Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Invisibleman

I've been skipping school and missing a lot because of my anxiety and depression. I have about 25 missed classes.

Is there anyway you could talk to the guidance counselor or something and explain your situation and maybe they wont suspend you?

bardock

I've been skipping school and missing a lot because of my anxiety and depression. I have about 25 missed classes.

aww im sad to hear that :(
but i cant complain, ive done it alot this semester, the only difference is there is no register in the lecture rooms so they dont know if i came or not :p
But you should really try an make an attempt to go, education is good

MrJones

I skip classes way too often myself :/
Just skipped today's and I don't think tomorrow I'll go to group therapy.

MikeyC

Why the **** am I even alive?
I'm too coward to continue but too coward to quit so I just stay in the same place, wasting time and space.
Sorry you feel this way, mate, but I can relate much too easily.

HA, my school wants to suspend me they sent me a letter today, parents are gone gambling and I can't seem to avoid my brother as he just loves to come upstairs to throw some random insults at me. So far it's the best day ever!
Day 2 (Or is it 3. I'm losing count) of my non-harmful week and my mind is already stopping itself from the urge to go through cabinets and looks for a moments solution to my small problems. This is going to be quite the challenge.
Hang in there, Iluv. PM me if you need to.

I was going to ask the same question as Invisibleman: is there a teacher you can chat to about your anxiety and depression? Maybe they can help you get back to school.

WeirdyMcGee

@Iluv

When I was agoraphobic through most of highschool; they would have had to suspend me for showing up at school 1-3 days/month.
I spoke with the guidance counselor and rather than suspend me or mark my attendance; I spent lunch hours in the office on days when I went to school to 'make up' for the days I missed.
Just a formality, really... because 3 days at school-- plus 3 makeup hours at lunch on those days = 6 days at school... for the whole month.
haha

Make sure you do your work and keep your average up and no one will be able to complain.
You have your reasons for not going to school. You have to let them know it's serious, though. Ask for help.

MrJones

Saw half an episode of the walking dead today. I think it was from the second season, I'm not sure. It seemed cool, but I dont think I have enough energy to follow a tv show right now, week to week and all that :/

Iluv

Is there anyway you could talk to the guidance counselor or something and explain your situation and maybe they wont suspend you?
Hang in there, Iluv. PM me if you need to.

I was going to ask the same question as Invisibleman: is there a teacher you can chat to about your anxiety and depression? Maybe they can help you get back to school.

Thanks Mikey, I'll take you up on that offer anytime. :)
And I already spoke to my guidance counsellor about my depression before. I'd assume she would know but I don't really know if she can do anything about it. But it's worth a shot again, I guess I have to try if it's my last option.

aww im sad to hear that :(
but i cant complain, ive done it alot this semester, the only difference is there is no register in the lecture rooms so they dont know if i came or not :p
But you should really try an make an attempt to go, education is good

Yeah I'd figure the teachers wouldn't notice. But they did. I need to attempt more that's for sure.

@Iluv

When I was agoraphobic through most of highschool; they would have had to suspend me for showing up at school 1-3 days/month.
I spoke with the guidance counselor and rather than suspend me or mark my attendance; I spent lunch hours in the office on days when I went to school to 'make up' for the days I missed.
Just a formality, really... because 3 days at school-- plus 3 makeup hours at lunch on those days = 6 days at school... for the whole month.
haha

Make sure you do your work and keep your average up and no one will be able to complain.
You have your reasons for not going to school. You have to let them know it's serious, though. Ask for help.

I've been trying to keep my average up, for most part it's good but some classes it's not. I'm not really that smart though so I guess some makeup hours couldn't hurt me so that's a good idea. Thanks!

MikeyC

Thanks Mikey, I'll take you up on that offer anytime. :)
And I already spoke to my guidance counsellor about my depression before. I'd assume she would know but I don't really know if she can do anything about it. But it's worth a shot again, I guess I have to try if it's my last option.
You're welcome. Yeah, bring it up again and see what they say. I hope everything works out for you.

GhastlyCC

A guy at the post office muttered "*******" under his breath after I asked him and his girlfriend what the date was ........wut?

Niteowl

So I had a GROUP interview today and I'm totally over-analysing it now lol. :eek:

I'm SO convinced that that's the last I'll hear of it. I know that I didn't come across as anxious -- I'm good at hiding it -- but I was definitely quiet. Did that make me look disinterested? I hope not. One of the staff looked like my cousin -- it almost COULD have been, if her name wasn't Siobhan. lol. I don't know, maybe it made things a little easier somehow. It was my mum that made it hard, all the preparation and the "it doesn't matter if you don't get it". She knows I won't and so do I -- although --

-- Thinking about it now - I was quiet, so what? I speak when spoken to. I do not speak out of turn. There were three "challenges". That's an exciting way of putting it. I did the best I could. There was a maths test. A task where we had to stack items on a shelf, in a group. Finally, a task where we had to pick out an item for a made-up customer's made-up children. I thought my choice was pretty cool. I actually feel like I did a good job with those things, and I NEVER feel like I've done good at ANYTHING. Ever. I think I was dressed quite nicely too... and the phone interview was... passable... hmm.

