same thing. Though, in fairness, to be clappin' the way he does, he'd huv tae be stoned. Plus, the wee man's no' hud a pupil in his eyes fur aboot 9 months, or longer :bigsmile:

Am no' daein' too well the day, woke up on the wrong side o' ma bed. So in "F*** OFF!" kinda mood the day, as a result.

MikeyC

I'm feeling really good this morning. I had a great day yesterday, and I love this time of year anyway. I hope each and every one of you has an amazing holiday because you all deserve it! :thumbup:
I hate this time of year. ::p: Only good thing is upcoming time off. Maybe I'm just a Grinch, though.

You deserve it, Phoenixx. You're having more and more great days and that is outstanding. :perfect:

Phoenixx

I hate this time of year. ::p: Only good thing is upcoming time off. Maybe I'm just a Grinch, though.

You deserve it, Phoenixx. You're having more and more great days and that is outstanding. :perfect:
^ It's okay, we're all Grinches in some way or another. :bigsmile: (The fact that I detest Christmas music and most holiday movies makes me a bit of a Grinch too.)

Thanks much, Mikey. :)

Congratulations, April Snow. That is a really great Christmas gift! :) And a great way to start the New Year - a new job you're excited about.

Kiwong

I'm more of a Jacob Marley or Ebenezer.

JuiceB

Surprised. One of my youngest nephews bought me a video game for Christmas. I haven't had a gift for Christmas since he was a baby.

jaim38

Feeling very pissed this morning. I woke up from a nightmare that I'd rather not have. My parents said merry christmas to me but I only made a sound in response, didn't reciprocate, because I was in a bad mood. My Christmas is off to a bad start.

Phoenixx

Feeling very pissed this morning. I woke up from a nightmare that I'd rather not have. My parents said merry christmas to me but I only made a sound in response, didn't reciprocate, because I was in a bad mood. My Christmas is off to a bad start.
^ I'm sorry to hear this, jaim. Hope the rest of your day is better!

This has to be the most memorable Christmas of my life! I'm glad I survived it. :)
^ Happy to hear it! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Kiwong

I love my pet bird so much, I speak to her when she is not there. "Look at that sunset, Lenny, or, I'm coming home, little bird." On Lord Howe Island, I lost my camera, I put it down near a rock amongst the strandline grassland, and I was heartbroken, my camera means that much to me. Then I found it and I was suddenly so happy. "I found it Lenny," I said, It's going to be OK, miss you little mate." Apparently when she was staying at the Pet resort when I was on Lord Howe, she started to get excited at about 5:00pm, right on dusk, about the time I found my camera, the time I was speaking to her, the time when I am usually about to get home from work. A bird the most consistently enthusiastic and positive thing in my life.

With people it's too much like four seasons in one day. Too complicated, too frightening, too confusing. People terrify me.

Running is something I understand, as close as I can get to the sensation of flying.

Last edited: