Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MrJones

Trying is a form of success IMO.
Probably you're right, but if you saw me the way I failed, so many times at such easy things, and making the same mistakes again and again, and being unable to get up and stand for myself to the point of being unable to live a respectable life anymore you would probably think differently...

MrJones

Tempted to dye my hair blue.
I did it once, during high school. I was already the weirdo, so that only made people laugh at me even more. Luckily high school is over and people are more mature at your age, so I encourage you to do it, it'd be awesome.

coyote

Tempted to dye my hair blue.

picture.php

looks fabulous

Vampayah88

Just made a facebook account, put almost all my info on private and the drama is already starting: "Dont u have any friends? why can't i see your friends?" Yes right now i only have like a couple of friends, and noone can see it cause i put that information on private cause i don't wanna be judged by those who have like hundreds of friends!
God I just already feel like a made a mistake by having a facebook...
Anyone wants to add me?lol..

MrJones

Just made a facebook account, put almost all my info on private and the drama is already starting: "Dont u have any friends? why can't i see your friends?" Yes right now i only have like a couple of friends, and noone can see it cause i put that information on private cause i don't wanna be judged by those who have like hundreds of friends!
God I just already feel like a made a mistake by having a facebook...
Anyone wants to add me?lol..
I made a FB a couple of weeks ago. I have one real and one for SPWers. PM me your FB name and I'll gladly add you :)

MsBuzzkillington

That pic is about TRYING, it doesn't mean succes at all.

Of course you still have to try, but I've tried a lot of things again and again and it's been fail after fail. The image is true, I always think I can't then I try then I do it, and then I fail.

This is a really terrible way to look at the world :(. It's awfully pessimistic. So you tried and failed, it happens. At least you tried. If you don't try, you are guaranteed to fail. If you don't try you will never change, if you don't try you will never make progress.

However, you have a fighting chance if you actually try. Every day you tried to make a chance is a day you make a little bit of progress. Every time you try and push yourself, no matter what the outcome is, you've made progress. Those are all successes. Taking a chance, taking a risk... it's an accomplishment and a success even if the end result isn't perfect.

MrJones

This is a really terrible way to look at the world :(. It's awfully pessimistic. So you tried and failed, it happens. At least you tried. If you don't try, you are guaranteed to fail. If you don't try you will never change, if you don't try you will never make progress.

However, you have a fighting chance if you actually try. Every day you tried to make a chance is a day you make a little bit of progress. Every time you try and push yourself, no matter what the outcome is, you've made progress. Those are all successes. Taking a chance, taking a risk... it's an accomplishment and a success even if the end result isn't perfect.
I know I'm pessimistic.

I really encourage people to try, and if they fail they have to try again and again.

It just comes a point where you are so exhausted of trying and failing that you don't have the energy to try anything anymore.

coyote

if you try and fail

try something different

don't just keep trying the same thing over and over

learn from your failure - make it count

that way it actually becomes something good

you'll start seeing failure as a positive thing

because it helps point you in the right direction

Shyangel

I'm sick and tired of having beauty in front of me and I just frown and don't appreciate/enjoy it. I feel like a selfish person. How can you go out on a beautiful day with your niece and not feel happy. Some people would kill for these simple experiences.
I have to force myself with ever fiber of my being to do the simplest things I enjoy.
The world is filled with beauty and joy and I'm given the opportunity to experience it and all I can do is feel pain. How much of a miserable and sick person does this make me? Maybe it doesn't make me a bad person, but I certainly feel like it.

I'm not doing badly right now. Just some thoughts.

MrJones

if you try and fail

try something different

I can tell I have tried so many freaking thngs I'm out of ideas. I'm going to 3 different therapies right now and I'm trying to expose myself, and talk to people and try new things and whatever I can think of. I fail at everything. I'm really tired of it... now I just want to lay in bed and cry until I die.

twiggle

if you try and fail

try something different

Exactly.

Failure is unpleasant but it can also be very useful. It surreptitiously gives you strength; because you realise that no matter what you failed at - you're still here, and you can try again with, as coyote says, a different method or idea. We learn about ourselves through failure. Nobody ever became strong by having the kind of life in which everything was handed to them from a plate.

Failure can make people stronger and motivated. If you don't feel that way, if something really isn't working out, you need to re-arrange your goals and values. Make brave decisions and changes.

It's not just make-believe. I know that the best decisions I ever made came as result of a failure of some kind, and I know many other people who have experienced the same.

You can do something about it.

MrJones

Maybe I'm naive, but I really don't see what kind of things can't be changed if the will to change them is strong enough.
Life can be complicated, sometimes it doesn't matter how much we want something, some things can't be changed.

Sorry for being so pessimistic, but it's what I've learned from life.

DeadmanWalking

Maybe I'm naive, but I really don't see what kind of things can't be changed if the will to change them is strong enough.

I'd have to agree with you. There's always something you can do to change the situation you're in. Life plays hard, but it also plays fair; it gives each "player" a chance to win. No one's doomed to failure. There are infinite possibilities abound on changing your life. All it simply requires is the desire to change and the willingness to grasp those chances of change, no matter what form they come in. Of course, this is all coming from a naive 19 year old.