Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

How_slow_the_Wind

Super bad mood at the moment. I feel really guilty and nervous for purchasing a relatively expensive camera on an online store without checking its reputation beforehand. All the consumer review sites say its pretty dodgy with everyone having complaints about receiving crap products or not even receiving the product. The thing is it was bought with my mother's money as my birthday present, and I told her to use that site, which is why I feel super guilty. I'm trying to get a refund because they accept cash immediately, but take forever to despatch. Not surprisingly, customer service is really crap and avoidant. Why couldn't I just buy it at retail store? So stupid.

I also just found out I lost my learner log book for a drivers license. I've only been able to learn sporadically through the last couple of years, so it's really going to be a hassle to try fill in all those pedantic entries.

These might sound like minor pet peeves, but I'm too sensitive so it's stressing me out.

(I also got a really crap haircut today, but I don't put much emphasis on appearance/already have low opinion of my looks, so it's more amusing than anoying:rolleyes:)

MikeyC

Super bad mood at the moment. I feel really guilty and nervous for purchasing a relatively expensive camera on an online store without checking its reputation beforehand. All the consumer review sites say its pretty dodgy with everyone having complaints about receiving crap products or not even receiving the product. The thing is it was bought with my mother's money as my birthday present, and I told her to use that site, which is why I feel super guilty. I'm trying to get a refund because they accept cash immediately, but take forever to despatch. Not surprisingly, customer service is really crap and avoidant. Why couldn't I just buy it at retail store? So stupid.
With any luck you will be fortunate enough to get your camera but from what you've said it might be unlikely.

How_slow_the_Wind

With any luck you will be fortunate enough to get your camera but from what you've said it might be unlikely.

Well when push comes to shove, other customers have forced a refund by filing a claim with Paypal(though it takes them weeks to weasel it out of them). At the end of the day I'm not so much worried about the camera, it's more about how it was purchased through someone elses money. Word of advice, NEVER purchase anything from Shopping Square. They've been going on since 2007 and I'm surprised they haven't been shut down by the fair trade commission(they're based in NSW) considering the widespread dodgy practices they follow.

MikeyC

Well when push comes to shove, other customers have forced a refund by filing a claim with Paypal(though it takes them weeks to weasel it out of them). At the end of the day I'm not so much worried about the camera, it's more about how it was purchased through someone elses money. Word of advice, NEVER purchase anything from Shopping Square. They've been going on since 2007 and I'm surprised they haven't been shut down by the fair trade commission(they're based in NSW) considering the widespread dodgy practices they follow.
I'll try to keep that in mind. I hope you get your money back.

Rembrandt Broam

Well this is a random thought, but it's been bothering me nevertheless.

I've lived in a dorm room for the past 3 years (I like being on campus), and in the past I rented a mini-refrigerator from the school and it cost around 170 dollars or so a year to rent it. For this past year, my current roommate and her roomie from last year had a fridge they bought on their own (about $500 total, and they split it) and instead of renting one I had to give the other roommate half the price of what she payed for the fridge so I could keep it in our room. I wasn't a fan because 1) that's more money to pay than if I had just rented one 2) and the fridge wasn't new or in top shape so I didn't get why I had to pay full price.

Well, my roommate and her roommate from last year are living together again next year, and they're taking the fridge back with them. She told me before that I would receive it after they graduate, but I wouldn't need one because I'd be living in the same apartment anyway during my 5th year where we're not allowed to have mini-fridges...we already have a big one my roommates and I will all share. I asked my roommate about the idea that the old roommate to pay me back the $250 so it could be completely theirs again but I'm getting an iffy vibe from my roommate with that question. I guess I'm having trouble seeing the sense in all of this.

I guess my lesson to anyone reading this is don't agree to split the cost with people you're living with temporarily for certain items. Just bring your own items for you to share with your roommates or rent whatever you need. Money is really irritating to discuss with other people...

You shouldn't have had to pay half the original $500. The most you should have had to pay was half what the fridge would have been worth if they'd sold it secondhand. The old roommate seems to have got a free fridge for a year, as you have effectively refunded her money to her. Nice deal for her I'm sure. :rolleyes:

N0D

Banned
went with my dad to play mini-golf yesturday. was uncomfortable most of the time and my feet hurt after awhile and it was drizzling at first. in hindsight though the only feeling any memory of it provokes is love. it was one of these places that also has a driving range and pro-shop for actual golf dudes, and we laughed at the prices of the professional type golf clubs and wondered together which type tiger uses. :D

Gaucho

i hope i find my path in life soon. i just want to find something I'm interested in,and makes the days worth. Damn everything i do i fail, it doesn't matter what, i always have a few options, and i pick every single time the wrong one, can't i just pick the right decision for 1 time, just be lucky 1 time.

Hoppy

And sometimes you have to see how other people live to appreciate your own circumstances.

I drove through the township today, saw people queueing with buckets and tins for water at a single tap.

I saw shacks that is just about big enough for a single bed, and a few people living in it.

coyote

watching for racoons....

87e545c4bfba_9a73927a-be82-4253-9527-0c358ce98b8e

Blah, need to do math. Not for school, but for my own personal little programming project.

Doing math, for fun. Where has my life gone? (what life?)