Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

AsTimeBurns

EDIT: AsTimeBurns, I will say that if your current job is giving you health issues, you should get out of it as quickly as possible. While it's easier said than done, it's worth it for your well-being.

Would love to, but as my mother keeps pointing out, I can't, because then I won't have any income.

But it's not a case of oh well i'll just stick it out for a few more years while I get new qualifications or something, I just can't take it any more, firstly because of the constant pain and secondly because I just really don't enjoy it. But if I quit now, there's nothing else I can do. I can either take another job like this (if I can even find one) or apply for minimum wage stuff, which makes my 4 years and £30,000 debt getting a degree utterly pointless.

I just feel like i'm in a dead end with no way out at the moment.

coyote

CAN!

medium_can.jpg

MikeyC

Would love to, but as my mother keeps pointing out, I can't, because then I won't have any income.

But it's not a case of oh well i'll just stick it out for a few more years while I get new qualifications or something, I just can't take it any more, firstly because of the constant pain and secondly because I just really don't enjoy it. But if I quit now, there's nothing else I can do. I can either take another job like this (if I can even find one) or apply for minimum wage stuff, which makes my 4 years and £30,000 debt getting a degree utterly pointless.

I just feel like i'm in a dead end with no way out at the moment.
I understand, mate. It's a tough situation. I know you'll make the right decision, though, whatever that turns out to be.

Feeling_Nothing

Going to make mummy some french toast for mother's day- shaped like a gentleman's nether-region.
Is that really so strange?

Strange, maybe but my mom would definately appreciate it and laugh with it :D

I'm watching Bomb patrol Afghanistan, pretty impressive show :O Kept me on the edge of my seat the entire evening so far !

WeirdyMcGee

First of all, *high five*

Second of all, just how detailed are we talking here? Because I might owe you more high fives depending on the answer.

How detailed could I possibly make it? It's not going to be 3d or anything-- it's just bread. haha
Perhaps a sprinkling of icing sugar and some chocolate sprinkles.

I did make a very detailed cake for my boss' birthday years ago, though.
...actually- it was a long time ago, now.
Probably was inappropriate, recieving something like that from a 16 year old but as I recall, everyone at work thought it was the most hilarious thing to ever happen.

How detailed could I possibly make it? It's not going to be 3d or anything-- it's just bread. haha
Perhaps a sprinkling of icing sugar and some chocolate sprinkles.

I did make a very detailed cake for my boss' birthday years ago, though.
...actually- it was a long time ago, now.
Probably was inappropriate, recieving something like that from a 16 year old but as I recall, everyone at work thought it was the most hilarious thing to ever happen.

Well, I've never tried it, but surely using a soft flame (a lighter or something) would allow you to create gradually more intense shadows, allowing for definition of the shape. And by using a thin layer of butter and jam you could color it in.

And for the cake, you definitely deserve another high five. *up high*

WeirdyMcGee

Well, I've never tried it, but surely using a soft flame (a lighter or something) would allow you to create gradually more intense shadows, allowing for definition of the shape. And by using a thin layer of butter and jam you could color it in.

haha
now, that's getting very elaborate.
I'm sure mummy would like it either way. XD

dragonoth

I find it hard to let things go - people, memories, thoughts..etc
In the course of my life so far I have made, and lost, two very close friends. They weren't just people I hung out with often, I had a genuine connection with them. Then for some reason or other they have moved on and left me behind. I'm not needed in their lives anymore. I try to move on but the wonderful memories haunt me still. I keep clinging onto such memories because I feel I still need them in my life yet they do not reciprocate that feeling, unfortunately. But all I want is just to move on as they have done. Even though they have supported me a great deal at certain points of my life, I don't want to rely on anyone anymore. I just wish I could believe in myself more and give myself the things I want.