How are you feeling?

MikeyC

i feel depressed. i am not living a life completely parallel with my values. i value freedom, being self-employed, not being a slave.

but i am a slave. wake up at 7:15 am every day and do the same, hollow, soulless doings until 5:30ish pm (or later, until they give me permission to leave). i am a completely their slave. i am owned. no soul. no joy. no life. i sit in a florescent lit room with no windows and a supervisor who sits across from me and stares. this is someone i've little respect for. yes, she is polite enough to me now... but she acted in horrid ways i cannot forget. she is not someone i enjoy working with, let alone working under. i only stay at this place in hopes of attaining health insurance and the fact i don't have to deal with customer service.

because of my slavery and lack of freedom... i am depressed. i feel ineffective, socially impotent. i used to have these dreams where i was SO ANGRY but when i went to punch the offender with all of my might... my punch went slow-mo and soft. it was like grazing their face gently with a feather. these dreams seem indicative of how i feel in real life.

i am grateful for what i have created... a safe roof over my head, clean running water, a kitchen, etc... i just loathe being a slave for it and wonder is it worth it. i feel i'm worth so much more money, health insurance, etc. i don't know. i just needed to get this off my chest. that's all.
I hear you, dottie. It sucks. ::(:

KiaKaha

Banned
All this talk of appearances and looks and what not is making me feel depressed.
I wish I *felt* attractive - even though I dont think I am (and I have suspicions as to why I think that way too - although naturally no one is going to come outright and tell me I am ugly - so it's only suspicions) - I just wish I could *delude* myself into feeling confident about my appearance - if only for the sheer fact of making me feel OK about it all - rather than feeling constantly handicapped and self conscious of my lack of sex appeal and looks.

ra ra ra.. etc.

MikeyC

All this talk of appearances and looks and what not is making me feel depressed.
I wish I *felt* attractive - even though I dont think I am (and I have suspicions as to why I think that way too - although naturally no one is going to come outright and tell me I am ugly - so it's only suspicions) - I just wish I could *delude* myself into feeling confident about my appearance - if only for the sheer fact of making me feel OK about it all - rather than feeling constantly handicapped and self conscious of my lack of sex appeal and looks.

ra ra ra.. etc.
I think you're a better-looking bloke than I am. Just a personal opinion.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well... I self-harmed yesterday evening. So, I've kinda relapsed - so to speak.

Feeling ashamed of myself. Hopefully I won't fall back into old patterns. ::(:

Nathália

ra ra ra.. etc.

I think you're a better-looking bloke than I am. Just a personal opinion.

You're both gorgeous. Kia you look like skinny / very adorable Bruce Willis? Mikey, you look like a model especially when you smile. Win-win.

Well... I self-harmed yesterday evening. So, I've kinda relapsed - so to speak.

Feeling ashamed of myself. Hopefully I won't fall back into old patterns. ::(:

::(: Sorry Graeme that you feel so sad, it's okay. You have no one around to talk to? Aw friend, you're a sweet person. I wish something I could say would help. Just fight it, the best you can.

im feeling like a loser

But, you're not one. I read your other post and know you may feel alone; anxiety can be terrible.

Hurtin' all over, and I have to go out this afternoon. Bleah.

That sucks, I hope your pain calm down. Sorry.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
::(: Sorry Graeme that you feel so sad, it's okay. You have no one around to talk to? Aw friend, you're a sweet person. I wish something I could say would help. Just fight it, the best you can.

Thanks for the compliment. But other than restarting my CBT sessions, I have no-one to really talk to. I mean, besides here, of course. Don't really open up to my family much, since they have a tendency to overreact.

I cancelled my therapist appointment. My allergies are on the fritz and I just want to lay in bed and relax. I've got my orange juice, my box of kleenex, and my cat to cuddle with. I'm good to go.

Invisibleman

God I hate it when you try to be nice to people and they are just idiots. Its really what makes me resent the general public.

I went to apply for a job earlier and the girl at the counter was a massvie bitch to me. I walked in,she was reading a freakin magazine. I put on a big smile im like "Hello and good morning" She looks up with the most blank expression before uttering "huh?" "I said hello..." "What do you want?" "you guys are hiring rig-" " mmmmm hmmmm" *glances back at magazine* "So I can hand in my resu-" *snatches it and puts it aside while still glancing at her magazine* I said goodbye she just said "yup"

She acts like its a f**king chore,you cant put a sign up saying "Now Hiring"

and not expect for people to come in and look for a job.To think shes the manager. Real professional:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Phoenixx

^ You and I both. I've been feeling exceptionally self conscious recently, and having a mirrored class in yoga isn't helping any. Very rarely have I ever fully felt confident in how I look and it really just sucks feeling like I want to wear a paper bag over my head all the time, not to mention people have called me "ugly" before. I can say though, Kia, you really are a good looking dude and I hope someday you can truly see that and believe it.

I'm feeling pretty down right now, and exhausted. I've had too much socialization the last two days. Well, I guess not so much socialization as just being around so many people. I'm tired of people. (that does not include you guys here) I need some alone time.

I cancelled my therapist appointment. My allergies are on the fritz and I just want to lay in bed and relax. I've got my orange juice, my box of kleenex, and my cat to cuddle with. I'm good to go.

That makes two of us :/

The house I live in is pretty old, so I'm thinking that might be contributing to the allergies, with the probable mold/dust lurking in microscopic corners... or something. Does that makes any sense?

I've been sneezing like I have a cold, but I don't. I've also been waking up with headaches almost every morning, and they feel like sinus headaches.

Do you think it's because of the shift in seasons? I've heard that tends to aggravate allergies regardless of what season it's going into.

x Will x

Feeling worried:/ going back to halls in 3 days and have 5 new flatmates to get to know:( hope it goes well...

Starry

Broody... A catalogue of reduced price primary school/educational equipment came through the door today... Just looking at it made me want children so much... I want to teach them and love them... But we've already decided not to have children... We have no room and getting a bigger place is out of the question, not to mention my anxieties and how we feel about the world... But knowing how bad the world is for a child and knowing how I would react negatively to so many things doesn't help take the broodiness away...*Sigh* It really doesn't help that I have names and have imagined a little family many, many times...

Ah well, it'll pass... It always does... Let's just forget that the catalogue brought tears to my eyes lol.