Rate your shyness on a scale from 1 - 10

Id say 6.5. I could talk to almost anyone if there's no one around but when there's a crowd i can't. I also can't do class presentations well.

alejandro84

With some people i can be 1 or a 2 but with most other people and especially new people im near a 9 or a 10. Also other shy people can be a problem for me as well even though i know how they feel

Danfalc

Banned
Interesting topic. As part of c.b.t I have to keep an anxiety diary and rate the severity from 1-10 on a daily basis. I found this really puts things into perspective. Sure sometimes my anxiety is still off the scale but most of the time it's not quite as bad as I would of thought.

I really recommend people to try this, we tend to evaluate every situation with negative tinted glasses, and keep a diary can help you be more rational imo.

EscapeArtist

It's probably down to a 6 now.
Although, I am becoming more unsatisfied with appearance again. It's just that I have not let that get in the way of my SA anymore.
I guess that little break from wanting to lose weight only lasted so long!

Kristof

I'd rate it 7/10
Which is good enough to go to the store and work, the basic things.
I do feel that i'm missing out on a lot.

WeirdyMcGee

1?
I'm not shy, I'm paranoid and anxious... but I was born and raised to entertain people and I'm not unkind, so in the past (when I was able to go outside) I was always very polite and nice to talk to - if someone looked troubled, I would ask them what was wrong... I'd talk if someone else initiated a conversation... I used to be very good at talking and never shy. People actually saw me as outgoing even though I'm terrified of people and would be screaming on the inside when someone would start talking to me.

People still don't see me as being shy, even though I'm a hermit.
...but I guess 'hermits' are usually seen as being more eccentric than shy.

JamesSmith

8/10 I must say there are so many factors with this, so many different situations where someone can be anxious and situations where I may feel comfortable. I've got anxiety most of the time, though.

eso

On any given day I hover between 2 and 6. Depends on how relaxed I am, how much sleep i got, how hungry i am, etc. I lived my entire life as a 7-8 until about 24, then I got down to about 6ish. This past year I pushed it all the way down to where there are a few times I can be very magnetic.

Generally, people have no idea that I'm shy at all. I have it under that much control. I just have a looong way to go because I am still getting all the same feelings. Not as much as before but I still get scared and am pretty much always anxious at most times. I just fight it a lot and have lots of techniques for dealing and years of practice.