Rate your shyness on a scale from 1 - 10

EscapeArtist

Shyness... well it's really elevated lately, I'd say it depends on the definition of shyness. In conversation I don't appear THAT shy, I just look like I don't have much to say because what I say is always rejected. 'll say around 6-8

Tiercel

I don't know about shyness.

But I'm usually pretty quiet. Probably about an 8 or 9.

And I usually worry about how I'll be perceived by others, whether it's something I want to say, something I want to do, or just not doing or saying anything. This is probably around 8 or 9 as well.

So if shyness = (silence + anxiety)/2 then it's probably between 8 or 9.

:D

KRose

To me it depends on the situation:
In class: 8
Meeting new people: 9
With my XC team: 6
At a party: 2
At work: 8

Adammm

Used to be a 10 in most situations. Nowadays though it varies massively. If i'm with good friends at a party or on a night out then it can drop to 1, but if i'm in a situation where i have to talk to strangers it can be 10. On average, probably about 5 or 6.

I think my main problem is avoidance of social situations nowadays/not taking enough chances to meet new people. :rolleyes:

Richey

i'm shy at work on a level that i'd rate an 8-9/10 but that is mainly because where i work i find very uncomfortable and its very demanding and combining "having to work my bum off" with talking/joking arounf\d i find difficult to do both ..

when im relaxed with a friend is the only time i open up alot, but i am shy around family as well..

jaixo

Around my family (excluding my sister - I find her extremely intimidating): 3.
Around my best friend: 4.
Around pretty much anyone else: 10.

Ecclesiastes

Just wondering how others perceive their shyness. So on a scale from 1 - 10, how would you rate yours. 1 being minimal and 10 being severe. For me most of my life it was a 10, however I think it may be at 7 now, since I am on meds. How about you?
If it's someone new or that I'm not close to, perhaps a 4. But I believe if it's someone I've known for awhile or close friends, I can get up to like 9 or even 10 for some, lol

Ree_Ree

I'm shy in most cases:

Around people close to me (husband, mom, dad,grandma) - 0
Around other family/relatives I know - 3
Strangers - 10
What's worst? Social gatherings, parties, classroom with people, or any group or crowd - 10-15

Pookah

It is hard to rate something that changes on the situation. Sometimes you have to force yourself sometimes its not too bad.

Kiwong

Crippling anxiety goes beyond shyness. Maybe 20 years ago I was shy, but anxiety is exponetially more than shyness.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It depends on the situation and definitely the topic. If you ask me about baseball I will probably be a 3 on a shyness scale but I would appear like a 10 if it was someone I wasn't comfortable around (almost everyone) due to my lack of self-esteem. On the other hand their are some topics I am a 10 to begin with, like...well you get the point.