Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

My family's been in the lecturing mood this week. Yesterday right before leaving to take my math test, just as I'm standing at the door, my dad got to talking to my mom and then decided it was a good idea to give me a quick 2 min. lecture about credit cards before I left. :confused::rolleyes:

Then on the ride home from my math test my mom decides to talk to me about my brother and my friend and how I should be talking to them about where they're going with their kind-of-but-not-really "relationship." Yeahhh.... I am NOT getting in the middle of that one.

And just now, I was watching Project Runway and my cousin comes by and asks me if I want to do fashion design. I told her it's crossed my mind a couple times, I do like it and can come up with ideas, but I don't like sewing. So she decides to start lecturing me about how apparently creative I am and that I should learn how to sew with her and get started and... I guess make a business? I'm not really sure what she said at that point because I toned her out, and then kinda ended the conversation and walked away.

I appreciate the thoughts, but did they really have to talk to me the week where I've been miserable and don't really want to think about or do anything? Any other time they never bring these things up and talk to me! :rolleyes:

Well thats weird.
I just saw an advertisement in here (SPW) for our states upcoming state election! The State Government is saturating the media so much in this state they put an add in SocialPhobiaWorld!? (Queensland version) Wtf!:rolleyes:
lol, I hope they did not pay too much for the ad, I think I am the only active user in here from Queensland atm. lol ::p:

Last edited:

lonely_drummer

People never make any effort with me, it is always me messaging them, I end up feeling like a pest. I would love to know what makes me not worth bothering with, or what makes me so unlikable, compared to others.

I feel ya! I feel the exact same way. It seems the only way to keep in contact is if I make the effort. Makes you feel so unwanted. And it does make you feel like a pest, always bugging them.

Invisibleman

I feel ya! I feel the exact same way. It seems the only way to keep in contact is if I make the effort. Makes you feel so unwanted. And it does make you feel like a pest, always bugging them.

Thats the reason why i find it so hard to maintain friends, I just never have the courage to contact first,I always feel like im bugging them and I dont want to seem clingy even if its the first time ive ever called them. heck even on this forum sometimes on the minichat i would talk to people but I just never want to talk first and seem like a pest:(

Lexington

Banned
random thought.........pause..........random thought............pause......bland feeeling.......pause........wicked thought.....pause.....random thought...

MsBuzzkillington

I am pretty sure the people I have been hanging out with and talking to for the past year and a half or so don't care about me nearly as much as I care about them. I don't them they value me/enjoy me be around as much as I like them and value them.

I don't really blame them. I can't open up and despite hanging out for this long, hardly anyone really knows me. I am not close with any one. I don't talk much; I am quiet and I sometimes sit out during the interactive games they like to play. I shouldn't have really expected them to just embrace me and love me when I am so boring and cold in most situations. I can also be bossy and rude sometimes. Just not a good combination over all.

Today, I had this realization and I came to the conclusion that I am just going to break ties with them. I won't tell them goodbye, just simply fade away. I don't want to force them to hang out with me anymore, I want to free them of me. They are all close and have known each other for years. I could never fully fit in or connect. It is time I move on. Sometimes these things happen. Not everything works out.

It is kind of sad, but it is what it is.

MrJones

People never make any effort with me, it is always me messaging them, I end up feeling like a pest. I would love to know what makes me not worth bothering with, or what makes me so unlikable, compared to others.
Maybe that wouldn't be a problem if you not only talked with fillies and tried to pay attention to those male friends you have forgotten ::p:

MrJones

I am pretty sure the people I have been hanging out with and talking to for the past year and a half or so don't care about me nearly as much as I care about them. I don't them they value me/enjoy me be around as much as I like them and value them.

I don't really blame them. I can't open up and despite hanging out for this long, hardly anyone really knows me. I am not close with any one. I don't talk much; I am quiet and I sometimes sit out during the interactive games they like to play. I shouldn't have really expected them to just embrace me and love me when I am so boring and cold in most situations. I can also be bossy and rude sometimes. Just not a good combination over all.

Today, I had this realization and I came to the conclusion that I am just going to break ties with them. I won't tell them goodbye, just simply fade away. I don't want to force them to hang out with me anymore, I want to free them of me. They are all close and have known each other for years. I could never fully fit in or connect. It is time I move on. Sometimes these things happen. Not everything works out.

Something similar happened to me a few years ago, I realized that people didn't care about me as I cared about them.

If you think the best will be to leave the group, go ahead, but don't do it because you think it's the best for them or something.
If they are still going out with you may be because they like you? I don't know you personally but I always liked you, you are a likeable person and I'm sure a lot of people would love to spend time with you, even if you don't know it.

