How are you feeling?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
lonely. lonely.

Me too. Seeing people and how they are able to interact and connect, form interpersonal relationships reminds me how I want that, or to at least try that to see if it something I want. I have it with one person, she's far away though, missing her is lonely too. I wish I had an easier time opening up to people so maybe I could make a friend or too.

(also, I like your sig)

MikeyC

So torn. I don't know what to do. Found out my school didn't count some of credits for whatever reason, despite the fact I got a grade, so I might have to redo those classes. I wonder if at this point I should just get my GED. I really didn't want to, and I really wanted my high school diploma, but it is seeming impossible. I have to work 7 days a week because both my parents won't work, and I'm still skating. Way back when, before I got sick, they picked the hardest classes for me (it's ALL writing, which takes too much time) and I'm just so behind now. It's my understanding future employers really look down upon a GED, even though I have plans on continuing my education. Now they're going to look down upon my age as well. My future just seems ruined. Don't see the purpose in waking up anymore. I'm going nowhere.
I don't really have any advice, but I'm sorry this is happening. Your future isn't ruined, though. Plenty of avenues are always still available.

dottie

@srijata thank you :)

@vj danke! yeah, i think a lot of our anxieties and closed-off-ness (new word!) is because of trust issues. how can people trust in an overpopulated sea of people who are absorbed in media that promotes... grossness? who guides our culture? media trash? this is what we idolize? our lifestyles are so unnatural and we must live (endure) them in a seemingly fluid, seamless way to prove our strength to everyone else. survival of the fittest is no longer about physical strength. now it is primarily based on mastering the artistry of interpersonal communication. i want to throw in the towel and move to the sticks.

is it a long distance girlfriend you are missing?

dottie

@super thanks, it's from this poster:

tumblr_lzo1jgnOrd1rpgyn2o1_250_thumb.png

KiaKaha

Banned
Meh. Misunderstood.

I don't understand how people think that its justifiable or acceptable to reason out at how people can treat other people poorly or really badly.

It's just an excuse.

I wonder if people who believe in this school of thought would still feel this way if THEY were treated badly - or at least, what would would be the threshold of being treated poorly when they finally think that they can no longer let it go - and actually realize that somebody needs to be blamed.

Yes... blamed.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
is it a long distance girlfriend you are missing?

Yes, that is the she I was referring to. She's great and I'm so lucky to have her, just not so lucky she lives so far away. It makes it harder but still something I wouldn't trade for the world.

dottie

kiakaha, that's just it... people have different thresholds and perceptions of what is being treated badly. did you see someone post about calling the cops because some girl looked at him the wrong way? quite an extreme variance of perception which can be altered with things like stress, drugs, etc... but yeah, in general, i totally agree.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Tryin' tae relax but can't. Why...? Because ma sister's gonnae be back from her weeks holiday soon and give me the f***in' third degree: "Why'd ye no get in touch with me?" Like I actually give a f**k at this point in ma life. I mean, I'm no trying tae justify it, but I am a fairly introverted person, sadly. I like ma ain company and aw that, you know... but apparently that's socially unacceptable tae some. Unlike extroverts, who seem to take silence to mean somethin' wrong. Talkin' about meaningless trival nonsense as if it really matters

F***in' wankers!

Sorry, didn't mean tae generalise, there. I just hate small talk, or being made to feel I must be socialable every minute of everyday.

KiaKaha

Banned
kiakaha, that's just it... people have different thresholds and perceptions of what is being treated badly. did you see someone post about calling the cops because some girl looked at him the wrong way? quite an extreme variance of perception which can be altered with things like stress, drugs, etc... but yeah, in general, i totally agree.

That is just a bit silly - going to far. I just find it interesting how people can reason out being treated badly - and how it is not acceptable to feel hurt or offended if you are, simply because you cant control how other people react to you (which I get) . I am curious to know how far the threshold is before you can finally take offense to something.

Starry

I am helping build a house today via habitat for humanity. Yay for volunteering... :D

That sounds like a really worthwhile thing to do with your time! Yay for you! ^_^

I'm feeling fed-up... I'm desperate to read a certain book but I can't get it cheaply enough and I can't go to the library...

Last edited:

Srijita52

I am helping build a house today via habitat for humanity. Yay for volunteering... :D
That's great Kia. :)
Tryin' tae relax but can't. Why...? Because ma sister's gonnae be back from her weeks holiday soon and give me the f***in' third degree: "Why'd ye no get in touch with me?" Like I actually give a f**k at this point in ma life. I mean, I'm no trying tae justify it, but I am a fairly introverted person, sadly. I like ma ain company and aw that, you know... but apparently that's socially unacceptable tae some. Unlike extroverts, who seem to take silence to mean somethin' wrong. Talkin' about meaningless trival nonsense as if it really matters

F***in' wankers!

Sorry, didn't mean tae generalise, there. I just hate small talk, or being made to feel I must be socialable every minute of everyday.
There's nothing wrong with wanting your own company. But I guess if your sister's just the opposite, its difficult for her to understand. I can relate with the pressure but you don't have to be more social than you want to be.

anomicdeer

You don't know **** that is going on so stop messaging him and making it seem like I'M the problem. He knows what he's doing and not doing and he wants everyone to think the opposite of him. Not necessarily the opposite but the things he want people to think is NOT him at all. It's the opposite. He's just a lazy neglectful ****ing perverted loser.

And if you're actually asking what he did, why won't you just ****ing stop it. It's OBVISOUsLY not helping ****. You are no ****ing help. I don't want your help. You are just trying to look good for everyone else, just like your brother. You both are like that. Ew.

jbeckett

feeling quite anxious just joined social phobia world after finding out the symptoms of having social phobia it makes sense now i would feel tense before going out even with close friends and job interviews a nightmare trying to look for a job at the moment but worried about interviews no one else knows that i have this condition but i feel that i may have to tell someone soon but dont know how

Srijita52

feeling quite anxious just joined social phobia world after finding out the symptoms of having social phobia it makes sense now i would feel tense before going out even with close friends and job interviews a nightmare trying to look for a job at the moment but worried about interviews no one else knows that i have this condition but i feel that i may have to tell someone soon but dont know how
Welcome to the forum. Social phobia can be very hard to deal with, good luck with finding a job. I hope you find one soon despite of the anxiety. :)