Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Roman Legion

I remember always forgetting what I want to discuss with my counselor on the day I'm scheduled to see them. Then all of a sudden it comes back to me.

Good luck though.

My counselings are online, so I don't actually see anyone, but that doesn't stop me from being anxious.. Thanks, I hope I don't back out of it at the last second as I almost did with my last one.

MikeyC

Anxious because I'm thinking about my embarrassing day, confused because I'm never sure if I make the right choice, and lazy because... I've been unusually lazy this month. I'm kind of worried about that.
I don't like having days that you have to dwell on, so I understand that. I hope you can forget about it quickly and painlessly. Nobody ever knows if they make the right choices. Laziness can be a good thing, too.

10 minutes before leaving time. It's now when I remember and feel motivated to do chores and DIY improvement around the house. It being a procrastination mechanism is all too obvious, and one that had me calling in sick for at least a day every week for the past 2 months. How I'm every going to maintain a full-stress job is a insecurity that pesters me every day.

I also couldn't sleep last night, and now my arm feels numb. I can't call in sick again. If only I could just get out of it all for a few months..

Eristelle

My counselings are online, so I don't actually see anyone, but that doesn't stop me from being anxious.. Thanks, I hope I don't back out of it at the last second as I almost did with my last one.

I completely understand. It seems like anxiety doesn't care about being face to face with a person or communicating online. Well, I hope so too. It's a great thing to receive help. I should seriously schedule an appointment with a therapist...

Why back out anyway? Too much anxiety?

Eristelle

I don't like having days that you have to dwell on, so I understand that. I hope you can forget about it quickly and painlessly. Nobody ever knows if they make the right choices. Laziness can be a good thing, too.

I'm not sure about that. It could be because of my bouts of depression. That's when I really get lazy. Thanks. It's like those days nag at you until a new embarrassing memory pops up to replace that one.

MikeyC

I'm not sure about that. It could be because of my bouts of depression. That's when I really get lazy. Thanks. It's like those days nag at you until a new embarrassing memory pops up to replace that one.
As a depression sufferer myself, laziness is all you can sometimes do on those kinds of days. I understand that too well. I don't have much advice for you on how you can overcome that, except for forcing yourself to go for a walk or something, which even that can be seemingly impossible.

What made the day embarrassing? Anything you're willing to share?

I'm happy that the operation is finally done after so much delay. I wonder how she's holding up when she comes to the realisation that she has one less leg. And when she finally realises she's never going home again. Time will reveal all.

I can't even imagine how tough that must be on her, and the rest involved. But if anything else, it's good that she has decent upstanding people such as yourself to fall back on. Home is partially where your loved ones are, having all of you around is surely to soften a very difficult situation.

Roman Legion

I completely understand. It seems like anxiety doesn't care about being face to face with a person or communicating online. Well, I hope so too. It's a great thing to receive help. I should seriously schedule an appointment with a therapist...

Why back out anyway? Too much anxiety?

Bad experience with counselings be it in school or military counselors. I'm not sure why I still get anxiety via online counselings, but it it probably the same reason as I get it using the phone. Top of the list on why I don't have a cellphone..

MikeyC

I also couldn't sleep last night, and now my arm feels numb. I can't call in sick again. If only I could just get out of it all for a few months..
Sorry to hear that, mate. If we could take a sweet month off whenever we felt like it, that would be awesome. Unfortunately that's not how the world works.

Procrastination is something I struggle with, but I sometimes feel that once I do one thing, I'm motivated to do the next, and the next, and I can complete my chores in an hour and have the rest of the day free. It's just a matter of forcing yourself to begin when you know you have time, and think, "well, if I can do this and this and this efficiently, I can be done in an hour's time, tops, and then I can relax." That's the mindset I sometimes employ and it does work.

Eristelle

As a depression sufferer myself, laziness is all you can sometimes do on those kinds of days. I understand that too well. I don't have much advice for you on how you can overcome that, except for forcing yourself to go for a walk or something, which even that can be seemingly impossible.

What made the day embarrassing? Anything you're willing to share?

ill probably do a lot of walking soon anyway. I kind of enjoy walking. Sigh. My ex recognized me at a pet store. I was the rudest person ever. I'm just so embarrassed because I was caught off guard and I felt hideous that day too. The world is too small.

MikeyC

I can't even imagine how tough that must be on her, and the rest involved. But if anything else, it's good that she has decent upstanding people such as yourself to fall back on. Home is partially where your loved ones are, having all of you around is surely to soften a very difficult situation.
Yeah, she's going to have a rough life from now on. We'll soon see how she copes with it all.

I'm not sure why I still get anxiety via online counselings
Even though it's online, you're still spilling out your heart, which is not an easy thing to do. I hope it does well, mate.

MikeyC

ill probably do a lot of walking soon anyway. I kind of enjoy walking. Sigh. My ex recognized me at a pet store. I was the rudest person ever. I'm just so embarrassed because I was caught off guard and I felt hideous that day too. The world is too small.
Ah, I remember that story regarding your ex. You can apologise to him at a later date, and he may not even remember if you were rude or not. You could be overthinking it for no reason. But it's obviously eating away at you, so if you happen to bump into him again, tell him you're sorry and that should clear some of your thoughts.

Walking is good. I like to walk to the shops, made even better when I take my iPod.

Eristelle

Bad experience with counselings be it in school or military counselors. I'm not sure why I still get anxiety via online counselings, but it it probably the same reason as I get it using the phone. Top of the list on why I don't have a cellphone..

I was forced to go home every time I talked to a counselor at school. Apparently when you feel suicidal people think you want to murder everyone. She wasn't really helpful either. I own a cellphone, but I use it as a computer, mostly. I absolutely hate talking on the phone because my mother would force me to answer it and I would screw up and sound awkward. Seems like she enjoys trying to scar me for life.

Online counselor probably sounds better than meeting one in real life though. I hope it goes well for you.

Eristelle

Ah, I remember that story regarding your ex. You can apologise to him at a later date, and he may not even remember if you were rude or not. You could be overthinking it for no reason. But it's obviously eating away at you, so if you happen to bump into him again, tell him you're sorry and that should clear some of your thoughts.

Walking is good. I like to walk to the shops, made even better when I take my iPod.

I enjoy walking to shops. Music definitely helps. It makes me feel less tired, but it also makes me paranoid because I'm unaware of my surroundings. Yeah, I was planning on apologizing later. I overthink about daily chores, so that's a huge problem for me.

MikeyC

I enjoy walking to shops. Music definitely helps. It makes me feel less tired, but it also makes me paranoid because I'm unaware of my surroundings. Yeah, I was planning on apologizing later. I overthink about daily chores, so that's a huge problem for me.
I understand. I would rather not be aware of my surroundings, personally, because I don't want to hear people talking or anything like that. I'm in my own bubble and that's what I want. Having said that, your paranoia is normal because it's safer to know what's going on around you, especially as a girl.

At least you want to apologise, and that's awesome. That's something you shouldn't regret overthinking because it's a big step to take.