As usual, though, I'm sure being loud and confident and being friends with the staff (as at least a half of the candidates seemed to be) matters more. lol. Maybe all I'm good for is the volunteering where I don't get paid. Well I'm probably not even good for that. They tend to be desperate enough not to reject me. That's why I do it. And it makes me feel a little useful. :p I made £18.62 for a couple hours work this week, doing my own thing. MAYBE I'll just never go out again and live on £18.62 a week.

*sigh* :p

So I had a GROUP interview today and I'm totally over-analysing it now lol. :eek:

I'm SO convinced that that's the last I'll hear of it. I know that I didn't come across as anxious -- I'm good at hiding it -- but I was definitely quiet. Did that make me look disinterested? I hope not. One of the staff looked like my cousin -- it almost COULD have been, if her name wasn't Siobhan. lol. I don't know, maybe it made things a little easier somehow. It was my mum that made it hard, all the preparation and the "it doesn't matter if you don't get it". She knows I won't and so do I -- although --

-- Thinking about it now - I was quiet, so what? I speak when spoken to. I do not speak out of turn. There were three "challenges". That's an exciting way of putting it. I did the best I could. There was a maths test. A task where we had to stack items on a shelf, in a group. Finally, a task where we had to pick out an item for a made-up customer's made-up children. I thought my choice was pretty cool. I actually feel like I did a good job with those things, and I NEVER feel like I've done good at ANYTHING. Ever. I think I was dressed quite nicely too... and the phone interview was... passable... hmm.

As usual, though, I'm sure being loud and confident and being friends with the staff (as at least a half of the candidates seemed to be) matters more. lol. Maybe all I'm good for is the volunteering where I don't get paid. Well I'm probably not even good for that. They tend to be desperate enough not to reject me. That's why I do it. And it makes me feel a little useful. :p I made £18.62 for a couple hours work this week, doing my own thing. MAYBE I'll just never go out again and live on £18.62 a week.

*sigh* :p

It sounds like you definitely did your best Niteowl. Thats all anyone can do. Good luck:)

I've only had one group interview a few years ago. I remember it well as the first thing the owner of the the Bakery said when he walked in the room and looked at all of us seated was "Well you all look normal".....:eek:
He was serious, not joking. Some of us (there were about 20 people) just looked at each other subtly as if to say "wtf!"

DeadmanWalking

It's that moment in life when someone asks you for help and they get an attitude with you when you do that really puts things in perspective for you:rolleyes:.

It's that moment in life when someone asks you for help and they get an attitude with you when you do that really puts things in perspective for you:rolleyes:.

That sucks Deadman :s
Do you mean that they agressively don't agree with the help you offered or are just ungrateful for the help, that is, don't acknowledge that you tried to help them?

DeadmanWalking

That sucks Deadman :s
Do you mean that they agressively don't agree with the help you offered or are just ungrateful for the help, that is, don't acknowledge that you tried to help them?

As in my mother came into my room asking for help in Algebra. Throughout, she spoke down to me, telling me that "I must have forgotten how to do Algebra", and getting on to me about a problem. She came to me twice about two problems, one problem for each visit. The first problem was a little confusing to me (Algebra was confusing in my school years sometimes) and, second time around, I looked at it again to make sure that it was right and she got an attitude with me and told me to focus only on the second problem.

As in my mother came into my room asking for help in Algebra. Throughout, she spoke down to me, telling me that "I must have forgotten how to do Algebra", and getting on to me about a problem. She came to me twice about two problems, one problem for each visit. The first problem was a little confusing to me (Algebra was confusing in my school years sometimes) and, second time around, I looked at it again to make sure that it was right and she got an attitude with me and told me to focus only on the second problem.

Could you somehow make her aware that you do not like the tone she used with you when you were only trying to help? Maybe she is unaware of the way she sounded?

DeadmanWalking

Could you somehow make her aware that you do not like the tone she used with you when you were only trying to help? Maybe she is unaware of the way she sounded?

It's a common thing with her (and I'm starting to think in my family in general). I would love to say something, but my mouth sews itself shut because I know she's just going to get angry and yell at me. Thanks for worrying:).

this_portrait

The weather here is having mood swings again. It was over 80 degrees F all day, then it dropped down to a cool 60 with fog. I kinda prefer the 60-degree weather over the 80; nearly everyone around me is wearing hoodies and jackets, and I'm walking around in a thin scoop-neck sweater over a tank top. >> I swear I'm becoming immune to the cold, for some reason.