Rate your shyness on a scale from 1 - 10

D

deleted user 1

Constantly a 10, I never feel at ease even when I'm on my own.

Luke1993

I'd say 7. I can never really start conversations but if someone else were to start I can now talk more and (try to) carry on the conversation for as much as I can. It's something I've been working on recently. A lot of it has been very awkward for me but I'm motivated enough to persist (For now anyway).

lunarla

When I was a lot younger, I had a consistent level of shyness around most people. Was probably around 7. But now it varies a lot depending on who I'm around. If I'm around adults or very non-threatening people (in my view), it's probably 1ish. But if I have to be around people closer to my own age, especially the ones who would be deemed as veryyyy social themselves, it'd probably be 5-6. I just get weirded out by them as well and the whole young culture. I don't know.

DespairSoul

When I was a lot younger, I had a consistent level of shyness around most people. Was probably around 7. But now it varies a lot depending on who I'm around. If I'm around adults or very non-threatening people (in my view), it's probably 1ish. But if I have to be around people closer to my own age, especially the ones who would be deemed as veryyyy social themselves, it'd probably be 5-6. I just get weirded out by them as well and the whole young culture. I don't know.

Depending on who im around yes this is true. People what are very close to me like bf or mother,sister is ok. But if i start be aroung people what i meet often i must not even talk to them im even affraid to say hello if is neighborrow just i wanna fast dissapear that he or she dont recognize i was ever around,or visiting the same supermarket every day is for nightmare just places what are daily visited and there are the same persons what they was already seeing me sometimes.
Yes the most nervous make me people what have high meaning about themselves and they are social acting like eat icecream with pleasure i start be very anxiety. Young the most.

xLindziex

In crowds - 9/10
Around family & close family friends - 0-3/10

Ahaha, right after reading this an image from when I had to be around 6 or 7 came into my mind where I was hiding behind my mom as we were on someone's porch and when the door opened my mom was saying "She's just shy". Hmm... I think it turned into a lot more than just shyness :rolleyes:

Bones

I'd give myself about 9, mainly because i've never been fully relaxed around anyone in my life, but not a ten because I don't get the more physical effects, except the blushing and and the sweats...

Minty

I'm confused. Doesn't anxiety create shyness? Who would choose to be shy if they felt completely comfortable?

panicsurvivor

Sorry folks
SA 0 out of 10
Shyness 0 out of 10
People do not scare me in any way.
Wide open spaces 10 out of 10
Travel outside my home town 10 out of 10
Walking anywhere 10 out of 10.
I guess I am a little different.::eek::::eek::::eek::::eek::

narromind

In crowds: about 6 or 7 if I have a couple of friends spread out that I can switch between and stand next to while they talk to strangers. And if I have an exit strategy: somewhere alone to disappear to if they catch on that I haven't spoken in three hours, its a bit lower. If there's a corner I can sit in and play games on my phone it'd be about a 2.

Group of friends: about a 4.

Alone with 1 friend: a solid 9. Desperately pumping the air with words and trying to find things to keep them busy. It feels like I'm trying to keep a crashing aeroplane aloft as long as possible before it crashes, and spreads an impact crater of silence and awkwardness.