Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

AsTimeBurns

Just had a look at the list of 10 things I wanted to achieve by 25... I've achieved 1 of them and that was the most boring - graduate university. I've got about 8 months to achieve 9 things, all of which are very difficult to do. :-(

In case anyone wanted to know - though I very much doubt it - the list was:

1. Graduated with a 1st class degree - Done
2. Have a serious relationship - Eg. One that lasts more than 4 months
3. Get a book published
4. Volunteer abroad - Africa would be my first choice
5. Get fit and in good shape, so that I can play sports again
6. Learn another language
7. Have a stable, well paying job - Debatable. I have a job, but I don't think it's very well paid.
8. Get my own dog - Beagle called Stanley
9. Get my own place to live - rented probably at first
10. Be happy

The others all require me to have a lot of money really, or a lot of spare time to be able to do these things. None of which I really have at the moment.

Last edited:

coyote

Just had a look at the list of 10 things I wanted to achieve by 25... I've achieved 1 of them and that was the most boring - graduate university. I've got about 8 months to achieve 9 things, all of which are very difficult to do. :-(

3. Get a book published
7. Have a stable, well paying job - Debatable. I have a job, but I don't think it's very well paid.
10. Be happy

The others all require me to have a lot of money really, or a lot of spare time to be able to do these things. None of which I really have at the moment.

don't feel bad - it would be difficult for most people to do all that before the age of 55

you've got the rest of your life to achieve all that

Last edited:

Waybuloo

I wonder if the list is cumulative, i.e., that the first 9 things are supposed to predispose you towards achieving the last.

WeirdyMcGee

3. Get a book published
10. Be happy

1) Congrats! That is amazing! :eek:
2) A 4 month relationship in 8 months sounds doable-- you do have to start dating more, though.
3) Amazon self-publishes; so if you have something written, you could get on that and have it published this month, even.
4) do you volunteer locally? That could be an acceptable substitute.
5) Summer is coming-- the weather will allow you go go out running in the mornings if you want to get a start on that?
6) If you know a bit of another language, you could just expand on that knowledge?
7) You have a job! Another congrats!
8) A dog might have to wait if you're to concentrate on everything else. That requires alot of spare time to train and alot of responsibility... almost like a child. But it's a nice sentiment for the future! I wouldn't be too worried if you haven't accomplished this by 25.
9) Renting a place could also be doable-- even just a cheap bachelor/1 room apartment if you need to worry about saving money.
10) You aren't happy sometimes? No one is happy all the time.

My own list is pretty... long and I have not accomplished a single one.
I may extend the age from 25 to 30, as 9 of the 10 would be impossible for me to do in the next 11 months even if I were a millionaire cyborg alien.

AsTimeBurns

1) Congrats! That is amazing! :eek:
2) A 4 month relationship in 8 months sounds doable-- you do have to start dating more, though. - Not really since I've never had any relationship at all and don't know any girls or have the confidence to ask anyone out.
3) Amazon self-publishes; so if you have something written, you could get on that and have it published this month, even. - Would rather not self publish, plus it's nowhere near finished.
4) do you volunteer locally? That could be an acceptable substitute. - Not at the moment.
5) Summer is coming-- the weather will allow you go go out running in the mornings if you want to get a start on that? -I'm doing a bit more recently, but it's going to take a long time to get fit.
6) If you know a bit of another language, you could just expand on that knowledge? - Don't know any.
7) You have a job! Another congrats!
8) A dog might have to wait if you're to concentrate on everything else. That requires alot of spare time to train and alot of responsibility... almost like a child. But it's a nice sentiment for the future! I wouldn't be too worried if you haven't accomplished this by 25.
9) Renting a place could also be doable-- even just a cheap bachelor/1 room apartment if you need to worry about saving money. - If I do this, I won't be able to afford things like the volunteering abroad. But really don't want to live at home forever.
10) You aren't happy sometimes? No one is happy all the time.

My own list is pretty... long and I have not accomplished a single one.
I may extend the age from 25 to 30, as 9 of the 10 would be impossible for me to do in the next 11 months even if I were a millionaire cyborg alien.

Suppose I'm just being pesimistic again, but..meh. I'm always changing the endpoint "i'll do it in a week", "i'll do it by next year instead", etc... never gets me anywhere.

MikeyC

don't feel bad - it would be difficult for most people to do all that before the age of 55

you've got the rest of your life to achieve all that
Absolutely. Setting such goals by 25 is unrealistic. I'm now 26 and haven't done a single thing on that list.

this_portrait

Well, that exhibit went pretty well. I got quite a bit of good comments on my work and even socialized a bit, though eventually I ended up wandering around aimlessly and pretending to text so as to avoid looking awkward.

DeadmanWalking

Well, that exhibit went pretty well. I got quite a bit of good comments on my work and even socialized a bit, though eventually I ended up wandering around aimlessly and pretending to text so as to avoid looking awkward.

Congrats, this_portrait:)! On getting through the exhibit and on making it this far!

coyote

picture.php

i didn't have the luxury of texting devices when i had my gallery shows, so i just had to stand there and look like an idiot

MikeyC

After a couple of delays, my grandmother's operation to have her leg taken off will be done today. The waiting is killing her so I hope it can be done.

Srijita52

After a couple of delays, my grandmother's operation to have her leg taken off will be done today. The waiting is killing her so I hope it can be done.
I hope everything goes okay.
That's great. Well done portrait :)

MsBuzzkillington

So I found this 24/7 comedy channel on the radio. It is kind of neat to have something to listen to that isn't music. It only does 2-3 minutes of one comedian and then switches to another. Tonight I tuned in to hear one of them talking about how "looks should only improve the more good deeds you do." The joke ended on him saying something like "Hey girl, how did you get that fine booty" and she says "Volunteering at the Boys and Girls club."

And even if he was just joking around... imagine if the world really did work like that. A person literally became better looking the nicer they were and the more good deeds they preformed. That would be a lovely world.

Srijita52

So I found this 24/7 comedy channel on the radio. It is kind of neat to have something to listen to that isn't music. It only does 2-3 minutes of one comedian and then switches to another. Tonight I tuned in to hear one of them talking about how "looks should only improve the more good deeds you do." The joke ended on him saying something like "Hey girl, how did you get that fine booty" and she says "Volunteering at the Boys and Girls club."

And even if he was just joking around... imagine if the world really did work like that. A person literally became better looking the nicer they were and the more good deeds they preformed. That would be a lovely world.
That would be so sweet :)