Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

I didn't notice anything wrong with WalkAlone, but there you go. Good to see he was fleshed out.

Jones is actually doing really well. He came to Sydney last year, and we're in constant email communication. He's better than he was when I first spoke to him.

Kia is someone I haven't spoken to in some time but last I heard he was still struggling a little bit and thinking of moving across the ditch to Sydney. I'll have to email him again and see how he's doing.

That's good to hear about Mr Jones. And Kia too.

MikeyC

That's good to hear about Mr Jones. And Kia too.
I've met them both - Jones last year and Kia in 2012 - and they're really good people. Here is a photo of Jones and I under the Sydney Harbour Bridge in August or September last year. Good times. :)

MikeyC

I applied for some traffic control jobs today. I should've done this a month or two ago, but procrastination, university, and waiting for my drug and alcohol test delayed that. I have some more companies to try very soon and hopefully I get a call back from one. I am nervous about it because it's a very new direction for me, but one I'm willing to try. After doing the same job for over eight years, it's time for a shift in career goals.

Here is a photo of Jones and I under the Sydney Harbour Bridge in August or September last year. Good times. :)
^That is a great pic of you and Mr Jones, Mikey! :thumbup:

I applied for some traffic control jobs today. I should've done this a month or two ago, but procrastination, university, and waiting for my drug and alcohol test delayed that. I have some more companies to try very soon and hopefully I get a call back from one. I am nervous about it because it's a very new direction for me, but one I'm willing to try. After doing the same job for over eight years, it's time for a shift in career goals.
^Good luck with your goal to get a different job. :) I think that would be a good job for someone with anxiety. You only have to talk with the other controllers on a walkie talkie and no one else for most of the shift?

MikeyC

^That is a great pic of you and Mr Jones, Mikey! :thumbup:
Thank you. :)

^Good luck with your goal to get a different job. :) I think that would be a good job for someone with anxiety. You only have to talk with the other controllers on a walkie talkie and no one else for most of the shift?
I think there's a team leader and you have to meet up with your team before each shift, so there's more communication than just through a radio. I'm more anxious about stuffing up, because one error could lead to a crash. I don't want that! But I need to be offered a job first, haha.

I've been on a cooking spree. That's what happens when you have very little food in the house but some basic ingredients like flour, beans, canned goods, oil, etc.

The cool thing is that we've been eating lots of homemade stuff, including (partly mushy) banana bread with homemade frosting, turkey chili, pancakes, rice and beans, and corn fritters. Okay, so not all of that's the HEALTHIEST, but it's homemade! That makes up for it :p

I also plan on making tortillas sometime soon, which are so easy and so good homemade. I attempted a batch of egg-and-butter-free cookies the other day when we were out of said ingredients, but because I experimented and added some cocoa powder they were a disaster.

Ithior

Seems like this would be my kind of relationship. Not because I'm a busy person like it says on the article, but because of my personality.

MollyBeGood

I've been on a cooking spree. That's what happens when you have very little food in the house but some basic ingredients like flour, beans, canned goods, oil, etc.

The cool thing is that we've been eating lots of homemade stuff, including (partly mushy) banana bread with homemade frosting, turkey chili, pancakes, rice and beans, and corn fritters. Okay, so not all of that's the HEALTHIEST, but it's homemade! That makes up for it :p

I also plan on making tortillas sometime soon, which are so easy and so good homemade. I attempted a batch of egg-and-butter-free cookies the other day when we were out of said ingredients, but because I experimented and added some cocoa powder they were a disaster.
Oh yeah, I want to make tortillas(try) and also try some bread in a crock pot, too. I made ice cream with three ingredients last week and it was soo good! No machine either. I used mint chocolate chips and vanilla extract for flavoring.
You sound just like me. It's fun to push yourself to be more creative with little food, a challenge. I love anything homemade. I do a lot with Bisquick, even though it's not the healthiest thing, it's fun to use it. Like cheeseburger pie. Having been on such a limited food budget I have become a really great cook and enjoy it so much more than eating out. I am homebody though so it makes sense. It's so sad how cooking is becoming a lost art and a thing of the past. I believe it is one of the most life affirming and giving things a person can do.
I find recipes on Pinterest that are amazing! Do you use that site at all? Highly recommend it though it very addicting!
I really like to make it a challenge to see how much I can do without needing to buy a lot of things. It makes you appreciate what you have more, too.

Oh yeah, I want to make tortillas(try) and also try some bread in a crock pot, too. I made ice cream with three ingredients last week and it was soo good! No machine either. I used mint chocolate chips and vanilla extract for flavoring.
You sound just like me. It's fun to push yourself to be more creative with little food, a challenge. I love anything homemade. I do a lot with Bisquick, even though it's not the healthiest thing, it's fun to use it. Like cheeseburger pie. Having been on such a limited food budget I have become a really great cook and enjoy it so much more than eating out. I am homebody though so it makes sense. It's so sad how cooking is becoming a lost art and a thing of the past. I believe it is one of the most life affirming and giving things a person can do.
I find recipes on Pinterest that are amazing! Do you use that site at all? Highly recommend it though it very addicting!
I really like to make it a challenge to see how much I can do without needing to buy a lot of things. It makes you appreciate what you have more, too.

I have seen some things on Pinterest that I really like, but I don't have an account. Sometimes the site confuses me because it looks a bit jumbled and overwhelming. Some great stuff on there, though, for sure.

I agree, cooking is an activity like no other, not only because you can be creative but because you're making something that, in a way, people NEED - food, nourishment - and by providing that for yourself and/or others you're giving a special gift that you put a lot of effort into. There's nothing like the pride you feel when other people try something you cooked and love it :)

MikeyC

Last day of work today before eight days off.

Five days to go until I take a short but anticipated trip to Cairns in north Queensland.

A few days after I get back I get my final exam results back, and it's then time to prepare for next semester.

Bring it all on! :D :thumbup: