Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

^ Interesting.

I tasted Guiness for the first time a couple of days ago. Not bad, but I don't think it's something I can drink often. Apparently it's better on tap, which is not what I had, so maybe I'll reserve total judgment until then.

I think work would be a lot easier if I didn't arrive sweaty/greasy from the ride over. It feels so nasty and makes me more self aware.

DeadmanWalking

I just failed my first class::(:. My mother is going to give me hell. I'm going to have to deal with her barrage of insults at me and repeatedly emphasizing how much I failed and "why" I failed.

WeirdyMcGee

Little brother is 18 today.
I feel sad; I've been having trouble accepting that he's an 'adult' now and I can't dictate his life.
haha
I can't protect him very well, either. He has to make his own mistakes and learn from them (hopefully learn from them, anyway...)
co-parenting him since he was born has felt like such a short ride, honestly... when a parent says; 'they sure grow up fast' they're not joking.
Most of my life was spent being a mother moreso than a sister and I think he tends to forget that I'm not necessarily his 'partner in crime' sometimes - I am his guardian.
I always will be.

But as one baby leaves my arms, another will be here for me to help raise.
I've agreed to be a live in nanny for my sister's expected daughter.
She'll be here in September and this time, my experience will be completely different.
It's terrifying, yes. I'll admit I'm scared to move back to the city and to be looking after a newborn-- to have so many sleepless nights and days-- to go back to changing stinky diapers; but it will be worth it and I'll be over it once it actually begins.
Anticipatory anxiety is the worst.

I suppose I should feel proud.
My brother is 18 today and he is an independant, outgoing, hard working, smart, generous man, albeit... he still has a way to mature, but from this point in it's his responsibility-- not mine.
Good luck, little brother.
Happy birthday.

(mom is having a much easier time with all this than I am. -__-)

MrJones

I feel sad; I've been having trouble accepting that he's an 'adult' now and I can't dictate his life.
haha
I can't protect him very well, either. He has to make his own mistakes and learn from them (hopefully learn from them, anyway...)
co-parenting him since he was born has felt like such a short ride, honestly... when a parent says; 'they sure grow up fast' they're not joking.
Most of my life was spent being a mother moreso than a sister and I think he tends to forget that I'm not necessarily his 'partner in crime' sometimes - I am his guardian.
I always will be.

She'll be here in September and this time, my experience will be completely different.
It's terrifying, yes. I'll admit I'm scared to move back to the city and to be looking after a newborn-- to have so many sleepless nights and days-- to go back to changing stinky diapers; but it will be worth it and I'll be over it once it actually begins.

My brother is 18 today and he is an independant, outgoing, hard working, smart, generous man, albeit... he still has a way to mature, but from this point in it's his responsibility-- not mine.
Happy birthday.

You should feel proud, indeed. That's why we're here afterall, right? I'm still amazed at how you always make this world a little better.

I'm sure you did well as I'm sure you will do it again. Good luck with your new "challenge", I know you can do it :)

AGR

went shopping today,its been too long since I did that,all my clothes were kinda old,it wasnt because I was lacking money,dont know why,maybe because I didnt need anything new.

DeadmanWalking

haha
I always will be.

Happy birthday.

You sound so motherly in that post Weirdy:). Congratulations, for both you and your sister.

haha
I always will be.

Happy birthday.

Until our final breaths us people are idiots, and always need that wise little voice in the background telling us not to put our hands on hot stoves, repair computers with hammers, make ourselves sneeze using pepper, jump 2 meters down because ''it worked just fine in that one movie''.

These aren't specific examples at all. *cough*

Legally adult or not, the little kid you helped raise will always be there in him looking up to you. Once a guardian, always a guardian. Perhaps less so, but he'll always need you.

Rembrandt Broam

Apparently a group of British MPs think that Rupert Murdoch is not a fit person to run a major international corporation. I'm willing to bet that the billionaire media tycoon really couldn't care less what a bunch of British MPs think, which is probably about the only thing that Mr Murdoch and myself have in common. ::p:

MikeyC

haha
I always will be.

Happy birthday.

You did great, Weirdy. You'd be an awesome mother.

WeirdyMcGee

bahhhh--- so... turns out, I made some money somehow.
With a bit of extra money, I bought some treats!
'Yes to carrots' body lotion, some running clothes (since I don't fit into the ones from last year anymore), and volume 1&2 of The Walking Dead graphic novel.
Feels so good to own the paperbacks~ <3

...I'll probably regret spending my extra money later in the month when the cupboards are empty, but oh well! :D

Phoenixx

bahhhh--- so... turns out, I made some money somehow.
With a bit of extra money, I bought some treats!
'Yes to carrots' body lotion, some running clothes (since I don't fit into the ones from last year anymore), and volume 1&2 of The Walking Dead graphic novel.
Feels so good to own the paperbacks~ <3

...I'll probably regret spending my extra money later in the month when the cupboards are empty, but oh well! :D
^ Nothing wrong with treating yourself with a little something, or in this case, a few somethings.

You deserve it. :)