What do you hate most about social anxiety?

what do you hate most about social anxiety?

• not being able to talk/openly express yourself when u want to

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • being misunderstood by others (people thinking u r dumb, rude, etc)

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • not being able to make friends, or keep relationships with others

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • feeling self conscious (having low self esteem or negative thoughts and insecurities)

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • having intense anxiety (and anxiety attacks)

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • feeling alone and helpless

Votes: 18 13.0%

• Total voters

GraybeardGhost

The thing I hate most is being stuck in the house for days or weeks on end because I can't bear the thought of anyone seeing me. It has ruined my social life, my business, and everything else. It gets especially bad when I start running out of food or other supplies and I have to go to the store, but I know that I can't. A feeling of desperation sets in, like back when I was jonesing for drugs. I feel like a rat trapped in a cage. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

BlueWeepingRose

The one thing that I hate the most is that I have such a hard time trying to make friends. Most of my friends were people I grew up with, now I try to make new friends and it's so hard cause I'm shy and scared to go up to people. Now I fear that I'll never be able to make friends with people... :(

camdeny

I hate that I think so negatively. I always anticipate the worst will happen whatever I do. Expecting the worst seems to be what provokes my anxiety

jaim38

Having performance anxiety and acting all stiff/awkward/weird like a crazy robot. Also not being able to breathe in some situations.

Meggy0001

I would love to talk/openly and express myself whenever I wanted, I feel like I have no personality or character when I am around people. If I can do this then I would be a lot happier and think would be able to make and keep friends :)

I avoid people because soon enough they always live and I am left feeling even worse about myself than I did before. Its the never ending thought of 'what is wrong with me', 'I hate myself', 'why am I like this' and blah after the very few attempts of people trying to get to no me :/.

There isn't really anything I like about it to be fair, its made my life horrible and lonely

Onimaru

the low self esteem for sure. I always feel like a loser and have zero confidence...i know i'd be able to do so much if i didn't have Avpd but man...feel so crippled by this, like i'm stuck in the cycle of negative thoughts and self-loathing...

Also not being able to express myself...i have friends but not a lot know of my issues and i get afraid to talk about it...and ultimately i'm just pushing them away because i can't find the guts to tell them of my problems.

:/

goblin

I chose the third option, but really it's the boredom and isolation. I think if I could enjoy surface interactions more, the lack of close relationships would be easier to stomach.

Kiwong

I can't be open enough to talk to people. I'd like to be able to talk to people without fear.

theoutsider

For me it's definitely being misunderstood by others. I'm constantly being taken for a totally different kind of person from what I am. It sucks.

jaim38

I can't be open enough to talk to people. I'd like to be able to talk to people without fear.

This is one of my goals to tackle anxiety. I want to be able to express the 'inner Me' when I interact with other people.

Betiol08

ScaredToBreathe, you right dude, all options really sucks. But that feeling of anxiety attacks, and at the same time try to hide that from people around you...It´s hell on earth...But I still believe there is some way out of this. Something that really works.

Hope the best to all of us.

and again

Being in a near constant state of panic and fear. There are a lot of things I hate about social anxiety but I'm really tired of being so afraid of everything. It limits me in basically every aspect of my life. I should just forget about ever being successful or building up meaningful friendships or relationships with people. My constant state of panic seems to get in the way of everything.

MikeyC

Re: and again

Being in a near constant state of panic and fear. There are a lot of things I hate about social anxiety but I'm really tired of being so afraid of everything. It limits me in basically every aspect of my life. I should just forget about ever being successful or building up meaningful friendships or relationships with people. My constant state of panic seems to get in the way of everything.
I hope you can prove yourself wrong.

FriendlyShadow

obviously all of it sucks, but what do you hate the most?

I could've answered everything this poll vote had. My stupid awkwardness and social anxiety always gets in the way with talking to people, I hate it so much. I wish there was some way I could control myself better with it. Maybe I'm just uncomfortable around certain people I can't talk to or share anything personal about what goes on in my life. I can't relate to kids my own age since almost everyone I see are practically into the same type of stuff. I wish I had friends who don't care what I do and don't question my lifestyle. I wish I had friends like I created in my stories, it's less likely going to happen though.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I answered "feeling self conscious" when I took the poll a while ago but now looking at the options, I feel like my answer would be "uncontrollable physical symptoms" which is not in the options.