Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

jonas89

That sounds great, I always wish I'd had the chance to study abroad, you should definitely take the opportunity :D

Yeah I just get really excited just typing this and thinking about it :D haha
It cost less to learn what Im aiming for and it's just a completely new environment,, so I think it's a great life experience as well :D

this_portrait

The subject of philosophy has never been my strong point. Why can't these authors state their points clearly instead of dilly-dallying around with all this irrelevant crap? It would make writing a paper so much easier.

Phoenixx

Today has been a good day so far. :) I drove without panicking, my dad had lunch made for me when I got home, and he never cooks, finally was able to do my laundry, and I just sent an e-mail to a girl from my school (my old counselor apparently told her to contact me because she wants to get into the same major and go to the same college as I did) without rereading it a dozen times and getting all anxious.

coyote

The subject of philosophy has never been my strong point. Why can't these authors state their points clearly instead of dilly-dallying around with all this irrelevant crap? It would make writing a paper so much easier.

the dilly-dallying IS the point

Kiwong

People gossip about my anxiety, they notice and talk about, it makes me different, and it is slowly pushing me away from doing the things I love. This is the nightmare of someone suffering from anxiety come true.

Shyangel

Death sounds peaceful, soft, and sweet. Like the brush of a feather gently across your cheek. Like a cool airs breeze, so cold and free. Free of emotions and life's misery.

KiaKaha

Banned
You know what the great thing about being a man is? Women.

God DAYUM...

I can find something beautiful and attractive about pretty much every female I have ever encountered. All because I am a male.

Now ladies...form an orderly line...no pushing... (ok..you can push maybe a little bit..)

Last edited:

MsBuzzkillington

Death sounds peaceful, soft, and sweet. Like the brush of a feather gently across your cheek. Like a cool airs breeze, so cold and free. Free of emotions and life's misery.

No! It's not.

Think about that cool air breeze on your cheek. That warm feeling the sun gives you when it hits your face. The smell of freshly baked cookies. Can't get better than the real thing.

Hang in there.

the dilly-dallying IS the point

Exactly. If it was straight forward and possible to explain in easy points, then it would be drastically less interesting. Most philosophers I heard/read of had something interesting and significant in pretty much every sentence they spoke.

For something to be peaceful, one would have to be able to occasionally be disrupted from that peace to keep realizing how blissful the peace was. Death however is a steady stream of nothing, for the rest of eternity. Even if you could experience if conciously, which you can't (depending on belief of course, no offense meant), you'd eventually grow a custom to it and it would turn into torment. No if's or but's, no second chances.

Life on the other hand, is anything but a steady stream of anything. The potential for either peace OR chaos is what makes achieving what you're after worth while. The fluctuation makes you appreciate.

MikeyC

I want to live abroad. Soon.
Australia? :D

You know what the great thing about being a man is? Women.

God DAYUM...

I can find something beautiful and attractive about pretty much every female I have ever encountered. All because I am a male.

Now ladies...form an orderly line...no pushing... (ok..you can push maybe a little bit..)
Haha yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe they can form two lines?

Actually, no. I would just be too disappointing. ::p:

megalon

I'm toying with the idea of getting a half sleeve and gauging my ears. I spent some time looking at all the cool ear tunnels and plugs they sell on ebay. That might attract the wrong sort of people into my life though, and I might lose interest during the several months it would take to get to that point.

In other news, I'm laying here in bed in the dark with my netbook and not 1 but 2 spiders have attempted to drop down from the ceiling onto my face in the last half hour.

Last edited: