Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I am curious, but I won't pry.
What makes a predator like that truly dangerous is that they often seem very reasonable and nice. I've been fooled myself more than once--though I was never a target, not for a real predator.

Like most of his ilk on here, they rarely show their true face on the open forum. It's mostly done by pm or chat, and the worst of what they show in the open tends to get deleted for obvious reasons.

You can still use the search function for his username (punkrotten) and see some of the crap he's said when he tried to come back using other names. Search is in the little yellow-orange bar near the top, towards the right. Click 'show posts'.

This is a good place, but it's still the internet. Users should always be wary, and mods always have to be vigilant. Sometimes banned users even come back using a different computer and thus IP address and the mods have to figure out what's going on like detectives, going by little clues.

That's one of the reasons why it's important that predatory behavior gets reported. They rarely limit themselves to just one potential victim.

Last edited:

Lavinialuna

What makes a predator like that truly dangerous is that they often seem very reasonable and nice. I've been fooled myself more than once--though I was never a target, not for a real predator.

Like most of his ilk on here, they rarely show their true face on the open forum. It's mostly done by pm or chat, and the worst of what they show in the open tends to get deleted for obvious reasons.

You can still use the search function for his username (punkrotten) and see some of the crap he's said when he tried to come back using other names. Search is in the little yellow-orange bar near the top, towards the right. Click 'show posts'.

This is a good place, but it's still the internet. Users should always be wary, and mods always have to be vigilant. Sometimes banned users even come back using a different computer and thus IP address and the mods have to figure out what's going on like detectives, going by little clues.

That's one of the reasons why it's important that predatory behavior gets reported. They rarely limit themselves to just one potential victim.
Thanks for the info. It always amazes me that people find the time and have the desire to cause people upset purely for their evil entertainment. You would think they could find a more fulfilling hobby. Glad the moderators know what they are doing!

MollyBeGood

I can't believe the WalkAlone was PunkRotten. I honestly don't remember what he did but I chatted with him in the chat room, which I rarely do with anyone anymore and he seemed intelligent. I got no predatory vibes but Wow, that sucks whatever he did to people!! I am sorry for whom ever he hurt here. It is really a sad world when people feel the need to do such things to others. I just for the life of me don't get it.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I can't believe the WalkAlone was PunkRotten. I honestly don't remember what he did but I chatted with him in the chat room, which I rarely do with anyone anymore and he seemed intelligent. I got no predatory vibes but Wow, that sucks whatever he did to people!! I am sorry for whom ever he hurt here. It is really a sad world when people feel the need to do such things to others. I just for the life of me don't get it.

If you search "Punkrotten" in the search bar as a keyword, you can see some of the insults and threats he threw at the mods under other accounts made after he was initially banned. As Nathan said, most stuff is done through private chat and pm's so we don't really see it on the forums, and if you've seen a show like "Criminal Minds" you know people are very good at hiding who they really are when they want to.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I can't believe the WalkAlone was PunkRotten. I honestly don't remember what he did but I chatted with him in the chat room, which I rarely do with anyone anymore and he seemed intelligent.
Oh, but he is. That's part of the problem.

I'd already started to get a bad vibe from his latest incarnation and took a screenshot of some of what he said in the chatroom in case I needed it later (nothing that bad, just going on my gut). I didn't suspect him to be punkrotten in particular, I just got a feeling something was up.

MollyBeGood

You guys are great detectives, seriously. I do remember how horrible he was after he got a ban- a really frightening person came shining through. Thanks for all of the diligence here for that sort of thing, it's really nice to have people looking out for you for a change.

I really hope Rems doesn't have to deal with him again. Talk about a thankless job. Oy Vey! he's got me speaking Yiddish now :(

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
back to random stuff

I enjoyed watching this one much, much more than the video of people kissing that inspired it. I actually couldn't even make it all the way through that.

I'm sure part of that has to do with the jealousy of watching other people kissing, but also the dishonesty of the first one. They're both scripted and casted and to a large extend agreed to beforehand, but there's a limit on how dishonest a video of this type can be.

Watching Random People Slap Each Other In The Face Is Weirdly Compelling

Predator? Whoa! ... that took me off guard. Kinda makes sense now with all his douche-baggy comments and the holier than thou-ness vibe i sometimes got from the dude in his posts in the chatroom. Hmm.

Thanks for the info. It always amazes me that people find the time and have the desire to cause people upset purely for their evil entertainment. You would think they could find a more fulfilling hobby. Glad the moderators know what they are doing!

Btw. Thank you, remus and mod team :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kiwong

I really miss posters like Mr. Jones, someone who seemed to need a site like this. I wonder how he is going sometimes, and also KiaKaha. I almost left this site myself awhile ago. The real troublemakers seems to be in a minority, and they don't often hang around for long. At least I stood up for myself back then.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I really miss posters like Mr. Jones, someone who seemed to need a site like this. I wonder how he is going sometimes, and also KiaKaha. I almost left this site myself awhile ago.

Here's hopin' they're aw daein' well. :)

The real troublemakers seems to be in a minority, and they don't often hang around for long.

Aye, ah got fooled by a troublemaker chattin' in MiniChat on here. But thankfully, that wuz just once. Felt like a right eejit, so ah did. :eek:mg:

At least I stood up for myself back then.

Nuthin' wrong wi' standin' up fur yersel' when ye need tae.

Kiwong

Jeez, sorry that happened to you Graeme. On the minichat I will only speak to posters that I have some familiarity with. If they are username I haven't heard of before I don't respond.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I don't want to be rude but I really don't get why my neighbour keeps texting me even if I answer 1/5 of the time. He shouldn't be that desperate, he looks like a popular kid. It's a real mystery.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Jeez, sorry that happened to you Graeme. On the minichat I will only speak to posters that I have some familiarity with. If they are username I haven't heard of before I don't respond.

Aye, that's the approach ah take now wi' MiniChat - even if they say hello and the question being asked actually seems genuine - ie "How are you?".

I don't want to be rude but I really don't get why my neighbour keeps texting me even if I answer 1/5 of the time. He shouldn't be that desperate, he looks like a popular kid. It's a real mystery.
So he fancies you? Why would you be surprised that a guy is really determined to talk with you? Is he ignoring the fact that you may not want to talk to him in a creepy way, or do you think he simply does not understand your feelings yet?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
So he fancies you? Why would you be surprised that a guy is really determined to talk with you? Is he ignoring the fact that you may not want to talk to him in a creepy way, or do you think he simply does not understand your feelings yet?

No I don't think he fancies me I think he just really wants to be friends with me for some reason (I look cooler than I really am). He is not creepy in fact he is nice and friendly, it's just, why would you keep texting someone who is clearly not interested to hang out with you? It makes me feel awkward when we bump into each other in the street and I ignored him the last 5 times he texted me. Lol...

No I don't think he fancies me I think he just really wants to be friends with me for some reason (I look cooler than I really am). He is not creepy in fact he is nice and friendly, it's just, why would you keep texting someone who is clearly not interested to hang out with you? It makes me feel awkward when we bump into each other in the street and I ignored him the last 5 times he texted me. Lol...
Yes, that would be awkward if you are unavoidably bumping into each other in the street. Well I hope he finally gets the idea and stops texting you. Let us know how it goes.:)

dottie

Ashamed of my nihilistic, defeatist outlook towards the world... it is difficult to keep in check... I don't like how it makes other people feel. I don't like how it makes me feel. I don't know how to eradicate it. At the same time... I have to forgive myself for making a faux pas. How is it so easy for some people to just live and let live?

MikeyC

I didn't notice anything wrong with WalkAlone, but there you go. Good to see he was fleshed out.

I really miss posters like Mr. Jones, someone who seemed to need a site like this. I wonder how he is going sometimes, and also KiaKaha.
Jones is actually doing really well. He came to Sydney last year, and we're in constant email communication. He's better than he was when I first spoke to him.

Kia is someone I haven't spoken to in some time but last I heard he was still struggling a little bit and thinking of moving across the ditch to Sydney. I'll have to email him again and see how he's doing.