Things that piss you off...

Solitudes_Grace

Cable television.

I'm sick of advertising, propaganda, reality TV, stupid game shows, corrupt news channels, and the dumbing down of "educational television" (Ice Road Truckers? Seriously History Channel?).

I realize there are some great shows on TV, and I realize there has never been any sort of "Golden Age" of cable television; however, as I've gotten older, I have become more aware of how stupid, wasteful, and time-consuming television can really be. If I want to watch the good stuff, I prefer to either buy it, rent it, and watch it online. That way, I don't have to sit through any of the stupid commercials.

Last edited:

lunaticbinge

Cable television.
As a whole, cable television is just a method of brainwashing. I'm sick of advertising, propaganda, reality tv, stupid game shows, family sitcoms, corrupt news channels, and the dumbing down of "educational television" (Ice Road Truckers? Seriously History Channel?). There are some great shows on tv, but if I want to watch Dexter or Futurama or any of Adult Swim's shows, I'll either rent them or watch them online.

Omg yes times 500000000. Propaganda at the max. The History Channel still has a few good bits. The Universe, How the Earth was Made, Modern Marvels. I prefer the Science Channel now though.

Last edited:
Propaganda ftw!

Hitler_playing_Wolfenstein_3D_by_Trinidart.jpg

Last edited:

MaliceInWickedland

When people practically have their fingers glued to their cell phone. Take my cousin for example: I went, well, technically got dragged to my cousin's party last weekend, and rather than being a proper party host, she spent nearly the entire evening sitting on the couch staring at her cell phone screen and texting like there was no tomorrow. People would walk into the house with gifts in hand, ready to greet my cousin while she completely ignored them and carried on with her texting.

As much as I despise socializing, that's something even I wouldn't do just to avoid conversation. These people are here to wish you a happy birthday, not be completely ignored just so you can work your fingers to arthritis on your cell phone. I feel like I'm the only person in the world right now who rarely ever uses her cell - I'm talking maybe once every one to two weeks. I even know people who spend well over 5 hours texting each day.

Kato

I am pissed off because people wont put away their fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

lioliber

What pisses me off, when you lend someone something like a book or a game, and like 6 months goes by and they haven't returned it, then you get put in that awkward position of having to ask for it back.

ilmatross

people who dont realize their own self worth

I have a friend who thinks he'll never be anything but a junkie, but his art is brilliant and he's so profoundly intelligent

stupid ****, i cant get him to realize it.

MaliceInWickedland

I feel sometimes i keep my cell phone for nothing. But just to report to my relatives now and then if I ate, if i slept, or if I took my pills: oh, no mother, thx for reminding me to eat, i tottaly forgot about it in the past few days...

Same here! I only use it for about 2 minutes or so after school to call my mom and get picked up or to check for any new texts. Other than that, I rarely use it.

Acegame

When people practically have their fingers glued to their cell phone. Take my cousin for example: I went, well, technically got dragged to my cousin's party last weekend, and rather than being a proper party host, she spent nearly the entire evening sitting on the couch staring at her cell phone screen and texting like there was no tomorrow. People would walk into the house with gifts in hand, ready to greet my cousin while she completely ignored them and carried on with her texting.

As much as I despise socializing, that's something even I wouldn't do just to avoid conversation. These people are here to wish you a happy birthday, not be completely ignored just so you can work your fingers to arthritis on your cell phone. I feel like I'm the only person in the world right now who rarely ever uses her cell - I'm talking maybe once every one to two weeks. I even know people who spend well over 5 hours texting each day.

Maybe she is was very anxious as well that situation? Btw yesterday I forgot to switch on my phone in the morning and only this morning i noticed that, so you are not the only person in the world ;)

Last edited:

ilmatross

Rude people who are rude for the sake of demeaning others who they perceive as "less than" to make themselves feel superior. Bleed an already wounded person. Big man.

People who are willingly ignorant and shove it down your throat. I have family members who are brainwashed by right wing talking heads who've got them believing complete lies and they tell me I'm the fool when I point out the logical fallacy when they refuse to factcheck. It's like arguing with a brickwall made of stupid.

Racists.

people who dont realize their own self worth

I have a friend who thinks he'll never be anything but a junkie, but his art is brilliant and he's so profoundly intelligent

stupid ****, i cant get him to realize it.

So it annoys you that you cannot make your friend see the proverbial light.

Stop worrying about it, we all have choices.
Conversely, as your friend's friend don't stop trying.
Lost a friend who was a bloody genius. I have no idea where he is.

Blaze

Things that piss me off? Humanities lack of respect for the planet that allows us to exist is a big one for me.

I don't like big buisness. When I see movies where corporations own countries/planets etc, I see our future.

I don't like mainstream media. They focus in on the ****tiest topics and PUSH right wing political agendas while putting a veil on anything involving the left.

I HATE people who think that they can use/consume whatever resources they want because they stay ignorant to the fact that resources are limited. Finding drinkable water will be a serious issue in maybe, 100? 200 years? Could be sooner if we continue life as normal. I don't want my grandchildren to experience life like that. I thought we we're supposed to make the future a brighter place? But we focus on winning elections and making best friends with big $$$ instead.

I can't think anymore, too tired. lol

awkwardamanda

Things that piss me off? Humanities lack of respect for the planet that allows us to exist is a big one for me.

I don't like big buisness. When I see movies where corporations own countries/planets etc, I see our future.

I don't like mainstream media. They focus in on the ****tiest topics and PUSH right wing political agendas while putting a veil on anything involving the left.

I HATE people who think that they can use/consume whatever resources they want because they stay ignorant to the fact that resources are limited. Finding drinkable water will be a serious issue in maybe, 100? 200 years? Could be sooner if we continue life as normal. I don't want my grandchildren to experience life like that. I thought we we're supposed to make the future a brighter place? But we focus on winning elections and making best friends with big $$$ instead.

I can't think anymore, too tired. lol

So much THIS.

Everything.

Yeah, that too.

/bitter