I did leave the group, as I was not really part of it, but I feel very lonely now and I can't stand it...

The final decision is obviously up to you, but you have to be careful on this decision. Whatever you end up doing, you will still have an online friend in here :)

MikeyC

My family's been in the lecturing mood this week.
Yikes, all that sounds awful. I mean, it's nothing callous, but it's nothing you need. Can you tell them that you have other things on your mind and you don't need lecturing, or will that be too confrontational?

My mum used to lecture me about getting a girlfriend, getting a new car, getting a new job, and such things, but not as much now, seeing as I talk to her less and less.

Well thats weird.
I just saw an advertisement in here (SPW) for our states upcoming state election! The State Government is saturating the media so much in this state they put an add in SocialPhobiaWorld!? (Queensland version) Wtf!:rolleyes:
lol, I hope they did not pay too much for the ad, I think I am the only active user in here from Queensland atm. lol ::p:
Heh, I only heard about this election this morning. I guess being a New South Welshman, you don't really hear about this as much. Best to just vote for whoever and get it over and done with. Stupid elections.

So sorry to hear this, Buzz. ::(:

Invisibleman

Yeah I feel the same way. Theres a group of guys ive hung out with for about that long a time as you mentioned and I doubt they care about me. Whenever im with them I basically just sit stock still without a sound while they play world of warcraft and other stuff I know nothing about and they dont even seem to notice that im not saying or doing anything.

That is of course anytime they actually invite me anywhere which they never do. Its been almost a year since theyve invited me to do anything with them.I mean I dont know why they would its not like I have anything in common with any of them,sports are my life whereas they are really into computers and stuff,they sit and discuss programming and other stuff thats greek to me and that I cant take part in.

One time they were playing the sims and they were like " lol I love the sims,I made every single one of my friends its hilarious" I look and the only one they didnt make was me. Its one of those things thats so small and stupid but im sensitive and it sent such a strong message to me that they probably dont want anything to do with me...

Im thinking of doing the same thing and just fading away,I mean its not likely that they will even notice but they are the only people I have.

MikeyC

One time they were playing the sims and they were like " lol I love the sims,I made every single one of my friends its hilarious" I look and the only one they didnt make was me. Its one of those things thats so small and stupid but im sensitive and it sent such a strong message to me that they probably dont want anything to do with me...
I'm so sorry. ::(: I have had similar things happen to me and it's never nice.

outsideroftheoutsiders

Well thats weird.

Make that two :)

MsBuzzkillington

Yeah I feel the same way. Theres a group of guys ive hung out with for about that long a time as you mentioned and I doubt they care about me. Whenever im with them I basically just sit stock still without a sound while they play world of warcraft and other stuff I know nothing about and they dont even seem to notice that im not saying or doing anything.

That is of course anytime they actually invite me anywhere which they never do. Its been almost a year since theyve invited me to do anything with them.I mean I dont know why they would its not like I have anything in common with any of them,sports are my life whereas they are really into computers and stuff,they sit and discuss programming and other stuff thats greek to me and that I cant take part in.

Im thinking of doing the same thing and just fading away,I mean its not likely that they will even notice but they are the only people I have.

I am really sorry to hear that you are going through something similar and having the same feelings as I am right now.

I can imagine that would be very painful, to not be included in the Sims game. I am sorry, that would have really hurt my feelings as well.

Hang in there.

Shyangel

I'm checking in a hotel in Atlanta city for 3 days for Momocon tomorrow. So, I just want to let ya'll know I probably wont be on again until then. I hope life treats ya'll well. I gotta get some sleep. Peace out everyone!!

WeirdyMcGee

I'm checking in a hotel in Atlanta city for 3 days for Momocon tomorrow. So, I just want to let ya'll know I probably wont be on again until then. I hope life treats ya'll well. I gotta get some sleep. Peace out everyone!!

OHHH!!!
You can meet Wendee Lee! She's amazing- so funny and super nice.
I wish I could meet Ellen Mclain, too~ GladOS <3

Have fun out there, angel!

MrJones

That's awesome! Have fun :)

Phoenixx

Yikes, all that sounds awful. I mean, it's nothing callous, but it's nothing you need. Can you tell them that you have other things on your mind and you don't need lecturing, or will that be too confrontational?
^ I sort of just walked away from each one. Told them either, "I know.", "I get it.", or "Okay" and then just continued what I was doing. They got the hint, I think.

Sorry, it sounds like I'm being rude here. I don't mean to come across that way. I've been pretty irritable all week.